Closed Thread
Page 22 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I did a big baby shopping spree tonight so I'm feeling much more at ease about having everything now. Babies R Us have a deal on at the moment if you spend over $100 you can get an umbrella stroller for only $5. It's not recommended for under 6 months, but we figured we'd probably buy one at some stage anyway so that was a good score on top of the other specials

I think one of the reasons I'm so apprehensive about a c-section is that I've never had major surgery before. I had my wisdom teeth out a long time ago, but that was so minor and done at the dentist's office. I find hospitals very overwhelming so the thought of being in an operating theatre scares the crud out of me. Most of my family members who have gone into hospital never came out again

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on the shopping spree Arlias, feels good to get organised. I'm sure the c section will be over before you know it and once you see your bubba, you won't be thinking about an operating theater.

29 weeks today, going quickly and busy at work at the moment, so weeks seem to be flying by. Have my GTT test on Wednesday. Think I am pretty much organised, just need to order the MCN, get some sort of tummy time mat and some maternity pads and thats about it. Also waiting for babies linen to arrive, which will hopefully come next week.

Has anyone been to Bali and who did you fly with? We are trying to plan a holiday to Nusa Dua when bub is 4 months old. Plan to just stay in the resort the whole time and relax, don't plan on site seeing. Any tips would be appreciated.

Happy Friday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nagiz - yep mobility is my major concern. But Bedlover has given me some confidence !

Amps that's how it started for me pretty unphased and thought yep I just lie down on the bed nothing to worry about in terms of pain drugged and out comes baby ! Mmmmm..... I do have problems seeing blood though! Anyway as time draws closer suddenly iam not feeling so blasé !

abh - I can't wait to start my baby shopping! How exciting! Can't help you with Bali but have been to several resorts in Fiji, good, relaxing and nannies are great! We want to do one either in Oct or Dec to HK, Singapore and KL combo for the kids which we have done before - but with bubs might prove to be difficult.

Yes I was really concerned about my weight issue the gain that did happen occurred between xmas and last week. First trimester I struggled to eat, iam getting better now but not even close to eating pre pregnancy. So obviously I lost weight and gained with baby belly so I guess I offset it. I hardly eat any junk, no lollies, cakes, cravings nothin

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH I've been to Bali several times and different airlines each time - I found them all pretty much the same tbh. For us it was all about who was offering the best deal since it's only a short flight from. Perth.

If you're looking at resorts I'd definitely recommend something around upper Seminyak or Ubud as they have the feeling of being away from it all, but still easy to get transport if you decide you want to do some exploring or even just go to some fab restaurants.

You're welcome to PM me with more questions if you like

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann I had no mobility issues after c-sect either apart from that first 24 hours I had to stay in bed. I definitely didn't see any blood either. I was pretty terrified about having a natural labour so was actually happy to have the decision taken out of my hands. I was a bit worried about the 'surgery' part of it and the operating theatre but after all the generals I've had for epu, it seemed like my second home!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (28-02-2014),Ngaiz  (28-02-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We are going for a vbac, as I had an emergency CS with dd. Hoping to avoid a repeat if I can as I'd much rather be up and out of there ASAP. Both options carry risks but the benefits of a vaginal birth for bubs is what has swayed us. Such an individual decision to make though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

ann17  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ann17 - Now I think I must really be weird, I asked if it was possible for me to watch the actual op. Blood, gore, needles etc don't phase me at all. I have watched a doc cut 3 moles out of my chest before, freaked him out a bit, big wuss!! On the flip side, I gag when I see snot, spit etc, yes, I'm very strange

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want vb as I believe it's better for bub and that's my priority so if OB says plans changed bub needs CS then that's what has to be done. It's the same with induction it's not something I'd sign up for as it's rushing bub and unless he has to be rushed I'm happy to wait until he's ready that way there are less likely to be any issues with undeveloped lungs etc. happy for water injections and gas as pain management but will try to hold off on the more harmful pain meds like epi etc. I have also packed a hot water bottle and found some stick on heat pad from the believe it or not the Libra sanitary section in Woolies (guess they are for period pain). Other then that the exercise ball, shower and bath will be my friends with hubbies support (his swimmers are packed hehe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm another one who will just go with whatever the doc says about having a natural birth or c section. The only thing that would worry me about the c section is the recovery time but if that was what was recommended, I would go with it. I'm basically thinking like I'll be having a natural as everything has been going well so far and although I'm not looking forward to the pain, there is a part of me that wouldn't mind knowing what it feels like. I just hope I follow in my mums footsteps and have short labours and most of my friends have said that they worst part of the labour is when it dragged on and you just get too fed up and physically exhausted to deal with the pain. They all seemed to agree that if their births were only a few hours, they would have been fine (this is what's getting me through the thoughts of labour anyway).

Wow Spidery, how frustrating about your obs appointment. I've been every month so had to see him after my 12wk scan and then this week to discuss my morph scan in depth and have also been once in between at 17/18 weeks. We are almost at the 24 week mark! Yay! Such a big milestone!

ABH: I think every time I have been to Bali has been with Garuda airlines, well besides the one time we went with Ansett back in the day. I usually stay in the busy part but would prefer to be a bit out of the action with a young bub so good choice there. Like Arlais said, let us know if you have any other questions.
    Last edited by Annerley; 28-02-2014 at 18:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh thanks for reminding me, I have some of those stick on heat pads in the cupboard! Definitely a handy addition to the hospital bag