Closed Thread
Page 28 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Arlais - so much to take in, I really hope you not feeling over whelmed. Pardon ignorance so is it that OB will try to turn bubs for a preferred possible vag delivery?

Ok girls I see iam missing out on the fun of crusty breasts ouch! Even in the past after delivery I wld barely get my tshirt wet, I wld be lucky if I had two wet dots ! But milk was plenty! I just don't seem to have enough pores, so for me it will will be drying if out immediately. I feel bad thinking of all the yummy colostrum bubs will miss out on.

Amps yay 4 weeks only !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies - yes feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment but shopping for maternity bras afterwards did cheer me up a bit

Ann, yes manually turning bub is to prep for a vaginal delivery. There are risks involved, but I'm reassured by the amount of monitoring that will be happening. Also at 37 weeks bubs are considered full term, so if a problem is suspected then she's coming out straight away, rather than risk any further baking time.

I've also had the itchy nipples and crusty bits! Might sound unusual, but DH gently licking and sucking them brings a lot of relief lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BerraBrooder...... try a chiro.
    I have been in excruciating symphis pubis pain since 12 weeks. I tried a whole number of different physios, legs together in and out of the car/bed/lounge/stairs, pelvic support belt, pillow between the knees while sleeping - and yet the pain continued unbearably most days, I never slept more than an hour at a time and I limped everywhere.
    I finally saw a chiro about 3 weeks ago because i was at my wits end. She is trained in antenatal care, uses a belly support pillow thing and a collapsing type table so it's all actually very gentle. But OMG - I now actually have days with next to no pain!!!!!

Highly highly recommend giving a one a go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais tmi but very funny made me smile ! I thought I was weird asking Dh to itch my nipples in 1st trimester. Even weirder was when he thought he'd help out by offering to check if there was any milk there! Makes me feel good iam not the only one!

speaking of tmi girls, I need to do a little myself as I certainly can't tell the lady down the street ! Ok so I did mention that I was pretty sore down there like someone kicked me which I guess is pretty much normal to feel. But I also have this pinching and pulling pain and i seriously can't walk or stand up for too long. If I can't find a handy seat then I lean over table, banister and rest on my elbows. So Dr Dh offered to inspect (which I prudishly refused telling him I still want him to find me sexy post birth and yes he did remind me that he will be seeing alot more during birth !). Anyway, by Sunday I was cupping myself and rolling in bed in tears. Dr Dh decided it was intervention time (the funny thing is he is actually a Dr - just not in the medical field!). Whilst iam swollen all over down there, he discovered a huge inflamed vulva, like a balloon hanging -exactly where I have the pinching and pulling pain and where it hurts me most. I go great cant help myself but think of the the thing hanging of a turkeys neck! He looked at me feeling very sorry. Now that explains why I can't walk too much ! So i can't wait for my OBs appt to show and tell and find me a remedy - which iam guessing is plenty of rest as I am sure there's no pill or cream to fix it up. Dh did give me a cold pack to stick it in to try and reduce the swelling. So I guess it's just me . Gobbledock...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Its not just you ann, I'm very swollen/buldging down there too, although I'm not in any discomfort. Ob took swabs to ensure there was no infection which came back clear and there hasn't been any further discussion about it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch that sounds so painful! Could it be varicose veins? A lady I used to work with ended up with one down there and described something similar.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow I cannot believe how close some of you ladies are to seeing your babies. I feel like I have forever to go. I'm 24 weeks exactly today

Saw OBs yesterday for the first time in 3 months. Apparently I have a Low lying placenta from my 19 1/2scan but obs did a scan and it looks like it might have moved up but he said will send me for another scan at 30 weeks.

Have to book GTT in sometime in the next 2-3 weeks and we will be can pick up our keys to our new house in 21 days

i cannot comment on breast heaviness as I already had massive boobs but can say skin has been itchy but nipples ok.

Have had on/off back aches for the past 4 days Sunday was a killer though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jay really want to breast feed and hoping that this is a good sign- in pretty keen to start harvesting just in case

Arlais- it's good to hear that they will closely monitor- take care- I'm sure everything will be ok.

Ann- I don't know if this is the same but I get very swollen labia every now and again when I have my period. Can be truly excruciating. I can't use pads because they seem make it worse. I thought for a while that maybe I was allergic to them. After I switched to a menstral cup it still happened, apparently it is just due to hormones! The pads just made it worse from rubbing. I go ice, and actually started using a hemorrhoid cream on the very outside to reduce inflammation. Did work- but not sure if pregnancy safe!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Arlais, I don't think I'll bother with manual turning. After 3 days in hospital I came to terms with the fact I may not get a VB.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (04-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Arlais - can I suggest that before you try ecv that you give an acupuncturist a try?? They have great success rates at turning breech bubs and much less invasive. You'll be given some homework and points to burn moxa on. A lot of midwives are now being trained in the practice too.

Also have a look at the spinning babies website!

My evenings have fast become a field day of ever increasing tightenings, both in frequency and intensity. Nice to now preparation is happening even if it is uncomfortable. This evening I thought bubs was gonna explode through the front wall of my public bone there was that much pressure.

We did belly casts tonight!!! So amazing :-)

Hope all are well, will try and catch up on personals tomorrow.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-03-2014)