Closed Thread
Page 48 of 95 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Why can I never sleep in! Always wake-up at 5:55. Annoying, trying to make the most of it before having to get up to bubs. Will just have to do an arvo nap today.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ABH guess your bodies trying to prep you for your baby alarm clock that's coming soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ABH  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover great work!! I love a bargain, that's amazing how much you have saved!

Jay congrats on selling the house.. Such a relief for you. Congrats on 30 weeks... Not long to go

Spidery all the best with your GTT tomorrow.. I've got 3 weeks left of work and have found the last month just flew.. So it will be here before you know it..

Ngaiz I too have been struggling since 30 weeks.. I want to get so much done but just don't have the energy

AFM - I'm really disappointed and upset with myself.. When things seem too good to be true, they usually are.. I had a friend at work over 15 months ago offer all this baby stuff.. She's assured me when I fell pregnant it was mine.. Pram (bugaboo) 2 car seats (one for DH and one for mum) sterilizer, portacots... Etc.. Well under 7 weeks till Bubs is due last night she sent me a text to say her DH has offered most of it to his niece who just got married.. So now I have to shop for (mainly a pram for now) next weekend which will be 6 weeks before Bubs is due.. I've missed all the stocktake sales There's no way we can afford a buggaboo and I really want something with a bassinette and 4 wheels.. It looks like it's between the steelcraft strider compact and baby jogger city select or versa.. It's still going to cost about $800.. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated .. Sorry for the vent xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sucks JJTiger. Good luck with the pram hunt. Have you checked out eBay or gumtree? Rozibaby is made is the same factory as Bugaboo, but heaps cheaper. I have ordered mine and am waiting, but only cause of 3 wheels and color choice. Pretty sure 4 wheels r in stock. It tells u on their website.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh JJTiger, that's awful! It's terrible that she only told you this close to your due date! Prams were a mind field for me so I don't have much to suggest, the only thing that cane to mind was rozibaby, those prams have the basinet you are after and at least you won't have to leave the house to order one.

Nirok- I thought it was you who was going through NPH as well but wasn't sure! I think you are right about the Saturday classes being booked out, a friend of mine is about 31/32 weeks and already up to her second class as she is going through the week, she also said that everyone in her class was 28-32weeks. I wish I could go earlier but I don't finish work until after 6pm and would then still have to get to the hospital, I feel that asking for an hr leave once a week for 4 weeks would be too much to ask. I'll actually be finished work before mine start but then it's too late to start the 4 weeks of mid week classes so Saturday will have to do us. Please do let me know what they are like.

Veritas- how do you book a hospital tour and do they charge you for it? I think a tour is included in the antenatal classes but was thinking that if I could find out the important stuff like when to go to hospital and where you go when you get there (I assume you just turn up at the croudace doors??), as well as what is needed in hospital, then the only other main part is the tour as I've heard all the breathing techniques go out the window when the labour is actually happening and you'd obviously just have to go with it! I'm just really nervous about having to go to the classes so late and would like to think I'd be more prepared by then.
    Last edited by Annerley; 16-03-2014 at 08:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Abh-my body clock is set for 4:30am!! Anything after that is tossing and turning.

Jj-That's so frustrating, personally I would be really mad.

I've been really emotional this week and just felt teary. Well, after wanting pancakes for breaky for the last two weeks, dh went out yesterday and got everything for me. This morning I added far too much water to the shake and bake bottle and stuffed it, got the cook book out and didn't have enough ingredients to make them from scratch. I burst into uncontroble tears and now I just feel silly.

Eta-Anyone else notice a dramatic decrease in movement after 30 weeks? I'm lucky if I can feel bub move 3 times a day. No more poking and prodding, just squirming. I know it's normal and everything is okay because every couple of days s/he has a party in there.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 16-03-2014 at 09:09.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jj that's really poor form on her part! We got the Phil and teds smart buggy. Has a bassinet called the peanut you can get, and four wheels. As a bundle I think we paid just over $300. You can also get an adaptor for a number of capsules too.

Annerley - from what I've been told they do tours every second Saturday. To get to the delivery suite you go in the doors and head down the hallway to the left. There's a buzzer to ring before you enter and a midwife will come greet you. I've had all my anti d shots there and a quick check when I had a gall bladder attack.

Ngaiz - absolutely. Bubs used to have a dance party every day but now its mostly just pushing and wiggling with an occasional outburst of action.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - I just noticed on my letter from the hospital regarding my excess that it says bring:
    * toiletries and pyjamas or dayclothes for mum
    * clothes for baby
    So you could be right about the other stuff for baby being provided? I definitely saw packs of huggies when I was in the birthing suites a few weeks ago.

Veritas is right - the birthing suites are easier to find than I thought - I had to go there for my anti-d shot.

I had to do saturday because hubby works odd hours. I put my forms in at 16 weeks and still didn't get into a class until 35/36 weeks! Touchwood we won't need to know anything until then anyway!!!! I've packed about 75% of my hospital bag and bubs bag will be easy to organise. If anything is missed - its not hard to send hubby or my mum home.
    Last edited by nirok; 16-03-2014 at 11:09.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJTiger - what a pain. What state are you in? I am in NSW and got most of my stuff through Facebook mummy buy/sell groups. You can get some really good bargains and mostly it is in really good condition. The sites I am on are invite only but if you are in NSW I can invite you to join these groups.

I was also a bit cheeky and joined ones that were out of my area as certain parts of Sydney are wealthier than other so those suburbs tend to have good stuff for sale and often have really new stuff bring sold due to overseas moves etc.

Don't worry, you still have time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ check out the Valco Zee Spark - it's got a Transforma seat which turns into a traditional bassinet without any extra attachments etc. I probably would have gotten one of these myself if they were available at the time we were looking!

Currently on special ($100 off) for only $399 at my baby warehouse:

http://mybabywarehouse.com.au/valco-...FcEepAodLR0AAQ