Closed Thread
Page 29 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sitting waiting @ patholgy. Doing my glucose tolerance test. Bored and hungry.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby how did you go at the scan? My OB appointments are fortnightly and she has a little scan machine which isn't great but you can see Bubs and the heartbeat. Does your OB have one? I've found after my 30 week scan came back perfect I feel so much more relaxed about things..

Ann I've had something similar and wondered if it was BH too... Looks like it is from what everyone is saying Ann I'm with you and have 'quiet breasts' too! Lol.. I was in the shower last night squeezing and nothing.. My girlfriend started leaking at 26 weeks and I'm now 31.5 weeks ... In the end she didn't even breastfeed.. She had little milk and regrets now giving up too early. Ouch, that sounds painful Ann. When do you see your OB next?

Arlais yeah I would try acupuncture like Veritas said.. It's worth a go and less invasive...

Off to my OB appointment now.. Let's see what she says about my big bubba xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ann I went through this a few weeks ago with DH. Got him to check me out as well. Also worried he would find me unsexy later on. AnywY he can be very clinical and likes all that medical stuff. He found swelling, some burst blisters and some other lumpy things about to become blisters. Had ob look last week and he said it's quite normal. Due to the sweating and the heat we have had. He was absolutely adamant that they were not to be burst what so ever. The thing is now for the last few days there has been a bit of itchiness down there. It's soooo annoying. I just want to scratch and have to restrain myself. The pelvic instability pain plus those little sores combined is what has put me in pain and made me unable to walk like a normal human being.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan was all good JJ My Ob doesn't have a scan machine just listens to the heartbeat with the doppler - which is all the reassurance I need. I've got one more fortnightly apt then weekly. Just counting, counting down...... What did you Ob say today JJ?

I haven't had any leaking but I have had major pelvic and back pain and lots of difficulty walking.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014),JJTiger  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    the threads moved lots since I last posted I have been reading and trying to keep up. I don't have leaking yet I'm 26 wks now. I still feel abit unsteady about the breast feeding and whether I will beable to handle to it.

I had my 26week growth scan yesterday and baby is doing good his head is big though (just like his dads) made me very scared of the birth I hope it slows down! had my diabetes meeting this morning and it went well, I started a diet from the Australian Diabetes website last week and I have lost 2kilos. Started testing my bloods today and I am already within the normal range so happy just hope It stays this way.

I don't know about anyone else but I think for the past week now every day I have said to my DH I am so scared of the birth, it seems to be coming more real the nearer to our due date we are.....I am Terrified

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ - I think we all deep down have some fear of giving birth to our bundle of joy whether it's VB or c-section as it's such an unknown and out of our control. I try to focus more on the bundle on the other side and not expecting anything to go to any set plan. Watching lots of shows like Deliver Me, one born Every Minute etc helps me see lots of different woman go through lots of different births but it's the joy of seeing their baby that is all that counts in the end is the bit I'm concentrating on and the rest I'll just have to roll with.

So glad to hear most of you gave had good news from OB appts.
    Arlias hope whatever you choose gets that bundle turned and no problems so you get to your 39week mark!

Hope those with pain issues find resolutions for me my Physio & osteo appts today were sooo needed for my pre-pregnancy conditions as they were giving me hell yesterday and last night it was so warm here in Melbs that I was uncomfortable & irritable.
    For hips & back - My wedge under my hip to rib area when lying on side & preg pillow under belly to support it has been my lifesaver. Still get odd butt cramp but nothing like first tri pain.

Ok so OB appt all good!!!! GTT I was low but still in healthy bracket, iron & bloods good, belly /uterus measured at 28cm =28weeks so perfect as 27.4weeks gestation, HB 121 and placenta doing its thing with plenty of fluid, bubs head is down even though he has plenty of room still so not a biggy ATM even if he turns or wasn't. So on a high now!!
    Last edited by Jay11; 05-03-2014 at 16:47.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014),Arlais  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra just asked a midwife about milking prior and she doesn't recommend it as it causes your body to produce oxytocin which can bring on labour - she said if you really want to she wouldn't recommend it before 37weeks!! She said the colostrum isn't lost as your body will produce more after the birth.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jay I know how you feel about not sleeping last night! It was so warm and couldn't find any position that's comfortable. So glad that all went well with your OB appointment. I'd be on a high too!

All your talk about leaking breasts have made me have a look at mine. Nothing happening which is fine because it's still early. I have to agree with what Jay's midwife said about not touching them. Everything I've read and been told is that stimulation can bring on preterm labour.

AFM: I'm having a scan tomorrow to check my cervix. I'm nervous and hope all is stable. So many of you ladies are nearing the finish line. I'm still setting myself small goals- 24 weeks then the magic milestone of 28 weeks.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KJ with my first pregnancy I started having horrific nightmares about birth from about 20 weeks. I did a hypnobirthing course at about 24 weeks and it completely put my mind at ease and the nightmares stopped.

It just helped me to feel more informed, more in control of what might happen and empowered to make whatever decisions I / we would need to make during labour.

As it turned out we had a c section but the course also helped us to navigate that with a calm and informed approach.

Couldn't recommend it more highly if you are stressed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so you reminded me of my dream last night - went to hospital in labour and expected to have a boy but it was twin girls - and it wasn't this birth as Junior was there to greet his brother that became sisters haha