Closed Thread
Page 33 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We didn't end up going to the physiotherapy class by the time we had both got home and ready it was too late, note to self need to make better diary entries hopefully I will forget and miss the birth and just have him in my arms!!! going to the antenatal workshop next weekend so will find out if I can get information or re book for the physiotherapy....We are private at the Matar as well and I've not heard about choosing a pead although I have only had the telephone interview with the midwife at this stage.

Having a very hormonal day today feel really teary....other than this is all I good my GD is under control my blood testing not even coming close to borderline numbers so really happy. I have to say I am loving going into the 3rd trimester I have started to enjoy being pregnant other than all the aches/pains and lack of flexibility!!! Wish I was feeling more movement from bub though he seems so laid back like his dad.

I am so over work its like the slowest countdown ever!!!! I feel like my brain and motivation have just switched off

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KJ - won't it be lovely to miss the birth and have bubs in our arms magically !

Octoberbaby - you are right it's what's works best for us in the end in terms of bubs sleeping arrangements. Some are comfortable with bubs in room and some are comfortable with bubs in their room. Regardless where they sleep we will have to endure the joys of waking up every 2 hours for their feeds and nappy changes !! Be it a freezing night or in a heat wave. The joys of motherhood - bring it on - I love it!!

My situation was a bit exacerbated with dd that I cldnt walk too much for two weeks (with stitches up my bum!) and man those winter nights were bloody freezing in US (where I had dd/ds), I didn't enjoy getting out under the mink blanket ! And bubs would stir every two hours like an alarm clock!! I cldnt bf so this is what I did after giving up hobbling to the kitchen. I had 1 thermos filled with hot boiled water and one thermos with room temp boiled water, measuring cup, spoon and formula all next to my bedside ready for the feed and just rinse up in the vanity! And back under the blanket. It's so cute and a bit frustrating while you feeding bubs and they start falling asleep and you have gently shake the teat in their mouth! And the worse one is when they finish and knocked out and you are trying to rub out a burb from a very sleep bub! Now hold your breath lay bubs down and hope they sleep peaceful and not let out a cry as soon as you get comfy under your doona!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha Ann - you are bringing back suppressed memories of night feeding!! I knew I got up a lot but the details have completely fogged out!!

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey ladies... Will have more time to catch up in the coming week being that I have now officially finished work!!! Yay!!!

So very uncomfortable now and so ready to have bubs here. 36 weeks Monday and about a week of prep left til we are actually ready for its arrival :-)

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (07-03-2014),Orchids  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for finishing work Veritas. Lets hope you get some rnr before bubba arrives.

I have been complaining a little to my DH about sleeping. But after reading Ann and Bedlover posts, I probably getting so much sleep now. Not to sure how I will go with sleep deprivation, I get very cranky when I am tired. Poor DH.

I am hormonal as well KJ, I can cry at the slightest thing. I'm feeling lots of movement now and had to laugh. I was getting kicked in the ribs today and pushed on my tummy and bub pushed back. Mouthing off already! I'm hearing you on the motivation, so wishing it was home time. At least it is Friday and we are one week closer to public holidays and mat leave.

Hope your feeling ok Annerley, and resting up on your sickie. I went home from work yesterday. Just felt really yuk and like I could spew, but didn't. I wonder if it was from the GTT the day before?

Thats a high tech camera unit Jay. I often think it would be great to have CCTV on my dogs and be able to talk to them when I am at work and they are being naughty and digging in my garden.

Better do some work, before it is home time. Have a great weekend ladies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had so much trouble keeping motivated during the last few weeks or so of work. The only thing I actually felt enthusiastic about was prepping files and notes for my replacement while I'm on leave!

I actually can't believe I've already been on leave for 2 weeks already. I was so keen in the first week to get everything done, but this week I've just done a little bit of something each day and spent most of the time resting and reading.

Whichever way I end up delivering this bub will be out by 39 weeks, so I really am enjoying my last few weeks of sleeping in and choosing what I want to do and when

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Veritas and Arlais - you girls are soooo close! It's unbelievable and exciting !

Bedlover - (and everyone else reading this!) let me remind you love - its every 2 hrs for a feed like clockwork ! And once you have just settled back under your doona, you go what's that awful smell? Aaarrrrggghhhhh its the smell of love in a very heavy nappy ! Get up again - now 1.5 hrs left til the next feed!

Yes ABH not getting much sleep but this is the best it's goin to get so enjoy it while you can !

AFM I have been very well behaved when it comes to crying but I just had one ! And iam mad as with Dh for no reason! My pubic bone really hurts so iam mad with him, poor guy massaged it for a bit!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

ABH  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley at our antenatal class our midwife told us we should do half our feed (one boob or half a bottle) then change bub (wakes them up a little) then do other half of feed so you can then put them down fully fed and know they have a fresh one. I know this doesn't always go to plan but it's what well try as a feeding routine.
    Oh & hubby asked if they have a dirty or wet nappy before you start do you still do half feed before nappy & she said yes.
    Last edited by Jay11; 07-03-2014 at 23:19.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (08-03-2014),Arlais  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay, Sunday and Monday I intend to chill too.. Today I've got lunch with a couple of old school friends.. One who is booked in for a c-section 3 weeks after my Bubs is due We'll be comparing bellies today Tonight out for dinner with family.. Enjoy your long weekend!

I had my teary week last week.. But this week I've been tear free.. Well, except when I watched an episode of one born every minute last night and every time a baby was born I burst into tears..lol

Yay to finishing work Veritas.. Enjoy the time to put your feet up..

ABH I'm the same.. I haven't been sleeping well and complain how tired I am.. The 2 hourly feeds will be interesting cause I'm pretty feral when I don't get enough sleep.. Lol God help DH..

32 weeks and counting.. I'm getting really tired now.. Loved laying in bed last night watching Bubs moving about.. Looked like there was an alien in there trying to come out!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1394233786.182823.jpg
    Really quick excited me post, finally got started on our nursery talking about the teary posts, I stood back and cried happy tears, such a beautiful moment shared with dh.

I hope everyone's going well, between heartburn, calf cramps in the middle of the night & swollen sore feet at 32weeks alls well! wouldn't want it any other way - feel totally blessed and loving watching bub trying to escape out of my tummy at night lol

Have a great weekend everyone xx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeannie1 For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (08-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (08-03-2014)