Closed Thread
Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spidery I can imagine how peeved off you would be. Those appointments are what keep me sane.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah team panda I know well I have not seen my obs in 12 weeks so I would have no idea if things were wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh Spidery 12 weeks is a long time I can totally understand your anxiety.

Panda I was in so much pain last night down there and so uncomfortable I just cldnt sleep! Pains constant. I will be back in Aust in a weeks time for my OB appt so can't wait. Have my GTT and wellness scan. Iam 28 weeks now. How many weeks are you sorry lose track ? But it probably is a good idea to have scans to see the baby growing properly. My Ob said for delivery purposes (as i may be going in 2 weeks before) more than then how many weeks he wld be looking at babys weight. I did have a scan last week everything's looking good bubs was about a kilo. However, I have only gained 2 kilos since getting pregnant !!! I cldnt believe that!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (27-02-2014),Team panda  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery I'm sure that if there were any major concerns your Ob would contact you right away. Fingers crossed there's not such a big delay for your next appt!

Panda I'm having growth scans too due to my low Papp-A, high ANA's and blood clotting disorder - they need to make sure the placenta is doing its job and giving bub everything she needs.

First scan for growth showed my bub was only in the 15th percentile, but the one I had earlier this week indicated she's now around the 30th percentile and approximately 2.13kg in weight. Big relief because if she hadn't grown adequately I would have been going in for a c-section in a couple of weeks. Now the little monkey just has to turn head down so I can have the vaginal birth I want!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (27-02-2014),Team panda  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ann, my preference is for a vaginal birth but with bub being breech since day one and this week complications I have quickly come to terms with the fact I could be having a c-section. I'm ok with that but dh is terrified. My only concern is recovery and mobility afterwards.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I have been MIA this week. Suddenly I find I am super exhausted. Full time work is taking its toll. Plus my work is super busy ATM. Thank goodness only 2 weeks to go!

Ann I can understand your concern about natural childbirth. I think you should decide what is right for you and your family. Everyone is different so as long as you make the right choice for you is what is important. AFM I am going to do what the dr recommends. But I would want an epi if go natural.
    Ngaiz sorry to hear all the issues you have been going through over the last week. Hope bubs stays put for you. Sounds like you are doing everything needed and it's paying off.

Spidery I thought the drs appointment between 13 and 20 wks was ages! You poor thing. My dr is always late too but I expect it now so plan around it. I try not too get upset as he is usually late cause of deliveries. Good reason I think.

KJ glad your GD is manageable with pills and diet. Honestly I think you can do everything 'right' and it doesn't make a difference. Glad you are not beating yourself up over it.

Sorry to hear of the lady parts pain some of you are experiencing. I thought it was supposed to get us after the birth not before. That sucks!

Arlais just remember that you can always send hubby to the shops if you forget something. Course if it was me my DH would have strict instructions! Such a control freak

Had a bubs appointment with my midwife on Wed. All going well measuring at 32 weeks which is spot on. And I got to see bubs for the first time since 20 weeks. My poor hubby missed out. Funny to see. When you first see bubs looks like they are living in a mansion now it's a cramped closet! And bubs head is pointed down which is good. Aside from being a grumpy ***** all the time feeling v blessed with our miracle.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

ann17  (28-02-2014),Arlais  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must be weird. I'm kinda looking forward to my c-section. It is the safest option for us but I would still rather do this than a vaginal birth. Just the thought of a vaginal birth is enough to make me break out in a sweat. It really does terrify me. I've unfortunately had several operations so the thought of another doesn't phase me at all. The best advise I've been given for recovery is to do exactly what they you say to do and not to do, to not push yourself or overdo things. I'm lucky dh will be home for most of my recovery time and he has promised to do as much as I need.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

ann17  (28-02-2014),Arlais  (28-02-2014),Ngaiz  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My c section is all booked and I had a c section with DS too. I had no troubles with the recovery at all and was up and walking good as new the next morning! Never had any issues and was driving right after I got out of hospital.

It really was not a big deal so for those who choose that path or have to go down that route, please dont be worried or frightened - it isn't bad at all!!

My only advise would be to take the regular pain medication that is offered rather than waiting til it starts to hurt. If you do that it is easy!!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (28-02-2014),ann17  (28-02-2014),Arlais  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais that must be a relief to see she is getting bigger. Mine hasn't turned yet but I'm behind you. I keep getting these kicks right in the left part of my lower abdominal area where her little feet must be.
    Ann can't believe you've only gained 2 kilos! I've gained 11 so far. But I was 50 to begin with so I needed to fatten up for this pregnancy. I'm 32 weeks now. Probably good to see how big this baby actually is.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. Wow I'm 10 pages behind. Lots of catching up to do.