Closed Thread
Page 25 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JJ do you have any sick leave you can use so you aren't losing money but can rest? I am sure your GP would give you a Drs certificate for a few days at least, which will hopefully get you through those last few weeks. Maybe even do one day a week of sick leave?

As for me I think I have got suddenly HUGE. Everyone has been saying how small I am and then yesterday I suddenly became massive - like my baby was about to burst out of my tummy. So uncomfortable. It is like the baby bump starts at my back - it is full on and the stretching pain is full on. Hopefully bub has had a growth spurt and is no longer super small. 31 weeks today!! Only 7 weeks to go!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Bedlover JJ, if you can take some sick leave it would definitely take some pressure off you. The last few weeks I have found to be quite horrendous. I'm having really interrupted sleep and wake up as tired as I was when I went to bed My anxiety is flaring up again and I worry about whether bub is moving all the time. I know their movement becomes less towards the end because they have less room and my amniotic fluid is on the lower end of normal which restricts movement even more. I just can't get through the next 5.5 weeks quick enough. I know our life will be a bit hectic but the worry of it is all getting too much for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps, I'm exhausted just thinking about your menagerie!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-03-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually taking a sicky today cos of crazy tiredness! Hopefully finish up the end of this week rather than in two weeks now.

Only 5 weeks to go!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your nursery is looking great Ngaiz.

Rtkirk, your baby shower sounds lovely. I am not a fan of the belly grab either. But haven't had to put up with it much, which has been good.

Good luck with your last 5 weeks of work JJTiger. Yeah maybe see if you can have some sickies or maybe work some half days? Do you have income protection insurance that you can use once you have used you sickies?

I loved the comment about your WTF glare. I have one of those two. Well you certainly do have a lot of animals. Your bubba will love growing up with all those animals.

Wow 7 weeks to go Bedlover. How exciting!! Wow we really are getting done to the business end on this thread. Can't wait for the pics of Bubba's to start. Not so sure about the birth stories, trying not to think about that.

I hope you can get some RnR before the bubba arrives Octoberbaby.

Good on you for taking a sickie Veritas. Hopefully you will enjoy a day of rest.

Got a couple of second hand bargains on the weekend. A tummy time mat for $5 and a porta cot for $10. Just need to order the MCN and I am done. Had a DF baby shower yesterday, which was a really nice high tea. Had a huge sleep last night. We had no Foxtel or Internet, both were down so figured I may as well go to bed. This was more appealing than the vacuuming. Enjoy your Monday ladies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsa Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Sounds like a great time you had and buying a new pad !!! Congrats! I have been wanting to go to thd movies but DS said how are you going to climb all the way to the top snc what about toilet runs ! Which made me lose confidence :-(! Your DH gave you a lovely day!

Amps- I dont know how you do it!! Comes to my mind ! It is alot! I hope you have a farmhand or two.

Bedlove - I wonder if that's whats going to happen to me. My tummy is considerably small but I have had an increase in appetite so maybe like you one day I will feel massive !

JJ- like the girls here said can you take a few sickies at least. I t totally understand you wanting those extra days instead after bubs here. And I totally understand the tears! There has been a few this side as well! I really do admire you ladies still pushing yourself at work as its hard . I feel silly groaning and moaning with my aches and pains compared to you girls and I am atm not working.

Ngaiz love the nursery coming along and the wall decals so cute!

ABh - you're organised ! I remember us having a tx two days apart and here we are!!

Nice 3 d pics girls, keep it coming!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! Time is flying! I can't believe how quick this thread moves sometimes, but better write quick or ill never keep up

It's interesting how everyone feels about the belly touching. I'm pretty lucky I think as I've not had to deal with it very much, and I've never forced myself onto another lady either (not even my oldest best friend who will invite me to touch). the other day I was watching a friends video of their pregnancy announcement which resulted in nearly everyone rubbing her tummy at 8 weeks- I have to admit I was really surprised, it looked so awkward! Just looked like they were all feeling her up... And she looked quite uncomfortable, bit of a nervous giggle... But nobody noticed. It is strange that it is thought of as normal, but really it reminds me of how people think its ok to pet disabled adults on the head... That is a shocker!!!

As for births, I'd actually love some advice. I'm really scared about even having to discuss it with my midwife and ob. I've spent most of my life thinking I'd have to have a Caesarian- my mum did cause they decided her pelvis was too small and I'm a very similar build so I'm not afraid of cs. But I definitely feel the pull of having a vaginal birth- being able to hold my bubby straight away. When I think about the birth that is what I imagine and I get very emotional about it. What is concerning me however is that it is becoming apparent that the pelvic injuries I sustained in a car accident 3 years ago are causing a lot of problems. At 24 weeks I can't walk properly without a pelvic belt. My pelvis is already separating at the front and my sacral joint are really messed up. Im struggling and i dont think i have a low pain threshold or anything. I'm worried that a vaginal birth may leave me unable to look after and enjoy my baby- maybe worse than Caesarian. I guess I'm hoping for advice as I don't trust my midwife to not be dismissive and give me real advice. I think id like a vaginal birth but don't want to get so tied to that idea that I end up disabled after!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra I've always wanted a vaginal birth, but a caesarean might be necessary if bub stays breech so I've been reading positive experiences of c-sections and researching what happens afterwards with recovery. Feeling informed gives me a feeling of being in control which is comforting, even if it's not my first choice.

I haven't had anywhere near the pain you're experiencing (poor thing!) but when I reported to my Ob I was getting some awful tailbone pain a couple of months ago, she recommended I consider having a light epidural in early labour because it would be exacerbated by how the baby comes out. That way they can control your pain so you can concentrate on pushing when it's needed. That could be an option for you if you're set on trying a VB?

AFM - Get this baby out!! I'm really over it, feeling like I'm never going to feel human again. Had awful BH and backache for hours last night - almost to the point of going to hospital in case it was pre-labour. Got to about 5pm today and it all started again, though thankfully not quite as bad. I'm really hoping this isn't going to become a routine for the next few weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Amps that's a lot of work. Luckily you have your BIL to help out. It's such a wonderful environment to bring up the little one in.. They will love all those animals

Thanks Bedlover, Octoberbaby, ABH, Ann Yes I have about 25 sick days up my sleeve.. Monday is a public holiday and I've taken a day off after the baby shower.. So I might sneak in a couple sick days on the other 5 day weeks.. I think having that 1 day off a week, should help.

Bedlover I know what you mean.. I've been big for a while but have popped out so much more in the last couple weeks! Our little ones are fattening up!!

Octoberbaby I can't stop worrying when I don't feel Bubs too... I had a 30 week scan to check all ok as I was stressing so much.. My OB said she will do another one at 36 weeks.. Might be worth booking one in just for peace of mind?

Have a good day ladies xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (04-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gee it annoys me when sick people come to work! Especially when they have pregnant colleagues. How rude, the guy that sits near to me has had diarrhea all night and then comes to work. I have already told him to go home and if he spreads his germs look out. He is still sitting at his desk. Rant over...

JJTiger good to read you can take a few sickies and do some four day weeks.

Arlias I hope you feel better soon and get to enjoy your maternity leave.
    Last edited by ABH; 04-03-2014 at 07:41. Reason: Spellers

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (05-03-2014)