Page 27 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4weeks to go today until c-section

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I have only over last week though Ann.
    I am getting... on my nipples these days which ....TMI alert* ....if I don't clear out the crusty bit hurts and gets itchy .. I know it's the start of my collostrum but it looks like puss if I squeeze the nipple very gross I think!

My OB appt is tomorrow & he should have my GTT results :/ (which receptionist said were more on low side) so no GD but he will apparently talk to me about them. I find this weird as I watch what I eat to avoid being like my gran (bounced between insulin and tablets to control), mother (told if she didn't loose weight was likely to need insulin like my gran) & my uncle who unlike his mum and sister hasn't had weight probs but after gran passed was diagnosed with type 2 and then later diagnosed with leukemia so figured it was the leukemia that trigger his. So now it looks like my body has gone the opposite. Weird! Well not worrying I'll talk to OB tomorrow & get the full scoop then.

I'm Melb now days Ann.
    Last edited by Jay11; 04-03-2014 at 15:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Jay your breast is at work ! I was actually thinking about this today - for some reason my breasts aren't as heavy, hot or itchy as it used to be ESP 1st trimester! And atm doesn't feel any milk in there! Anyone else with a "quiet" breast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha Jay I've had it for ages, but I think it's pretty cool. I really want to breast feed so I'm hoping it's a sign that I won't have any difficulty doing so. If wasa bit of a novelty when it started weeks ago and I would stand in the shower pressing on my nipples just to see it. I agree though, when it dries and gets crusty it gets very itchy.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 04-03-2014 at 18:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't say I haven't had a little squeeze Ngaiz as initially I was just stole to have boobs so was always checking them out but now the nipples have my attention more as I hope it's a good sign too as want to BF but also want to be able to express for my hubby to do feeds too hehe

Funny thing is Ann they aren't as heavy or hard as they were in 1st tri and finally seem to have stopped growing for now (as keeping up with them was becoming expensive). They haven't shrunk just relaxed Only 11 weeks left and our bubs are due still plenty of time for milk to come through but not many weekends left with hubby but at least we have labour day on Mon here in VIC and then it's Easter 18Apr the Anzac Day and then we'll be in May before we know it.
    Last edited by Jay11; 04-03-2014 at 18:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys I saw the physio today and pelvis is much better- the front is not lining up so bones are shearing against each other as I walk, but was able to realign. Was told to keep my legs together... Had to giggle

I think I've had BH, but totally freaked out the first time. I didn't feel any pain, was lying down when looked down at my belly to see it deflated on one size, and tight baby shape on other side. I could feel him and he felt all rock hard and not moving... So I freaked out completely!!! It slowly went back to normal and i googled it and found it was BH. I've had it happen a few more times but not as dramatically as that!!! But goes firm and I can clearly feel where the baby is.

Tmi guys- on the advice of a friend, I tried to 'milk' myself after my shower the other day to see if I was producing colostrum (I have an ante natal bf class, and a friend of mine has already gone so told me what to expect etc)... Well, it worked... Pretty weird! But in a way good as have noticed less/no irritating nipple gunk if I do this for 2 mins each morning. Apparently they encourage collecting the stuff and freezing just in case you are incapacitated after the birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra the first milk or collostrum is the best for bub too so if you can bottle it that would be great for bub as it's like concentrated goodness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got home from my Ob appt. Bub is still breech and Ob thinks it's unlikely she'll turn on her own now. Amniotic fluid has diminished - still ok but will need to be monitored weekly.

I will have to have another detailed scan in a couple of weeks to check the placenta is functioning fine and then my Ob will try turning bub manually. Bub will be monitored throughout and I'll be given an injection to relax the uterus. Afterwards bub has to be monitored for another hour or so to make sure the cord is clear. If they suspect the cord has knotted or wrapped then it will be straight in for a c-section to get bub out.

Overall Ob thinks there's a 70% chance I'll be having a caesarean. Basically any way this happens bub will be out by 39 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Arlias my head would be spinning if I was you right now hope your ok & are getting spoilt & heaps of cuddles! Hope bub is turned with ease and no problems!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys I am stalking you all from the IVF January/February/march group. Arlias just wanted to say don't panic about bub being breech. My little man was breech when I went in for my 32 week growth scan and OB was not expecting him to turn. After doing some research I was against having a manual turn done instead I worked with my chiropractor and spent a lot of time in the hydro pool and spa on my hands and knees. I had another scan at 35 weeks and baby is head down. I am being induced next week at 38 weeks as my boy is small and OB does not want him to over cook just in case the placenta is not working at 100%.

Anyway I wanted to wish you all luck. I am one of the last ones to become a mum in our other group and I never thought we would get there. Those who have just started mat leave enjoy the rest. I could not believe how knackered I was once I stopped working and I just had to go with it. I had a Huge list if things to do and haven't done most of them I am snow wondering if I will get them done at all.

Good luck mummas and I look forward to hearing about your safe arrivals

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jedihouse For This Useful Post:

ABH  (06-03-2014),Amps  (04-03-2014),Arlais  (04-03-2014),hwaterhouse  (05-03-2014),Jay11  (05-03-2014)