Closed Thread
Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Amps and Arlias, 4 weeks to go.

I hope your migraines don't persist Amps. Arlias has given you some very sound advice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Amps  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well another week starts and another week closer to meeting our babies hope everyone is good.

Sorry to hear about headaches Amps sounds very painful. I would check with your OB to be on the safe side but if your BP is fine it could be just another dreaded pregnancy symptom.

Annerly thanks my GD's been really good not tested above the guidelines all week so I am happy...I see my OB on Thursday and will find out more but I think they will keep me testing until he is born to make sure my sugars do not go up again. No he didn't mention getting him out early only that they will not let me go over my due date of the 10/6, they will keep monitoring his size and if he got larger than average then they talk about getting the baby out early by C-Section. I am becoming more favourable to a C-Section though anyway because I am stressing myself out too much thinking about the natural birth.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (10-03-2014),Annerley  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Ladies
    Dh is taking me to local hospital now so I can get checked out. Tried my gp, booked out, tried my ob, in surgery, tried midwife where I'm having the baby and she suggested to just go to outpatients if I couldn't see my gp.
    I do suffer migraines but this is definitely not the same. I've never been dizzy or had loss of balance before. Mine always start at the back and cover my whole head, these have been over my left eye, weird.
    Dh is trying to push me out the door so I'd better go, will post when I get back!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everything turns out okay Amps! I do get migraines but haven't been too bad since being pregnant. I'm jealous of all your long stays in hospital. My hospital is 1 night for vaginal birth and 2 for c section. Midwives visit at home after that. Might depend on how busy the hospital is. Not sure...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    Wow Amps and Arlias, 4 weeks to go.

I hope your migraines don't persist Amps. Arlias has given you some very sound advice.
    Officially yes, but seriously doubting I'll get to April! At the moment I'm either dealing with a case of gastro, or my body is starting the pre-labour "clean out"

If it comes down to a planned c-section I'll likely go in around 38 weeks since my shortened cervix means it's a bit too risky to wait until the usual 39 weeks. If I go into labour on my own there's a good chance I'll progress through the first stage quite quickly and bub's bum might start the descent before they get a chance to get me into theatre!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps- I hope you find some answers at the hospital and relief from your migraines. They sound awful. When I get them they are usually around my eye but sleep always gets rid of it. Hope they pass soon.

Arlais- hopefully bubs will hold off making an entrance for a few more weeks. How far are you from the hospital in case you go into labour?

Annerley: how are you feeling? Hope your better. Happy 25 weeks!!

I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent bouncer/rocker thingamajig. As per usual so many choices and my head hurts looking at them all 😃

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Omgosh Amps & Arlais, time seems to be flying for you guys! Arlais how short is your cervix?? Mine measured <15mm. Bub is sitting really low and when they push on my belly mine funnels. If bub is still breach at my appt next week (33wk) then DH will come to my 35wk appt and if bub still hasn't turned we will book CS then just in case. Hopefully between 37-38wks, would live to meet bubba that little bit sooner.

Amps I hate getting migraines, but it's worse when you can't take anything to helP relieve the pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not as short as yours Ngaiz! It was 1cm when Ob checked 3 weeks ago, but I have a feeling it's gone down further since then. I don't know if anyone else gets this, but usually a day or two before I get my period I start feeling more open, so my cervix dilating to let everything through. In the past few days at least I've been getting that same "opening" feeling, so I'm going to get it checked when I see my Ob on Wednesday.

Only 20 mins away from the hospital in traffic so it's not too bad a distance if we need to get there in a hurry.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!
    How exciting that we are getting so close to our first announcement! Just read on another thread for 'due in May' (non IVF specific) that one of the ladies who was due early May had her bub last week!! Can't believe it!!

Amps - you are having such a rough trot, hope they sort you out and you are back to normal soon.

Arlais and Ngaiz - short cervix! Won't be long now - yay!

Hi to everyone else!

AFM - have been getting v itchy so OB sent me for blood test for cholestasis this morning. Apparently the itching can be a sign of liver slow down which can increase the chance of still birth in late preg, so if I have it Dr may bring c section date forward - which would be awesome from a planning perspective!! My gut feel is that I don't have it, or only have a very mild case if I do - but all will be revealed when the blood results come back.

Is anyone else getting MASSIVE? I read that from 32 weeks onwards you should be putting on 0.5 kgs per week!! I def feel like this is me! I am getting very hot swollen feet from lugging around all this extra weight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps glad to hear your getting it checked out as I was going to tell you to do that as I reckon any pain that makes you throw up and get dizzy needs further investigation. It could be a fever or even middle ear infection but you can't take any chances now. Hope it's something simple and no stay required! Hugs