Closed Thread
Page 20 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls is anyone opting for elective c-section? For me it started of that way due to twins and high bp. And now high bp is the only factor although if my body is behaving we cld go for induced vag birth. However from get-go I was adamant to have a C-section this time. I had a traumatic dd delivery and I still can't get that out of my mind. I tore pretty bad they got my epi wrong - fixed it three times and still only half side of my body pain was blocked off and the half I felt everything (baby was coming so really cldnt try and fix the epi problem). The pain was horrendous, I wasn't listening to anyone or anything just going crazy and pushing away - I have no idea how grandmas or mums did it without epi! Labour was long and they had to pop my waters (which is no biggie on the scheme of things ). Baby was in stress, i was in stress. Recovery was long and hard. I had so many stitches that they didnt even count. Now girls don't freak out at all the good news is that every pregnancy and delivery is different - ds delivery was a dream and I was actually smiling with every push and very well behaved. Of course that was the magic of epi! Recovery was normal.

So now iam thinking of csection and i feel its a more controlled enviro but I guess the recovery will be harder then vag birth ( unless of course I wld be twice unlucky to have 4 th degree tear!).

Just your thoughts. But definitely epi is on the menu ASAP, iam a wuss cause I have been through the pain - and that was only half side of the body I cannot imagine if I had nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann I'm not intentionally going for an elective c-section, but I may end up having one if bub is still determined to stay breech.

I've been adamant from the beginning that I don't want a c-section as I just find the idea of it terrifying! As it's becoming a potential reality though I've been trying to educate myself a bit more about the procedure, recovery, etc. Just like a vaginal birth each one is different and some people recover really quickly, others take a bit longer and unfortunately suffer complications.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, I asked my OB about an elective c section. As my DH works away and would make it heaps easier to plan. I have to get back to her with some dates, she wants to discuss being induced as well. She said with an elective c section don't want to get bub out to early and have them send time in nicu.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, I had a c-sect with DS due to fibroids and so am having another one this time. I have more fibroids currently and my Ob feels it's safer and he wants to have more control over the delivery. I am ok with that. I just want bub delivered safely and am worried the fibroids, or c-sect scarring could cause a complicatication during a natural delivery. Being able to make arrangements for DS is a bonus.

I was really lucky to have a great recovery although the first 24 hours was a bit unpleasant. I didn't enjoy not being able to feel my legs and having to stay in bed but after that I felt pretty ok.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ABH, DS was booked in for 38.5 weeks and born without any problems. This bub is booked in for almost 39 weeks. I think anything after 37 weeks is considered full term and hopefully wouldn't require any time is special care.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann- I saw my ob today and he said its pelvic instability. Apparently my pelvic bone is out of line. He took a look down under and I also have some blocked ducts on the vaginal area that have burst and are quite sore. There sort of like blisters. Apparently very common and come about due to sweating and the hot weather. Also some surface blood vessels in that area. Sounds similar to the varicose veins you are talking about. I think we both have the same thing going on. It's so annoying because when it really hurts I find it very difficult to walk.
    Last edited by Team panda; 27-02-2014 at 21:53.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann, I am living in a dream land the baby will just appear in my arms with no pain at all....mmmmm...I am totally terrified and I have been trying not to think about it but I do know I have to start trying to mentally prepare soon...I would prefer a vaginal birth but the baby could end up on the large side so I might need a C-Section and if this is the case I think it will be at 39weeks from what my OB indicated on Wednesday. It sounds like you had traumatic time with one of your births, which would make me want to go down the C-Section route.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls yes you are all correct. Initially I was so adamant to have a csection but as the time draws closer iam not so sure. I am a bit worried about DH handling a newborn with me possibly not being able to hold bubs initially comfortably (that's one complain I have heard about csection from those who have had it). And heard recoverys longer. Tough one! I remember the epi still had its effect after I delivered dd and woke up hours later, cldnt feel my legs and the nurse had to empty my bladder on the bedpan, I had a catheter. Had no bowel movement for 4 days eventhough I was on a special diet. And then of course to complicate things I had terrible fever almost straight after and had the breastfeeding problem. Both of my births I was so lucky mum and grandma (passed away) took care of me
    and bubsfor 6 weeks! Mums offered again but i don't want her to too, she's in her late 70s and diabetic and pressure problems and I know she won't tell me if she's feeling tired and will push herself. Plus she is a breast cancer surviver and ever since her lumpectomy can't lift weight. And shes now helping SIL taking of my brother (and his young kids) whose just going in cancer remission but still very weak and lot of pain. My sister has offered to come from Syd for a week taking leave so I think will take up the offer. To make matters worse logistically no ones in Bris, where we opted to have bubs as we lived there prior to moving overseas and that's where my FS journey started. Sorry got a bit side tracked there!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann I asked my doctor a while ago what the birth plan was and he said he would treat me like any other normal pregnancy as I'm having a normal pregnancy. As it's my first pregnancy I will go with whatever he plans. I thought being older or the fact it was ivf I may need to be induced or at least not allowed to go too over but he seems to not be fussed at this point in time. I'm going to have a growth scan next week because she is measuring a little bit small. And he saids it's always good to check that she is growing properly. Is anyone else having scans at this stage?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

ann17  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies sorry I have been MIA.

A lot has happened for all on the thread. Wishing all those with health and hospital admissions get better soon.

Glad also to also hear so many good stories and many getting super close to holding their babies

Welcome to the new ladies over the last few weeks

As for me I have been super busy and stressed with selling our new home and buying a new one. Just waiting for cooling off period for home we should last Saturday.

Was supposed to have Obs appointment over 2 weeks ago but when I got there obs was running extremely late and I could not wait as I had another appt 3.5hours later and would not of made it too the later appt with solicitor. Was super peeved as the clinic did not contact me to let me know as I had to leave work 1.5 hour just to make the appt and the receptionist said she didn't call me as" you cannot take your phone into work so I didn't call" which ****es me off as they have my work number for issues like that.
    So I have my appt on Monday at 24 weeks 4.5 weeks after my scan which I still don't know any results too sorry rant over

On a positive note got our pram the other weekend And I got to see my grandma at my nieces christening as she flew in from Queensland jeez I love that women