Closed Thread
Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just watched the 60 minutes story - am bawling but loved it! So pleased for them and so excited that in 8 weeks that'll be us in that theatre with that OB showing us our baby for the first time!!

Made it feel very real all of a sudden!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies.. Hope everyone had a great weekend.. I'm sorry to hear those sad stories It's just not fair to happen to anyone let alone someone who has struggled to conceive and been thru IVF. I love Mary Coustas story, I read the book. She's so strong and I was in tears last night. So glad their dream came true and they never gave up and they have their little miracle.

Beautiful card Jay, they will really appreciate it!

We've decided we won't go thru IVF again. My DH has a 17yr old son that lives with us. If it happens naturally as a miracle yay!! but I'm just blessed we have 1 together. I don't think I could go thru all the stress plus financially we couldn't afford it again. We didn't get any frosties. We only had 1 good embryo and it worked on our first time. It was meant to be!

Our nursery is taking shape. We picked up the bassinette, cot and chest of drawers.. Just waiting on the change table kit.. The room is very white but we're going to wait till Bubs is born to work out the colour scheme and get the wall decals we want.. So exciting though walking past the room with the furniture in there.. It's happening!! 9.5 weeks to go and counting!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

ann17  (24-02-2014),Arlais  (24-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    Your card is beautiful Jay and I'm sure your friend will appreciate it.

Sorry to hear so many of us are having so many negative comments from friends and family. I'm so glad I found this forum, it's been a godsend for us.

Everyone's nurseries sound and look like they are coming together nicely.

We watched the Mary Coustos story also and am so happy for them. I'm glad they didn't give up and now have their beautiful little girl.

Dh and I have been talking a lot more about our future and whether we will try for another baby. So far our plan is to try naturally maybe with some assistance from our ob for awhile. All of our losses(4) have been natural conceptions so we might get lucky. Not sure if we could afford more ivf, we don't have any frosties. I would really like to try for another but dh is still quite reserved, mostly due to how hard it's been on me. I know that it is harder to conceive whilst bf but would be happy to forgo this at about 6mths if it means we can have another child.

We are flooded in again, 3 days now, so have been going through the house, sorting out all our stuff. We have chucked out so much and have a big pile for friends to go through first then give to Lifeline. We are both amazed at how much we have hoarded, even boxes from appliances that have long past their warranty dates.
    The rooms we have finished feel so much better, more welcoming and fresh. For an old farm house, it's coming together nicely.

Has anyone looked at Spectra breast pumps?? I'm leaning towards the Dew350 model based on recommendations and comparison to other leading brands. I bought the Closer to Nature Essentials pack, microwave steriliser and extra bottles from Target but have decided to leave buying a pump until after baby is here, to see if I can breast feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wanting to watch the Mary Coustos story and totally forgot it was on, noticed some of you have mentioned she's wrote a book? I think I might buy this and read her story.

Had my gestural diabetes test this morning 7am - 9am it wasn't too bad I get me results on Wednesday so fingers crossed I am ok. I have been abit scared of this test because I am abit over weight and my Doctor told me last year I was borderline for diabetes when not pregnant I'm really worried I am going to get GD.

I am liking the closer to nature bottles I haven't even looked at breast pumps yet I am going to wait until after our little one is born because I am not going to put presser on myself to breast feed if it doesn't feel right etc then I will bottle feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies!

I had my baby shower yesterday afternoon and it was so lovely being surrounded by friends and family excited to welcome this little baby into the world

First day of maternity leave today. Dropped DH off at the train station, came home, had some breakfast and now just snuggled up on the couch with the fur babies. I had all these plans of getting stuck straight into the housework today, but actually now I'm just going to pop some washing on, sort out my lists of what I want to get done whilst on leave and generally just veg today

Hope everyone had a great weekend x

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So jealous Arlais!!! Getting so tired and sore and just want to be at home. Been a right grumpy mess this morning. Financially really need to stay at work the remaining three weeks, but physically I wish it could start now!!!

Nursery is very slowly taking shape.

nursery.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nursery looks great Veritas! Love the cot, you have done a great job. Where did you get your rocking chair? I only have room for a smaller style chair in our nursery and was planning to just feed on the couch which is adjacent to this room anyway.

Hope you have had a relaxing day for your first day of maternity leave Arlias. We really are getting down to the business end.

Good luck with the diabetes test KJ. I am having mine next Wednesday. Did you do the 1 or 2 hour one? I am doing the 2 hour one.

Will have to jump online and watch the Mary Coustos story, missed it last night. Was at a Pete Murray gig. This bubba has been exposed to such much music already. My DH just loves listening to music and also singing it, very loudly and also badly.

Hope you are doing ok in the floods Amps, sounds like you are being very productive with your time.

We hope to conceive 8 - 12 months after this bub arrives and have two frosties on ice. We were so lucky to conceive on our very first cycle. But I think a lot of that came down to our wonderful FS Wazza.

I hope you are all going well and excited to say only have 9 more Mondays to work before mat leave starts! Sounds like such a short time when you say it like that.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-02-2014),KJ35  (24-02-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ABH. We got it on eBay I think?? Bought quite a while ago when we first started trying. Wardrobe is in a box in the hall for dp to put together. Along with some shelves to hang. Then I just have to source and paint a bookcase. I think I want one of those knitted type pouffes too.

Your dh sounds just like my dp.... Unique singing voice but very passionate

Been getting some very ouchy and sharp pains in my lady bits of late. Think the little munchkin has taken to head butting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your lovely comments about our alcove. It's so exciting to get ready.

No probs Jay, always happy for improvements. I think we could rest it behind where the bassinet is to provide more space. It'd have to be near the wall though as we need space at the end of the chest of drawers for changing nappies. The top draw will be for storing all our nappies (hopefully MCN's) which will be nice. But I like the idea of having a cupboard for more storage near the wall, with enough room for the drawers to pull out. Will have to try more configurations out once the bassinet finds a more permanent home.

Riss it is so beautiful to look at it all there ready to go. It feels so exciting now. Sometimes I sit in my chair and just rub my belly and smile...especially when DH is away for work. It's comforting.

Veritas, love your white rocking chair too. Cool modern style nursery.

Ann those comments are quite hurtful. You're tough to be able to laugh them off in front of them. At this point is probably just start crying....no coping strategies. :/

I didn't see the Mary Coustas special. I can imagine it would have been heartbreaking. Feeling quite fragile emotionally at the moment so trying to limit any shows that pull on the heart strings. Anyone else feeling a bit weepy?

Arlais! Good on you for resting! Take it all day by day and enjoy the quieter moments. I also am quite envious.
    Still have 4 weeks which isn't long, but seems forever away now that I'm starting to slow down. Got lots of late nights for work (parent/teacher interviews etc) which are taking their toll.

Staying positive and looking at the days I cross off on the calendar rather than the ones left.

Bring on a quick week I say!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love your nursery Veritas and I was just going to ask about the rocking chair too. Might have to keep my eye out for something similar.

KJ- good luck with your GTT results. Seeing my OB tomorrow to find out when to do mine. I'm worried too as I have pcos and was on metformin up until 14 weeks pregnant. I have been watching what I'm eating so hopefully it will be fine. I was just wondering if you got your rozibaby pram yet and if so what do you think of it? After having my heart set on icandy or joolz I saw the rozibaby for half the price with everything I'm looking for and thought I'd save money getting that. Love that it can have a 2nd seat attachment.

Arlais- hope you enjoyed your first day of maternity leave.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (24-02-2014),KJ35  (24-02-2014)