Closed Thread
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear you are having such a terrible time Amps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann-welcome to the thread. Yes I think you need to start enjoying the pregnancy now as time flies and before you know it the baby will be here! Enjoy rubbing that bump and feeling those kicks. Do you know what you are having yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_0406.jpgIMG_0403.jpgIMG_0404.jpg
    Babies Wall .jpg

Amps - Take care hope all is ok?

Berra - I love it aye so beautiful. We also got the matching Boori Drawers as well, however still waiting for them to arrive at the shop.

I just put my cot together yesterday. Here is a pic of my nursery so far. Once I have the Drawers it wont look as messy. I've gone with an Owl theme, actually I think I am now obsessed with Owls hahahahaha. I am also going to put up this wall decal this week sometime, just cant decide which wall to put it on yet LOL

Tiger - Love your bump

Bedlover - that sounds out of it, mine hasnt had a spaz, but she always is getting the hiccups LOL

Hampton - YAY for the single digits! it so horrible when its hot and you cant sleep I feel for ya!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow everyone is doing so well with the nurseries. Loving the fish and owl themes. Lots of bright happy colours for bubs to enjoy.

My baby had that weird shake thing this weekend too so very glad that others have been there done that as I would have freaked out.
    Awesome that some of us are in single digits now. I guess everyone is on the countdown now.
    Welcome Ann. I understand your hesitancy in celebrating too early but you can probably take a nice deep breathe now and enjoy your miracle. Congratulations.

Just wanted to point out that for those of you using disposable nappies, Coles in Victoria has Huggies newborn 108 pack on sale for $29. Not too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ann good t see you on the thread...yeah!!

Loving the bump picture.... I will put on up once I work out how to do it.

All the nurseries look amazing, me and DH went looking at the weekend we have our hearts set on the Boori range too they are just so nice really like the cots which convert into a double bed because means if our little one need help sleeping one of us can lay next him. We are going to see if we can find cheap or any deals on the internet first before buying but I am so excited!!!!

The weekend was hot and my feet and ankles are really swollen now, also my hands and wrists my watch wont fit probably I am getting abit concerned about the excess swelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies - good to see everyone going pretty well, apart from our poor Amps - hope you're feeling better

Big welcome to ann!! So glad you could join us. I was around the point you're at now when I finally felt I could relax a little and start to enjoy my pregnancy. The best thing I can tell you is to make little milestones for yourself and bub. You've been through such a lot to get to this far, but it sounds like you have a fantastic support system around you! Please let me know your due date, what team you're on (blue, pink or surprise) and any scans, etc that you've got coming up so I can add you to the roll call

AFM - had a really lovely weekend. Double date dinner with some friends for V day, Saturday night we had a picnic under the stars at Opera in the Park, then spent most of Sunday doing more painting in the nursery. Spotlight had a special on blinds and curtains so we managed to get some venetians for the baby's room for just $10! Hoping to get DH to finish his bit of painting during the week and furniture set up so I can share some photos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies thank you so much for the big warm welcome. Feels really good to just relax and talk to girls who are going through the same thing and changes !

Jay - looking at your sig 10 cycles I don't know how you did that!! I guess we all have a little story with big struggle to tell! But only good things now! I see we have the same due date! But OB did say he will deliver bub at 38 due to my high bp so my date will change. Love the way even your change stations good to go!

Arlais- so current edd 24/04 team surprise and my next scan is around 12/03, the wellness scan and will be doing glucose challenge, iam almost 27 weeks. So will be a bit late for my test. But iam actually flying in with DH for that week only for my Ob check up. Looking forward to do baby shopping then, all the ladies here have me envious!

tigger - nice big bump! My bump isn't too big but I think bub is hiding in my bum!!

lotsathought- your belly pic made me giggle - its funny how its sticking out on one side, I have the same thing on the same side but not so pronounced.

Gosh the nurseries look great! I admire how you ladies have got ur hands stuck into it. I feel so heavy just walking around!

KJ - it happened again ! Wrote you a reply and got 'cut'on my iPhone ! But no I haven't really thought about the pram - last time I looked during xmas there were so many it was over whelming! But we definitely have to hone down when we there in March plus the baby capsule.

Ladies - I don't know if this topic has done the rounds here already - but has everyone got their prams or decided, if so , what did you go for? I can't believe how expensive it is here in Aust! Dd and Ds were both born in US and baby things were cheap and spoilt for choices! But I want everything Aust safety standard as its easier when we Aust.

Once again thank you everyone for your nice words! And welcoming me!
    Last edited by ann17; 17-02-2014 at 15:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, thank you all for your kind words of support, just what I needed. I have had a rough couple of days and reading your posts has helped perk me up.

Welcome ann17 - we have talked about prams already but am happy to share again. Steelcraft Strider and Agile are very popular where I live. We chose the Agile and capsule based on price, weight and compactness, after playing with one in store. Couldn't find the problems some people say on the reviews so are happy with our choice.

afm - well hospital was awful, sent me home after several hours still with migraine. thank heavens its gone now. Saw gp today because my bp was up yesterday and my hands and feet are swollen. Bp was up again today, she said any higher and they may need to do something. I had glucose in my wee test, reading came back as 7.5, so have to keep that in mind. It was decided that I won't be going back to work . I have already spoken to my boss and he is fine with that. Too bad if he wasn't.
    I thought it was too good to be true when I said my mother seems to have backed off. She is trying to get the sex and due date from me. Not going to happen. She is also trying to tell me what I should pack and how I should be feeling now . She drives me crazy!! I'm scared I'm going to say something that will cause a rift. How do I tell her it's really none of her business??? Dh and I are the parents. She's even trying in her oh so subtle way that she has a say in everything just because she is the grandmother. I'm sorry but "so what?!" I don't want her at the hospital for the birth and I don't want her to stay with us after bellybean arrives. I don't think she has accepted my decision on this and is trying to find a way to get around me. She's done it before. I can already here the lecturing "you should do this, you have to do that, don't do it that way, you don't know what your doing, you've never been a mother before, I've forgotten more about raising babies than you'll ever know......" These are all things she's actually said to and about my cousins and friends, believe me she is much more critical of anything I do or don't do. Sorry to vent, again, but I couldn't handle her telling me today that my doctors visit today was just normal for all pregnant ladies and was nothing to even think about. My revenge was to not tell her I've stopped work now, naughty I know but it made me feel good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps did the hospital administer any sort of pain killer via IV? I take 2 Mersyndol Forte now but it does knock me out. If i take right on the onset i could get away with one, however I have read somewhere about taking these strong pain killers bringing in labour in third trimester so will talk to OB. I wld rather take that then get the horrible migraine and raise my bp. I remember at first I was so hesitant but now while I avoid it as much as I can i do take it if need be.

Hope you feel a 100% soon.

Yes I have seem the Steelcraft one online - looks goo, I will definitely check it out in the stores. Did you get it online or on store?
    Last edited by ann17; 17-02-2014 at 19:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ann17 - I was given morphine by the ambos, 2 bags of fluid, iv panadol and lidocaine up the nostrils at the hospital. I have tried most drugs for migraines and haven't found one that works. They were surprised that bellybean kept moving, didn't seem to get sleepy from the morphine. My ob is fine with the morphine as the benefits outway the risks in my circumstance.

kerikiwi - I love your wall decals, looked at those myself. Have put up a few cheap ones but am thinking I will change when bellybean is nearly walking. Everyone is doing such a great job on their nurseries.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (18-02-2014)