Closed Thread
Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Veritas, what exactly is moxibustion? I take it that it all worked for you and baby did what it was supposed to do?
    Rtkirk I finished up Friday, thank god! I had already mentally tuned off a while ago. I have about 6 weeks to go(in my job you have to give 6 weeks confinement leave) and have started buying and collecting what I need for hospital just this week. So far 3 pairs of pjs, and one bath robe and breast disks! Today on my list is to go buy some super big undies!
    I haven't organised very much for the baby but am going to start now. I've been so reluctant to buy much. After all the let downs and false starts trying to conceive through ivf I've been so cautious of getting ahead of myself. After seeing bubs at Fridays scan she is looking practically like a fully developed baby. Really round little face and full lips. So cute! It's all getting very exciting now! Just have to get through the birth!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - if you handled ivf drugs and ckexane then you won't even notice acupuncture needles; I swear it to you!!!

I truly believe acupuncture made all the difference to my second ivf cycle (this one). I would love to use it to help prepare for labour but its probably an expense I can't spare in the final weeks as my health fund only gives me back about $25 out of the $75 fee.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - I'm with you there on staying as long as possible in the hospital. I know our hospital gives out vouchers and free nappies if you leave early but I'd rather stay in and get as much help as possible before going home. My friend took up the offer to go stay at a 5 star hotel a number of years a go after 2 nights in hospital. And her baby ended up having a seizure whilst they were staying there. Lucky for her that her husband is a doctor but it was very traumatic and I know for me I would feel better being in hospital as long as possible.
    i think in regards to c sections you should go into them knowing that they are one of the most safest procedures for both mum and bubs which should give you peace of mind. Maybe seeing the operating theatre might freak out some people. Watch a bit of One Born Every Minute to get you in the mood!
    Plus I know doing ivf is not the same but having had so many procedures and seeing the inside of those operating theatres I kind of feel quite comfortable in that clinical environment now. It became almost like a second home! Never thought I'd feel that way!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Team panda - moxa is a herb that is burnt on specific acupuncture points with the idea to warm the point and stimulate energy in the body. I think with turning babies - the idea is that it stimulates babies movement and energies and encourages them to turn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They can keep their vouchers and nappies! I am staying til they kick me out!! LOL!

I know some people will disapprove but I am going to be putting baby in the nursery every night I am in the hospital. At north shore private they are excellent, and you feed bub and take to the nursery and they will settle bub etc then call you to come collect when bubs is due for a feed, which is typically 3 hrs later from memory or when bub wakes up . It just means I can get some solid sleep while recovering and will be in a much stronger position to face life at home! I did this with DS as I struggled to settle him whereas the midwifes in the nursery could do it in 5 mins flat. Seems better for him to be sleeping rather than crying half the night as I bumble my way through!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (09-03-2014),Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover I want to do the same! My mum said she did that with all of us and it was fantastic. I hope my hospital allows it, someone told me they don't encourage it anymore.
    Nirok - I see, my acupuncturist said she'd give me something to take home which must be the Moxa. Funny because it sounds more like a medicine than a herb.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ill warn you moxa smells very much like a certain form of "grass", and is very smoky, so best to do it outside where possible.

Feeling so nauseous and tired lately, so ready to be done even though we aren't completely organized lol.

Hospital bags are pretty much packed and ready to go.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Team panda my hospital doesn't suggest it but it is available if you want to. All my friends who had their babies there didn't realise until part way through with bub 1 and have then done it every night with bub 2!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (09-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At our hospital which is pvt bub sleeps in your room unless you need sleep then you can use the nursery. They also keep you in for 4-7 days as they like to keep you past the 3day blues /hormone surge day an so they know your milk in through if BF. We are planning to stay for 4 ATM.

If hubby wasn't staying if be out of there ASAP but he will as I can't sleep if he isn't next to me normally so really hope I don't have to have a c-section as they won't let hubby sleep in same bed he has to take the pull out .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anybody found their bub being over active when they tried to relax? Junior started this morning and wouldn't stop squirming around so I gave up trying to sit or lie but got really restless but couldn't find something I'd be able to do that I was happy with ... Ended up going out in the garden and trimming the hedges - that sorted him out and have been able to chill this arvo which isn't just good for me I was driving hubby insane - we moved a fish tank and did a lot yesterday so today we were supposed to chill before we have to do stuff in the backyard in prep for our spa that hopefully will finally get building approval through in next few week now that our request to build over the easement was finally approved!