Closed Thread
Page 47 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear you Alias, today I'm feeling absolutely exhausted unsure why. Only did walk, some washing and a bit of shopping. Could usually smash that. So glad I'm just about organised.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bed lover - I actually did a slow cooker risotto, just a base so can add what ever after. Never had any issues with risotto thawing well. Just popped a batch of chilli beans into the slow cooker to add to the stash :-)

Spidery - yay on the new house. We've been in ours since Xmas but so much renovating still in progress.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (15-03-2014),Spidery  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Looks like we have sold a house today yay. It's in Brissy but we needed to sell or move back in due to tax but we weren't in a position to move back in so it went on the market and first open house had 2 couples fighting for it. Last house at Xmas we had to negotiate the price up but this time we sat back and let them battle it out between them ... a great position to be in & with Daniel Ricciardo doing well in F1 Qual a great day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok ladies - I think I am done with getting all the things I need for the new arrival!!

As this is second bub and I haven't been working since Jan I needed to do it on a budget. Also, I borrowed a heap of stuff with DS and the girl I borrowed from is due around the same time as this bub so I needed to get that stuff.

I feel really proud of what I have got over the last few months:

Ergo carrier never used - $80 (Rrp $200)
    Bassinet used but excellent condition - $50 (Rrp $200)
    Bugaboo wheeled board for DS to ride on behind pram - $41 (Rrp $120)
    Electric sterilizer used - $10
    Boori cot used - free (Rrp $550)
    Boori change table and mat - $40 (Rrp $350) this isn't in great condition, has more scratches than I would like
    Safe n sound car seat for DS as bub will take DS's old one - $80 (Rrp $340)

I have borrowed a Medela breast pump and have all the bottles etc from last time.

The only thing I bought new was a mattress for the cot!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great job Bedlover!

Great news Jay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on reaching 30wks Jay and big congrats on the sale of the house, it's all happening for you!

Yay for 29weeks, Catlover, almost in the 30s for you too!

Good luck with the move Spidery and all the best for your GTT test, mine is next Saturday the 22nd! I can't believe we are 26wks too but I agree, still feels like we have a fair bit to go! I can't stop thinking about finishing work either!

Ngaiz- definitely can only imagine what I'll be feeling like with only 3wks left of work, I think I'll struggle to keep interested, especially given that I'll have 2 short weeks with Easter and Anzac Day and then only 3 full weeks to go after that, think I'll be well and truly over it by then!

ABH- I think I over did it yesterday by going on a long walk in my lunch break at work yesterday, I don't exercise much so I think my body went into shock, wouldn't have helped that I was only wearing sandals so my ankles swelled and my tummy was so sore after the walk. I've been really busy today and yesterday too so am really tired but I'm still a good 6wks behind you, could only imagine the exhaustion you'd feel!

Wow Bedlover- what awesome bargains you've got there! I've bought a lot of things on sale, a $20 closer to nature manual breast pump was probably my best buy but you've done a great job minimising costs!

Thanks for the tip on how exhausting things get at the 30+ weeks mark Arlais. I seemed to have gotten into full nesting mode and came home from work at 7pm last night had dinner and then completely reorganised the nursery. Today I've done a couple of loads of washing so all bub's swaddles, blankets and cot sheets are washed and all ironed, yes I even ironed all the cot sheets, the fitted ones took some effort! I feel like I've accomplished a lot and wasn't planning to organise everything until after my baby shower but feel happy that it's done now. My mum kindly washed and ironed half of bub's clothes last week (they are all now hanging nicely in the wardrobe) and is taking the rest of the clothes this week, which means I only have things like singlets, socks, hats left to wash.

Veritas- I'm pretty sure we are delivering at the same hospital and I'm fairly sure a friend of mine told me that we don't need to take anything to the hospital for bub except clothes (apparently there is also a small clothes supply at the hospital, if needed), I'll probably take some of my own blankets since I'll need them to leave the hospital and know the hospital supplies nappies but do you know whether they also give you wipes, nappy rash cream, etc? I'm sure my friend said they did and will check when I see her next but wondering if you know. My antenatal classes have been booked for end of May (which is incredibly late if you ask me) so I feel like I'll need to know all of this before I go to the classes at 36wks.
    Last edited by Annerley; 15-03-2014 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work Bedlover you've done a fantastic job with your bargain hunting!

Annerley you've been a busy busy bee! Wow fantastic job!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - I'm on my phone so I can't check but if I remember correctly you are at NPH too. My antenatal classes are in 3 weeks when I will be 35/36 weeks (I thought it was late too but I've heard that's pretty much what they do there - assume you've gone with the saturday which is also very popular so it might be so far away because the saturdays book out!!!).
    If you don't find out the information in the next 3 weeks then I'll come back and update you so you know before the end of May!!

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'll be able to let you both know before then :-) we went with calmbirth classes over the hospital which were marvelous! But that reminds me I wanted to book the delivery suite tour to have a proper look through and know what is where.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover - great bargain hunting!!! Woman after my own heart. We have so many cute clothes for bub that I collected along the ivf route but all were crazy reduced!!

Second hand bassinet and cot too that I've refurbished and everything else on special pretty much too. Is a great feeling saving $$$