Closed Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bedlover- I think I might have to give hypnobirthing or hypnotherapy a go. Been having scary dreams too. It might help me relax.

I was wondering if you help me girls. Cast your minds back to 23 weeks and let me know if you ever felt bubs really super low like just above the hair line. He seems to get in that position sometimes but tonight it's feeling uncomfortable like he's going to kick through my cervix. At 20 weeks bubs was laying along my tummy so maybe it's an arm punching me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss78 - It's only been in last few 3-4 weeks that bellybean has felt up higher in my abdomen. From the first time I felt movement until then was always down very low

I'm 35weeks tomorrow and I feel like my belly is going to burst!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 31.5 weeks and still getting kicks way down low. Am carrying this bub very low though - totally different to DS.

Those kicks to the cervix are an interesting experience!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Abh-good luck with that GTT!

Riss-my bub has been sitting on my cervix since before 20 weeks and the bigger it gets the more pressure I'm experiencing. I've considered getting a belt support to lift it a bit. All of my movement is kicks back into my rectum which is really awkward, haha. Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

Kj-well done on managing your GD with diet alone. 

October-despite feeling great, my only complaint is hip/pelvic pain.

I'm surprisingly calm about the whole birth process, I'm usually a control freak but I'm at ease knowing that at the end of the day it's out of our control. I have researched all of my options so I can make informed decisions and I trust my Ob to look after both of us.

I haven't had any terrible dreams about birth but I have had a couple of really sad ones where bub has died from SIDS. 

My scan last week showed that bubs rapid growth has slowed and gone from 77th to just under 50th centile which is good for me if s/he turns.

Ob cleared me for work so I'm going back tomorrow and pretty much only have four weeks left. Puts my mind at ease a bit knowing my income is still coming in for a few more weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies just wondering what type of baby monitor are you getting or have gotten and why. I have been having a look at not sure which one to get.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, haven't posted in a while but have been reading checking in from time to time reading whats been going on. Hope everyone is doing well

We just finished a calmbirth course and its made me so much more relaxed and confident about approaching the birth, particularly trying for drug free. DH learnt heaps too. Was such an eye opener for both of us. I honestly can't recommend it enough!! Even if you plan to have a c-section or that ends up happening, the skills you learn can be applied in a variety of situations. I'm so glad I came across calmbirth while reading another thread as had no idea what it was beforehand.

Had midwife appointment today and bub is head down and unlikely to turn which is great. Approaching 33w this weekend and can't wait to finish up at work!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you girls for getting back to me so quickly and easing my mind. I was measuring 28 weeks at my last appointment so I was hoping bubs would move around higher but I guess it likes hang low. I might be more sensitive down there due to the stitch.

Ngaiz- that's great you have been given the all clear to go back to work. Hopefully the next four weeks fly by for you. In that time I hope bubs turns. It seems really common for babies to be breech. I guess i don't blame them, I wouldn't like to stand on my head for weeks on end too. Hehe

KJ - that's awesome you were able to get within healthy range with healthy eating. It's amazing what diet can do. Well done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery- I can actually answer that question as a monitor is the only thing I've bought so far!
    I got the oricom babysense2 with secure 710 video monitoring. I noticed it was on sale for $100 less than normal and had really good reviews such as no false alarms with the sensor mats so I snapped it up. For us we just wanted peace of mind with the sensors but I have friends who just had the video monitors and were fine with it.
    It's like anything baby related, there is so much out there it's just gets too confusing at times.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've just got a basic sound only monitor. Bub will be in our room for quite a while to start with so didn't really feel the need to get one with sensors, etc. I can certainly understand why some parents would choose to though

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery - I got the Angel Care Monitor with sensors and video. Figure I can keep a good eye on bubs then when I am in the garden or cleaning the pool. Also I plan to have bubs in his cot and room from day 1, so will be good to keep an eye on him without having to hover. Also my DH works away so will be just me some nights. Friends had also recommended it and was also on sale $100 off.

Thanks Ngaiz, just waiting for GTT results now, have an OB appointment on Tuesday.

Also have antenatal class on Saturday. I'm sure it will be interesting!

Really don't feel like being at work today, tempted to say I feel sick and go home. Will see how I feel mid morning. Just feeling tired and a bit blur.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (06-03-2014)