Closed Thread
Page 52 of 95 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't had a flu shot this year yet; but I was planning on heading to my GP in the next week or two to see about getting it done.

Really looking forward to the weekend now. Just found out that at the Pregnancy, Baby & Children's Expo in Adelaide this weekend, there will be a place (Essence First Imaging) offering 3D ultrasounds and 3 printed pictures for $30. Will be great to get a chance to see my baby on screen again - I haven't had that opportunity since my anomaly scan about 9.5 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Catzilla; 18-03-2014 at 10:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's such a great deal Catlover. Melbourne has that show in a few weeks and will have to check it out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had the flu shot once when I went travelling around Europe for the first time - still got sick (contiki cough) and I haven't bothered since.

I'm a little jealous some of you ladies have baby expos coming up! The last one in Perth was on in August and considering I was only about 6 weeks pregnant then I felt it was way too soon to go along.

Well done to all you ladies still working, it does seem to be a huge effort towards the end when naturally your mind is consumed by all things baby!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On another group I am a part of the ladies were talking about the Whooping cough vaccination to have before the baby is born(at GP/OB recommendation) and maybe the flu jab, also making sure husbands/partners, grandparents have them too. Any ones GP/OB suggested this, mines not mentioned it? I am going to bring it up at my next appointment, they were saying to have the these at around 28 weeks.

Well my DH's Nan passed away late last night,she was really sick but we all thought she may hang on to see her first Great Grandchild but it was all too much for her, this is when we wish we didn't live on the otherside of the world (she lived in the UK). They do say one leaves the world and another enters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ- I'm really sorry to hear about DH's nan.

My parents are getting the flu shot and I reminded them to get the whooping cough booster with it. I had it my booster a few years ago. I know my inlaws are all done, just have to get hubby done and my brother. I just worry about the extended family who will rock up to see the baby even if they are sick. I'd want them to stay away till better or they will be turned away.

Arlais: I got that bloody contiki cough too! Lol being a teacher I have always gotten the flu shot but to be honest I caught every other bug going around. Thankfully I've been home this pregnancy so I am away from the germy kids. Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ, DH and I both had the whooping cough vaccination when we had DS. I don't remember anyone mentioning to have it before he was born but we certainly both had it fairly soon after.

I'm not sure what the current thinking is about pregnant ladies and the flu jab. Last pregnancy I was told not to have it but they always seem to change their mind. I'm reluctant to have it while still pregnant but have booked DH to have his on Fri.

DS has a vomiting bug at the moment and we have been up since 3.30 am with him. Really hope I don't get it. It's pretty hot and umcomfortable in Brissie at the moment. Hope the weather changes soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I made sure all family had the whooping cough booster or they weren't allowed at the hospital or holding baby. In laws, nieces, nephews, grand parents etc all had to have it in my book - was non negotiable as it is super nasty if baby gets it and there are massive outbreaks in recent years so is much more prevalent.
    My sister in law had leukemia as a child and is a massive Dr and needle phobe, but even she didn't get off the hook. No vax, no baby cuddles!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good job Bedlover! I will probably do the same and really don't care if I rub people the wrong way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Australia is in the grip of the largest and longest-running epidemic of whooping cough since mass vaccination started more than half a century ago. The numbers have been increasing dramatically - 38,606 cases reported last year, compared with only 4863 in 2007 - and eight babies have died since 2008. This is despite Australia boasting one of the highest vaccination rates in the world."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (18-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jj-there's a pop up add coming up on the right for 15% off Bugaboo Chameleon at myer.
    Eta-whoops, David jones NOT myer

I had my flu shot yesterday and had Boostrix sometime in the last three years so still have immunity/antibodies but DH needs his. The only issue is that there is concern that the virus has mutated since and the vaccine hasn't changed.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 18-03-2014 at 19:44.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (19-03-2014)