Closed Thread
Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow this thread is moving fast, h font check for couple if days and.....!

KJ -iam so sorry that's not something we like to hear well at least the good news is that its a mild form. Hopefully you can get the hang of managing it. But yes like the ladies here said pls don't blame yourself.

Arlais- full head of hair sounds so cute! And bubs weights good as well.

Ngaiz- it does sound a bit scary there. I hope that bubs gets to spend a little more time baking in there! But it sounds like you are in good care. I take Nifedipine 30 mg as well but for my bp since 11 weeks, is it something you taking for high bp or just to slow down labour ?

Panda- iam sitting down with a hot water bottle between my legs as iam typing this. It's really really sore down there !

wishnhope - so nice to hear you are pregnant! Good luck and deserve to have a little one in you're arms in 8/9 months time!!

gotta run now girls but will get back soon with more !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls.
    im going to bring up this sore groin/pubic region problem with obstetrician tomorrow, again. I still have 8 weeks to go and yesterday it was so sore I could hardly walk.
    Jj it started a while ago with me too, but had gone over the last 3 weeks. Now it's back again this week.
    Ann I'll try a heat pack on it tonight. A friend recommended a blanqi from Queenbee.com. Not sure about whether it will help.
    Kj that's a relief that the GD is mild and you will only need tablets.
    Wish, congratulations. I've come to realise that no matter what you do you will be stressed out. I too considered a Doppler but thought it might stress me out even more. Every time the doctor uses it on me I stop breathing for a couple of seconds before we hear the heartbeat.
    Ngaiz that's good news. How upsetting about the baby being taken away. That is so scary, so sad and heartbreaking.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover- that's so very sad! It's one thing he left his wife, a new mum after they finally had everything they wanted but the leave that little baby as well. I know that having a baby is going to be a huge life changer and may be tough on a relationship but I think it's one of those things where you recognise that it should only get easier and to ride it out and see how things go once everything settles down!

Ngaiz- hope you are feeling better now and that your little one snuggles in for a few more weeks.

Ann and Panda- hope the pain settles for the two of you too

KJ- good to hear that the gd is mild and can be managed with tablets, good on you for being so positive about it!

Wish- congrats, so happy for you! I thought about getting a Doppler but didn't know if it would worry me more if I couldn't find the heartbeat. My obs couldn't find it with his Doppler until I was past 14wks as well. Its very reassuring once the movements start but don't blame you for being anxious for now. Really wishing you all the best in this pregnancy and hoping you can relax as much as you can.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wish congratulations I got a cheap Angel Sounds one off eBay, at just over $20 I wasn't worried if it was a dud. You need to use gel with it or it doesn't work. It can be very hard to find a HB but I managed to fund one each time. Bub isn't very active and I'm often up and about so don't notice movement so I use it often. After a while I even learnt to tell the difference between placental blood flow and a HB, one wooshes and the other I like a gallop.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

ann17  (26-02-2014),Wishnhope  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No BP issues Ann. As you might be aware, Nifedipine is a calcium channel blocker, it reduces BP by blocking the action/path of calcium and relaxes the smooth muscle groups. By relaxing this muscle in the uterus it slows any contractions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok sorry guys in advance tmi!

Panda I have been in pain for couple of weeks now but getting worse . I can feel the pain on my pubic bone and "lips" are sore and swollen and sometimes pinching. Gotta be careful not to push any weight with my foot! When I had dd I tore myself pretty bad (4 degree lacerations - ripped all the way to my rectum) I sat on a tube (given by hosp) having my downstairs suspended for two weeks. Anyway they also gave me a special basin that fits in the toilet bowel and I wld filll it with hot water and soak myself - it was instant relief. So I kept that basin and used it with ds when I was pregnant and got really sore down there. But now of course I don't have that special basin anymore! So when I have a shower I bend down and let the hot water run between my legs its relieving (so sorry guys tmi but you will need to spread your cheeks apart to let the hot water run through!) I have also read that you can have varicose veins down there (although for me I think its just the pressure) which is really painful but the OB needs to do " show and tell"! But yes iam almost always in constant pain down there and only 28 weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies falling asleep and haven't got through last two pages of thread so will try to catch up later but just wanted to do a quick post before I doze off:

WISH - oh my goodness best news fingers, toes & legs crossed this is your lotto ticket winner emby / embies I didn't end up getting a doppler as had 12week scan then OB appt so saw him again then before we knew it it was Xmas and had our 20 week scan early Jan but had movement a few days before. Big hugs.

Ngaiz - more hugs your way and hope your home & both you & bub are in good health.

Sorry must go for now struggling
    Last edited by Jay11; 28-02-2014 at 10:50.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wish. Congrats! I bought a Doppler and used it every few nights. I am a big girl and I had no problems hearing a heart beat most of the time. I found it reassuring rather than stressful as I was fully aware I might not find it sometimes. It was a very good way for me and DH to connect with the baby. Even though I'm getting rather large kicks now I would still use it if I had it just to hear all the movement and goings on in there. I've lent it to my SIL who is behind me. In its proper place I think it's great.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi wish, congrats on your bfp!
    I was a bit like you. I needed reassurance and bought a doppler off eBay in my second pregnancy after a missed mc. It is the sonoline b and uses gel but once that ran out I use aloe Vera gel as it's cheaper. Like hwaterhouse said I did not rely on it and would speak to my OB if concerned. I don't use it now I feel movement and it's actually harder to find the heartbeat as you get further along as bubs moves around too much but when you are earlier bubs is above your pubic bone it's easier. Although I have some extra padding on my tummy I was able to find the heartbeat at 10 weeks after I had a bleeding scare it calmed me before my scan. I have to admit it was very light to hear at that gestation. There is no mistaking the babies heart beat and ppl might say you might get confused and some people might make that mistake but I learnt the difference between the whooshing of the placenta and the echo of your own heart or artery. Youtube have videos of girls using it and it helped me.
    I will suggest to only get one if you are sure that you won't rely on it too much and will not freak out if you can't find it. Don't use it every day. It's better to have an OB who is willing to scan you weekly than rely on a doppler. Mine knew I was stressed out during this pregnancy and would scan me every week so I didn't feel I needed to use it too much. Good luck with what you choose.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all so much for your feedback, I wont be having an OB so no weekly checkups for me only the general scans. I could totally be getting ahead of myself since im only 4+5 and there could be no baby at all!

Wish you all well for the next stage.