Closed Thread
Page 24 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wowser Lotsa what a birthday congrats to your hubby sounds perfect! And congrats to you both on your unit purchase where is it?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps I grew up with chooks and had a few pythons that my dad & I released further out in the bush with a very big belly grins they are so slow and dosile after a feed. It was the goannas that I hated and they were destructive and normally made a mess killing more then they could eat. Ah great memories of farm life! I remember one time we caught one but as usual were running late to meet my mum in town so we figured the snake would have to come too and be rehomed on the way home ... Great plan until our car broke down haha and the nrma guy when he wanted to take car back to the shop, so we had to reveal our passenger, nearly passed out with fear. So dad had to get a lift to my mothers work by nrma guy to secretly get her car (as hard to explain why I was not with him and guarding his bomb of a car), then come back for the snake & me so the guy could take a snake-less car! So now we had a new dilemma ... We had to wait for my mum to finish work to share her car home and play it straight as she was petrified of snakes. When we got home we still had this snake and then had to confess why we had to go out again.... that caused dad a whole world of hurt but was funny .... as we had to drop mum (well she kind of bolted to the house once we told her so an easy drop for once) and take her town car out into the forestry to release this snake. We laughed the whole way there and back & always have found it a funny story. My dad and I caught lots of snakes and spiders for releasing to my mums dismay my siblings weren't interested & probably a little scared so they used to tell dad that mum says to kill it but we just became more sneaky in our operations of catch & release!
    Last edited by Jay11; 02-03-2014 at 18:21.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cat thanks for sharing your belly pic it's feels like ages since we shared some belly shots glad to see your popping more and more each time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Happy birthday Lotsa!!

Jay, you're crazy! But I love how you released them and didn't just kill them.

Cat lover you look great for someone who is 27 weeks!

Dh spent the weekend finishing off the painting and we managed to get some decals on this evening. I love how it's coming along. I can't figure out how to upload a picture since updating my tablet.

Eta-Any Brisbane ladies delivering at Mater Mothers, I was very well looked after in my couple of days there. It was a reassuring indication of how we will be treated for our births.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 02-03-2014 at 19:48.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hampton forgot to post ref your pic too thanks for update. Really hoping we get another 3D pic at 32wk scan as I love them they are sooo detailed and make it so more precious & real congrats!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There we go, plus a pic from my scan the other day.
    Attached Images

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Ngaiz love nursery wall and even though pic of pic is hard to see you can still see great detail in your 3D pic very exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you are at home again Ngaiz. Love the decal for your nursery. Those 3D pics are very detailed arent they? Its amazing what we can do nowdays.
    Happy Bday Lots. Sounds like your DH spoiled you just the right amount! Glad you had a good day.
    Loved your pic CatLover. 27 weeks already- congrats!
    Hampton glad you got a great look at your bubs. Very detailed image.

AFM had my baby shower on the weekend and got very spoiled by my friends and family. Got lots of singlets and socks. Had a great but tiring day. MIL & Mother werent too painful, though MIL kept trying to touch my belly and once or twice ok but anymore than that is kind of taking it too far. Im not a fan of people touching my belly and for the most part they have been respectful. I kinda expected a bit more touching yesterday which was fine, but some people take it too far. How would they like it if I did it to them? Not much I imagine. Is anyone else not a fan of the random touching of the belly?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. Hope everyone had a great weekend.. I'm so behind as haven't been on all weekend.. So sorry with the personals...

I'm hoping for a Vaginal Birth but I've said to my OB whatever it takes for both of us to be safe.. Glad to hear some quick recoveries from c-sections... My 30 week scan showed Bubs was at the 75th percentile.. I think I have a big one on board!! Will discuss with OB on Wed when I see her next.

I'm finding working full time a real challenge and I'm so tired.. I've got 5 weeks of work to go and DH wants me to finish earlier cause he's worried as there were lots of tears last week We really need the money and I would rather have that couple extra weeks with Bubs than just stay at home now waiting. I'll see how I go this week...

Jay I found those stick on heat pads you were talking about.. Fab idea, thanks for the tip!

Loving the 3d scans

Ann sorry to hear about your birthing experience... I can totally understand how you're feeling..

Happy birthday lotsa.. Sounds like a fantastic day.. Good work DH!

Amps sorry about the duckling Python?? OMG!

Anybody else got permanent swollen feet? All I can wear are Havianas!! I've got a few functions coming up and don't know how I'll squeeze into heels! Lol

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

ann17  (03-03-2014),lotsathoughts  (03-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    rtkirk - I HATE people invading my personal space, let alone physically touching me. My poor dh, it was 1 of the first things I had to explain to him that it takes me a very long time to allow anyone to even give me a quick hug. I'm more accepting now but I still cringe when it's forced on me. My close relatives and friends respect this quirk about me so don't push the boundaries. If I even have the slightest hint that someone might want to touch my belly, I turn or hold something in front of me. They might think they are 'feeling' the baby but they are really 'touching' me!! I have a very expressive face so I think my 'wtf do you think your doing?!' glare seems to keep most people from trying.

I'm beginning to wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew. When my dh is away for work, I have to look after 5 dogs, 4 cats, 4 parrots, 8 ducks, 1 drake, 12 ducklings, 6 chickens, 4 keets (baby guinea fowl), 1 bull, 60 cows and approx. 36 calves. My bil comes over to do the bulk with the herd so it's not as bad as it sounds, well, when everything goes well it's ok. I love living here and I love our lifestyle, I'm just worried it might get too full-on if I end up sleep- deprived.