Closed Thread
Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We had a scan today at 32+5. Bub is measuring right on schedule, about 2.2kgs now (ds was only 3.2kg at birth so hoping for similar this time) bub was head down in my pelvis so hard to get a good picture.
    Looking forward to meeting out little guy soon. Time to finish off his room ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1393579539.220518.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HamptonK For This Useful Post:

ann17  (28-02-2014),Arlais  (28-02-2014),hwaterhouse  (01-03-2014),Ngaiz  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps lol I have a cousin like that who loves to see operations being carried out. She is in the medical field though. It's perfectly normal wanting to see your csection being carried out and seeing bubs being taken out. I just wish I had the guts to see it all like you!

Jay I wld definitely listen to my OB that's why I pay him cause I trust him since this is what he does for a living. I totally understand the choices of pain management (or for that matter some want total drug free) meds. I haven't tried gas but know alot of ladies opt for that. In terms of harm Personally neither I nor both my bubs had any problems with epi. In fact if anything it was quite the opposite for me - not having the epi administered in time caused dd and I both so much distressed- I was in so much pain that I lost my head and just pushed and pushed resulting in such a bad tear. On the other hand in terms epi things went smoothly with ds and I had a very good delivery. I know some ladies or have read where ladies deliver without much pain meds with some pain but bearable. And I think wth was/is wrong with me then! The pain I felt there's absolute no words to describe it, I was begging the dr to just pull bubs out! My mum has given birth to several children and she was there- and she is one tough woman, she shudders when she recalls my dds delivery and says to me - you went to hell and came back.

I guess listening to our Ob is the most important thing we can do and also incorporating our wishes and instinct by talking to OB and midwife.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's one thing I do feel guilty about, straight after delivery, the DR (there were 2 actually ) got on with stitching me and they had to inject me there since the epi wasn't fully working and bubs was safely out so they cld inject me. They didnt lay dd on me straight away neither did they offer ( neither did I ask, I just remember my leg trembling - the side the epi wasnt working- and just being wasted while they stitched and it took a long time) they cleaned her up, put her under the lamp for a while then put her in the little incubator next to me and I cldnt even bear to face her side, the pain and shock was too much for me. I was wheeled out to intensive care after (still hadn't touched dd) was drugged fell asleep for half a day. I have no idea where they took dd or they did with her as I was wheeled out (but obviously she was in safe hands and her dad was there). They formula fed her while I was out. I think one of the reason why I tore so much is because she wasnt coming out easily so Dr snipped me a bit to open me and I continued to rip from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So didn't need this heart attack right now. Heard my 13 ducklings making a strange noise, went to investigate, could only see 12, so in I go to check only to nearly stand on a 9' python with thirteenth duckling in it's gut!! Dh is not home of course so had to phone bil to come help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no Amps!!! I'm not sure which would upset me more, the missing ducking or seeing a snake (absolutely terrified of coming across one).

I'm at home now and been told I'm not allowed to work anymore. Financially it's goona be tough as we were hoping to save most of my income over the next five weeks but I'll be down to half pay now. The reality of not working and the possibility of having an early bub is sinking in and I'm feeling a little anxious and sick in the tummy. Dh is being so good about it and had said he will just do as much overtime as possible which makes me feel bad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Amps  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz - Now I'm just sad about the duckling. The others keep calling for it. It's hard not to worry about money but I guess at the end of the day, a healthy baby and mum is worth more. I didn't want to stop work yet either but wasn't given a choice. Too much to lose to risk it. I hope you can relax and not stress over it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No judgement here Ann I'd just rather try without first as have a high pain tolerance to most types of pain but as I said if my Dr reckons I need to go a different way I will. I'm just more a take it as it comes person but would also prefer to prepare for pain then think an epi will be my answer to a no pain delivery as I know they aren't always successful and I also don't know if I'll be able to get in the right position to have one anyway but it's also a nice ace up the sleeve if it comes to that. Oh I am also going to try Epi- No training starting a month before my due date.
    I have a 32 week growth scan at end of Mar so who knows that might even throw a spanner in the works if bub isn't growing fast enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    27 weeks today. Finally heading into the home stretch of the third trimester.

27 Weeks.jpg

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (01-03-2014),hwaterhouse  (01-03-2014),Ngaiz  (02-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Amps iam so sorry about your little duckling. I would be terrified seeing a python though! Oh by the way when I read bil my brain didnt click in gear straight away and I thought whose Bill? Neighbour, friend.....snake removalist???!!! Yep baby brains well into gear !

Ngaiz - saving $$$$ is always a concern and we try to as much as we can before bubs born. Poor DH that's so nice of him, make sure he gets plenty of hugs! But obviously keeping you and bubs safe and healthy is priority as you know :-). ATM we are single income family as we are overseas and iam on a spouse visa. So DH is working hard!

Catlover I am 28 weeks and doesn't it feel good to make it to the home stretch! Feels so good looking at your baby bump eh !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (01-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I turned 33 yesterday and I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Pretty cool timing I think. DH organised the perfect day for me. Got a massage to come to our house, then ran me a bath and we read a bit from on of our baby books. Next a surprise lunch and movie at vmax with dessert. We were so full we had toasted sandwiches on the couch for dinner. Enjoying our last weekends just the two of us while we can. Very sleepy now though.
    Oh and we bought an investment unit/ future home too. Looks like a move in states is on the cards later this year if DH can find a job. Slightly overwhelming along with everything else, but just riding the waves.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-03-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (02-03-2014)