Closed Thread
Page 49 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Rtkirk- these hormones are ridiculous, aren't they? I get teary over the silliest things too! I ordered a book online the other day, it's a children's book called 'on the night you were born' and is all about how special a baby/child is, I want to read to bub when she arrives. The book hasn't arrived yet but whenever I read some of the words from the book online, I end up having a bit of a tear over it. It's such a sweet book and you ladies would probably love it too now that your much wanted bundles are close to arriving.

Thanks for the info Nirok and Veritas! I'll have to look into the hospital tours. I definitely know nappies are supplied, I've also been told that they give you a supply for the whole time you are in the hospital and continually restock it. Apparently once you leave the hospital, your supply has to be thrown out (due to hygiene reasons) so most ladies take the left over nappies home to use. I'm sure they give the other supplies too as my friend did say you only really need to take clothes with you for the baby, which is what your list says too Nirok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the heads up about baby not kicking as much I felt like that last week at 25 weeks but keep that note in my head for a after 30 weeks

omg hormones well I have been more angry and less patient whilst being pregnant and have not really had too many crying moments but last night I watched that movie red dog for the first time and I cried and cried and cried my bloody eyes out my DH was laughing but giving me a hug at the same time lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently towards the end babies sleep 95% of the time, so that plus the fact there is less room to move means you will generally feel less.

I might still get a decent kick from bub every few days, but most of the time it's just wriggling, rolling or stretching I'm feeling. For peace of mind I will usually relax for a little while just after I've had something to eat and drink because she'll respond to that.

If you ever feel like your bub hasn't been moving as much as "normal" (whatever that is for you) - don't hesitate to call your hospital and tell them you're worried. Even if you have to deal with *****y midwives it's worth going to have some monitoring to ensure everything is okay.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    quick post sorry ladies, spent 2 more nights back in hospital with migraine. Came home this morning but think I have to go back, not coping at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Amps! Sorry to hear that. I really hope things settle down for you when bub arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for listening ladies and for your pram advice.. It truly is wonderful having the support on here.. I'm still pretty upset about it all but just want to get it sorted now. I'll be researching the tips over the next couple days and decide by the end of the week..Is there anywhere you can see the Rozibaby ones or is it all online?

Had a party at a reception centre today.. Thank goodness for ASOS having cheap dresses however again I forgot that I can't really fit in any of my heels.. Lol I managed to squeeze in them, but boy are my feet killing me now!! Not a good idea!

Oh no Amps.. Thinking of you and hoping you are better soon..

I too don't feel Bubs a lot.. Although every now and again it gives me a good whack and I love it! I've heard girls don't move as much as boys?? but don't know if that's just another old wives tale.. Insist on a scan if you are worried for peace of mind..

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJTiger, Rozibaby can be visited if your in Melbourne, otherwise it's just online. However if you order online and don't like it you can send back. A $25 restocking fee is the only penalty.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ABH.. Yep, I'm in Melbourne so will check it out

Forgot to mention Bedlover those Facebook pages sound great, shame we're in different states.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ there is a great 1 year old bugaboo on there tonight too for $650 - looks like a bargain!

Maybe ask people you know with kids as I am sure there are some in your area too!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I've had friends say that after 30 weeks you feel less movement. Apparently babies don't have as much room to move around in there as they are getting bigger and it's more cramped. Having said that I've never really had a lot of constant movement. I use to worry about it but I think it has to do with it being a girl. Another thing is the position bub is sitting in. At the moment mine is sort of curled across my front and still engaged. The doctor said this is a position where you don't feel much movement. If your worried go and see your doctor or go to your hospital, it's not worth the stress.
    JJ I can imagine how upset you must be. If you look around you can get good deals on prams and always ask for a bit of discount when you go into shops. You will find most are obliging because they want your business. We bought the Silvercross Wayfarer for $635 which was a really good price. And the bassinet comes with it. If you want to save money, forget buying a steriliser just use boiling water, it worked generations gone by. Hire the car capsule for the first 6 months, they are really cheap. Some things you may not need like a breast pump for example so just wait and see. Just buy the essential items for the moment.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (17-03-2014),JJTiger  (17-03-2014)