Closed Thread
Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, enjoy your week back in Brisbane. My monitor was from baby bunting but sale ended in February. I think my baby warehouse still have the same deal. Happy Shopping.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

ann17  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Hampton and Ann. It was just mentioned in conversation with a colleague who's baby was born last week (we have the same Ob). I just assumed you got whoever was on duty but after talking to all my friends (We work at the Mater and we all have our babies there haha) the all chose someone prior. I'm really not fussed as I personally feel that if women can deliver in the public system without one then it's not entirely necessary.

The only communication I've had with the midwives is my phone interview and it was never mentioned and there's no mention of it in any paper work I've received. I was wondering if it's someone I missed out on discussing because I didn't go to ante natal classes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ann, I got my monitor at the toys r us sale. It's finished now though sorry. Yeah we aim to have bubba sleeping in our room for 6-12 months as per SIDS recommendations.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got me some more JEGGINGS today whoop whoop they are sooooo comfy and Target seemed to have I great range of colours like the blue I got last time, black, purple, hot pink and pink! I got another blue and two black in XL for now and a L black & blue for after I loose a little baby padding on my thighs! Did I mention how comfy they are

Attachment 51152

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had every intention of having DS sleep in our room for a while but honestly, babies are such noisy sleepers! We lasted about 2 nights before putting him in his own room as we just could not sleep! His room was right next to us so it wasn't really a drama to get up and also he was a pretty good sleeper and only really woke for feeds. I think too when they are in your room they don't always learn to self settle as you pretty much wake to every sound. But like all things babies, we all have to do what works best for us and what we can live with. I imagine this baby will go straight into his/her room.

Kj, I really enjoyed my antenstal physio class and found it really, really helpful.

I had my DS at Sunnybank and was given the paed's number to make a 6 week check up app. We just got the guy who was working that day but I really liked him. This pregnancy I was asked if I already had one so I have requested him again but not 100% sure if we'll get him or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad your GD is under control KJ. Well done on following the healthy diet. I seem to only enjoy all the bad things to eat at the moment. Ah well the fat just melts away when you have the baby right?
    Ann I have the angelcare as well. A friend recommended it. Enjoy your week in Brissie. It sounds like you are packing a lot into that week.
    Lucky you Panda last day at work. Only a week away for me and I can't wait.
    Glad you could go back to work Ngaiz. All the extra cash helps at the moment doesn't it? I just got a teeny tiny pay increase but better than nothing.
    I am ok about the birth KJ. I mean I'm scared but am just trying to go with the flow which is funny cause I'm such a control freak. I have also asked people to stop sharing horror birth stories as well. It's helping. And what a stupid thing to say to a pregnant lady I mean really?!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

ann17  (07-03-2014),Team panda  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Friday Ladies

Love the photo Riss.. Our little one is similar but head down with feel near it's head and back curved near my belly button... They are so flexible!!! I guess it gets squishy in there!

I got the angelcare monitor with video but no pads.. My cousin told me his pads kept going off.. And then we saw it was over $100 more to get that one so we chose not too get it.. Bubs will be sleeping in our bedroom next to me..

All went well at my OB appointment thanks October.. I'll have another scan at 36 weeks to check how Bubs is tracking size wise.. At this rate I'll have an 8-9 pounder! Ouch!!

Long weekend in Melbourne.. Yay!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (07-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ - any plans for the long weekend we just plan to chill.

Riss -that is the funniest position scan pic I've ever seen grins so glad your pretzel is doing well

KJ - did you go to your class sorry I was too late to post but I too found it useful as at my Physio class I found out my abs had already started to separate so was able to be aware of making sure I don't make it worse from there in.

Worse pain last night - had a glute cramp and went to adjust possie only to get a Braxton at the same time omg it pulled my glute cramp tighter and my back muscle started cramping too and I had to wait in an awkward position for it to release so I could move again felt like someone was zapping me with a taser (trust me I know how that feels as was conned into being part of a demo years ago and you never forget it still cringe at the sound when I hear it on tv can't watch it either)!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Camera - we went for a camera we could use elsewhere after bub and so we could see bub when one or both of us are away from house at a function or hubby for work. So went a D-Link camera (just found kind the one we ordered is now discontinued so having to change our order DOH) anyway the one well get will have:
    infra red / night vision capabity, always records to our computer drive, has sound, pan & tilt plus can be viewed from our iPhones or iPads through our security camera apps
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Jay11; 07-03-2014 at 12:47.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one here who has bought an angelcare monitor with the sensor pads. my MIL told DH the other night that she wants to give us the money for it as my baby shower present, very lucky there!

Sorry for the lack of personals ladies, I'm at home sick from work today and was also off yesterday. I feel like it's given me a taste of mat leave and I can't believe after all the counting down to finish work, I actually said to mum yesterday, that maybe going to work isn't so bad after all since I'm so bored at home. Even though I'm not well, I've been trying to get some things done to keep myself from going insane but I know it will be different being at home when baby arrives, as that will keep me busy enough and at least I won't be feeling unwell and cooped up in the house whilst on mat leave either, which will make things better. I feel at least having these couple of days off work will get me through at least the next couple of weeks at work anyway!

Besides that I have booked a dentist appointment, as well as my GTT test for 2weeks time (I only have a referral for the one hr test) and I have received an email about our antenatal classes, which won't be until I'm 36 and 37 weeks along. I contacted the hospital, who assured me that this would be fine so we'll see!

Anyway I hope everyone is going well and those off work are enjoying their leave. I can't believe how close some of you are to the end and all this talk of labour and BH!!
    Have a great weekend all!