Closed Thread
Page 18 of 95 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh bedlover that's heartbreaking. There was a child abuse case last year at the hospital I work at where the couple had being trying for 12 years with countless rounds of IVF. The dad lost it and threw one of the twins causing permanent brain damage. I just can't comprehend it. The roller coaster of ivf is the single most difficult thing I've ever experienced and I got through, even miscarriage was easier to accept for me. I hope the other lady is doing ok and has lots of family support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is such awful news Bedlover. I get sad about the toll IVF takes on relationships. I know mine has nearly broken over it and I've shared my first pregnancy was quite awful. I feel so blessed that in the end becoming a little 'family' has really strengthened us. Really feeling for the lady at this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ngaiz- how are you feeling? Hope the drugs do the work and the steroids will help mature bub's lungs. Praying bubs stays put for longer.

Bedlover- that's awful to hear. I think I had read that on another thread. Poor thing, what a selfish man -if you would even call him a man.
    I agree that ivf is very taxing on a relationship and at the very start DH and I were put under so much pressure. He blamed himself and I was angry at him that it almost broke us but as we continued and after our losses we have definitely become a stronger couple and even more in love. He is my rock.
    I hope that lady is doing well and getting enough support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread moves way too fast than I can even try to keep up with. I've just read through the last few pages.
    Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry to hear some have been diagnosed with GD. Hope you're doing okay Ngaiz.
    I'll try my best to keep up with how everyone is doing. It's getting so close to some of your due dates. Can't wait to start seeing birth announcements.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel lucky in a way that with DH needing a vasectomy reversal it was always in the back of my mind that we may need to try IVF. It was still kind of devastating, but not a complete shock, so we were somewhat mentally prepared for it. I couldn't imagine how devastating it would be for that poor lady to be left with such a little baby after going through so much to get him/her.

Ngaiz - thinking of you and hoping everything is going well!

Becca don't worry about trying to keep on top of everything - we are definitely a very chatty bunch! I'm sure you won't miss out on any major news

I did a bit of shopping for bub yesterday, but I feel a bit lost! I am so scared I'm going to miss something really obvious that we should have

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (27-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    how are you Ngaiz?

Had my appointment with OB this morning and I have mild GD which was some sort of relief have to take tablets and go see a diabetic lady to teach me to take my sugar levels and diet etc feel more positive today OB is happy with me other than the GD and if I can control it he says no issues should really occur. One major positive they will not let me go over my due date so we will get to meet our little boy between 3/6 - 10/6, so excited!!! Oh I got to see him again today and he's doubled in size since my last scan.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (26-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news Kj. Glad you're feeling much better!

Arlais, I know what you mean about thinking you will miss something. I'm sure I have more than everything but there's always a niggling feeling I've forgotten something.

Had my growth scan this morning and looks good. Bub is about 40th%ile which they were happy with. DS was 45%ile so about the same size. Feeling relieved.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Beautiful Ladies!
    I hope you all well, Ive just had a quick skim and very sad to see not everyone is having a great pregnancy experience.

Thank you all for the well wishes, its still early days but hopefully we have a happy/healthy bub on board.

The reason I popped in was to ask if anyone bought a fetal monitor for their own personal use? After last time I super paranoid about losing bubba even after seeing a heartbeat. I know they arent recommended as they can cause more stress if you cant hear at heartbeat but at this point Im going to be super stressed no matter what!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Glad you're feeling better about your GDM diagnosis KJ, I'm sure you will be fine. The finger pricks have nothing on Orgalutran :P

October Good growth scan results, 40th centile is a nice little size.

Arlais Now I'm in here I feel so unprepared!! I have almost everything with the exception of mattresses/linen for both the cot and bassinet and the change table/drawer set. This is given me the kick up the bum I needed.

Thank you all for your well wishes. Everything seems to be going ok, the Nifedipine gives me horrible headaches, nausea and tachycardia. My heart was beating so hard and fast last night I could feel it in my ear canals and only got about 2 hours sleep. Scan came back normal with cervix length if 1.5cm. The dr at Maternal feral medicine seems happy with that but it sounds rather short, considering it was almost 4cm only 6 wks ago. Bub has gone from 77th centile to just under 50th according to the results, but still very on track. Haven't had many more tightenings or cramps but my discharge today was a little streaky. Having another steroid injection at 7 tonight then should be allowed to go home 24 hours after that.
    Feeling very blessed that we are both ok as I've just seen a bub taken away by the funeral planners and mum is in the bereavement counsellors room Not a very happy ward to be on.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Horwitzy  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Wish! I hope you didn't mind me sharing the good news with this group, I was just so excited for you To answer your question, I did consider getting a doppler but I read that they're not very reliable until you're well beyond 12 weeks (more like 16 is better). I kept holding off and then when I was seriously looking to buy one I started feeling movement!

If you do decide to get one, the recommendation I thought was most useful is to either hire one to start with, and if you do decide to purchase something, make sure it's one that needs gel to work - anything else is basically a glorified microphone. Keep in mind though that just being able to find a heartbeat is not a guarantee that bub is okay. If you feel that something is wrong don't hesitate to go in for monitoring. This is such a nervous time for you, but please try to relax and enjoy a little

So good to hear you're both okay Ngaiz! Fingers crossed bub stays put long enough for you to get everything finished off.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (27-02-2014),Wishnhope  (26-02-2014)