Closed Thread
Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais I found the theatre for c-sect pretty much the same as for egg pick up, just more people and more equipment.

At my hospital if you have had a c-sect they take baby on the first night so you can sleep. After that, they are a bit reluctant. I had one really terrible night with DS. They came and settled him but wouldn't take him to the nursery. They won't take the baby if DH is staying either. I didn't have DH stay last time and won't again either. We live 5 mins from the hospital so it wasn't worth 70 dollars per night for him to sleep on a fold out couch. I preferred him to go home, feed my cat, have a good night sleep and then come and help me refreshed in the day. He did turn up at 5.30am to take me home on the last day. Frightened the life out of me! Excited much Was disappointed he had to wait for hours for me to be discharged!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (09-03-2014),Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a nice big toilet bag today to fill with all those super maternity pads everyone keeps telling me about.
    Jay your so lucky they let you stay up to 7 days. I don't think many hospital do that anymore, do they.
    October is your hospital private or public?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Team Panda they actually will let you stay as long as they think you need it they have sleep and mother baby wards if your bub is having problem settling or the mother baby if mum is needing more time especially if they think she has a bit of the blues or just not handling it for some reason. They said when we did a tour they had one lady who had been there a few weeks prior to birth and was still there about 29days in total I think it was as they all felt she wasn't ready. So they keep you in the unit just move you to the ward that best suits the issues your dealing with if needed. But pretty sure it was upto 7days in the labour ward from birth.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds so nice Jay. Are you going to Northpark? It's very rare to find a hospital that will do that. I'm going to St Vincent's private I think it's 6 days max. FYI: Northpark have a really good sleep school, my friend went there and they were so supportive and their strategies were not harsh and actually worked miracles with my friend's bub.

Gosh, things are coming around so quickly for you girls!! Exciting times!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a private hospital Panda. It could have even just been the particular midwife i had that night. I had so much conflicting advice and some midwives were definitely nicer than others!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospital usually keeps you 5 nights for a c-sect but only 3 for a natural birth, depending of course on how things are going.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's Northpark Riss. I think that 4 nights is generally enough for majority unless you've had a c section. It seems like a great Hosp plus close to home & hubby's work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Monday, another working week commencing for me. Great to be in the single digits.

Had Antenatal class with DH on Saturday, which I got a fair bit out of. Feeling a bit tired today and hoping my day goes fast. Think I will also try to do a breast feeding info class before bub arrives. My hospital do them and also looking at the ABA.

Has anyone joined the ABA? Or been to any of their classes?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, I'm chasing some advice this morning. The last couple of nights have been terrible, been getting a bad headache in the early evening which turns to migraine when I try to lie down and go to sleep, mainly over my left eye which isn't typical for me. Have had very little sleep because it hurts so bad. I have to prop myself completely upright to even try to snooze. Last night I got dizzy and my balance was off......still have headache now. I've thrown up each night from the pain, so not happy. My bp is fine. I don't know if this can be normal or if I should try to see my gp or ob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps a persistent headache can be a sign of pre-eclampsia, but if your BP is fine and no protein in your urine then generally it's not a stand alone symptom.

Do you suffer with migraines when not pregnant? I do and have found they're a bit more frequent the further into the pregnancy I get. The best thing I've found is to really concentrate on being very well hydrated.

If you've got an appt coming up soon I would definitely be telling your Ob or GP about it - there are some migraine medications which are fairly safe to use in pregnancy. It might also be worth your while seeing a chiro or physio (depending what you're more comfortable with). My physio has given me a lot of relief from migraines by working on my neck & shoulder, which is generally where my pain originates. With all the hormones going through your body it's not uncommon for things to slip out of place and cause issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (10-03-2014)