Closed Thread
Page 46 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So glad I don't have to do all the pre-labour cooking some of you are. My hubby is good in the kitchen as has looked after me many times after endometriosis removal, shoulder op, on days where I have bad pain in my knees & or shoulders. When I was working too, we were sharing the cooking so night on, night off. So I know he can rustle us up a feed no probs, and we already use online shopping but he doesn't mind going if we need something even girly products.

On the pineapple chat ... Hubby said maybe I should start drinking more pineapple juice so if my waters do break it smells more like pineapple juice bahaha he's worried it'll stink out the car if they go whilst I'm in it or at the shops or the bed. Reckons I should also wear a nappy closer to due date just incase. I got some puppy wee pads the other day as figure I can put a few on car seat & a few on carpet in car (for safety I'll put under the mat as it can be easily washed or replaced) around driver seat. I've already got a cot fitted mattress protector design to stop moisture penetrating through & another type of mattress protector designed more to absorb moisture in the car ready to go so reckon it'll be the most protected car seat by the time I'm finished .

When do they test for strep as don't believe I've been tested for it. Is it only if your in a risk factor group?
    Last edited by Jay11; 14-03-2014 at 22:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay everyone gets tested - just not usually til closer to your due date, I think around 36 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes the strep b test is done around 36 weeks. You can refuse it, and apparently some hospitals don't bother with it at all.

The problem is you can test positive at one point, but then negative by the time you actually go into labour. Some people are very conscious about not having antibiotics unnecessarily, but for me personally if it's eliminating a potential risk to my baby then I'm happy to go ahead with it. It does help having my sister go through it 3 times with no problems for her or any babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tks Arlias & Bedlover! We are cautious people and prefer to be prepared and protect this little gem so I'll have the test even if I have to ask

Thanks
    Reviews
    30weeks whoop whoop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great milestone Jay! Isn't it amazing to think how long you've been pregnant for?

After 30 weeks I've really been feeling that reaching each week has been a great achievement. There's a lot of last minute development that goes on in the final 10 week block to prepare bub for the outside world.

I have found it's gotten substantially harder after that 30 week mark though, so please be kind to yourself. It's been hard with fighting insomnia, but I've been needing far more sleep, I'm slower at doing even simple things and everything seems to take a mammoth effort - so you do need to take it easy and factor in some more time to simply rest xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on 30 weeks Jay11

Thanks ladies for the info on strep B will chat with obs at next appt.

cannot wait for for the announcements so close

Thanks is annerley cannot believe we are 26 weeks on Monday. However it feels like we still have ages to go

AFM: I have GTT on Monday.

I put leave and maternity leave forms in last week I have this week off work which is great but thinking how am I going to get through the next 2 months at work mentally

On a another note we pick up our keys to our new house in 10 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay for 30wks Jay, I hit a wall around then and everything seems physically harder since. Although I do I have my energy back.

Spidery-as hard as it is, I love moving house!! It's the perfect opportunity to have a clean out. I have 3 weeks left at work and I've lost all interest in the place.

I was sneaky yesterday and logged into the pathology results at work and for the first time in 5 years I did not swab positive for GBS. Very reassuring to know.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (15-03-2014),Spidery  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ngaiz I am actually looking forward to the moving. I think i am already over work which is not great since I actually do like my job. But I think my brain is already in maternity leave lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    29 weeks for me tomorrow. Getting so close I can almost touch it now. Finally starting to try and get my act together with the bigger items. We got the pram fully assembled and ready for use today; and hopefully we'll be able to get on to getting the cot done within the next week.