Closed Thread
Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to hear KJ - please don't blame yourself though, it's nothing you have control over

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ35 View Post
    I am so upset I just got my GD results and I am positive to having diabetes I feel really guilty as if I have done this to myself and its all my fault even though I have been eating well it during the pregnancy. Gutted. Got OB appointment tomorrow to go over the details
    Hugs KJ . Please don't blame yourself, the hormones from the placenta are the culprits. As Ngaiz said, they mess with our insulin resistance. Unfortunately some of us are genetically predisposed to picking up GD. My Mum had it when pregnant with my youngest brother, so I wasn't surprised when I failed my 2hr GTT. I've been measuring blood sugar 4x per day and keeping a food diary. Your OB will send you to a diabetes education class, and its at the class they'll give you the kit to do the monitoring and tell you how to structure your meals & snacks. They also go over the risks of uncontrolled GD which is very informative. I'm not on insulin yet, but probably heading that way as my morning fasting levels are on the high side. Day levels after meals are OK so far. PM me anytime if you want to chat about it.

Sorry for my absence everyone, just so flat out with work. Apart from GD, all is going well.

Lovely to see nurseries taking shape, maternity leave fast approaching and bub's arrivals being so close for some of you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

KJ35  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just finished with the growth scan - bub has gone from 15th to 30th percentile, which means the placenta is doing its job and it won't be necessary to have a c-section at 37 weeks!

She's currently estimated at 2.13kgs, but still in breech position unfortunately so I could still end up needing a c-section, but at least my Ob will have a go at turning her first since she's growing well. Oh and apparently it looks like she has a lot of hair!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news Arlias must be such a relief after a long ride for it all to be coming into place where it really counts! That's news worth celebrating I think!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (25-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my growth scan tomorrow. Feeling a bit nervous and hoping everything is going ok. My Obs has been pretty happy to date but you just never know. I know so many of you get exvited about seeing bub at another scan, but I just worry it'sanother opportunity to find something wrong! Such a glass half empty person!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if any of you have been following, but Wish's recent FET worked and she's pregnant!! Great hcg level so far, so definitely fingers crossed it will be a healthy sticky bubba for her.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (25-02-2014),hwaterhouse  (25-02-2014),Kerikiwi  (26-02-2014),Kittybee  (25-02-2014),LittleMissMagic  (27-02-2014),lotsathoughts  (25-02-2014),Ngaiz  (25-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (25-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (26-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay for Wish!!!! Thanks for the update Arlais and great news on bubbas growth.

I'm currently (once again) in the pregnancy assessment unit. Was experiencing a lot of lower abdominal cramps and sharp pain just below my ribs yesterday which returned today with a very watery discharge. Had an Ob appt and explained everything to him. He did an internal and everything is quite swollen and inflamed down there and my cervix is starting to dilate. He's expecting me to be admitted for a couple of days with Nifedipine (to stop contractions) and Betamethasone for bubs lungs just in case. Could be a long night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no hope everything is ok Ngaiz sounds scary really hope you don't go into early labour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay for Wish!! Great news xxx

Ngaiz, hope you're ok and they can stop the contractions. What a scare. Keep us updated and look after yourself xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz take care and rest up. Sounds like you are in good hands. Hope your bubba stays put.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app