+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Penis, testicles, vagina, breasts. I cant stand people giving body parts pet names.
    My best friend was molested by her grandmother and when it came to charging the woman they had a hard time because my friend couldn't label her body parts correctly.
    *She was charged and received a very hefty jail sentence.
    Holy crap by her grandmother??? That's the first time I've heard that... Horrible horrible thing to happen to anyone.

My dd is 1 and so far we havnt had to really talk about her bits but she also is learning a second language. so far she knows most body parts/clothing in that language more so than English. Eg if I say to her where's your shoes? She has no idea but if I say it in different language she will point and look down at her shoes. If I have said anything about her vagina I say it in our language like in the bath 'stand up mummy needs to wash your etc etc' i guess once she's older I'll most probably say vagina although not too sure how much detail ill need to mention ie vulva/labia. Probably leave that up to the sex Ed chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and to add to that same goes if we ever have a ds. Our language when little then probably penis when a bit older..

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is going to sound really awful given the light heartedness of the thread.
    I've got quite a few lawyers in my family and we were all discussing it one day.

They said if in the awful event your child is sexually abused and they don't use the correct names for their penis/vagina then the defence can use that against them.
    Eg "a doodle/wee wee could be anything, how do we know that he/she is talking about his/her penis/vagina"

Not sure how truthful it is, none of them have dealt with that area of law but it's for that reason we tell our boys to call it their penis.

Plus it isn't a dirty word

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

sky1  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincolns mummy View Post
    Penis, testicles, vagina, breasts. I cant stand people giving body parts pet names.
    My best friend was molested by her grandmother and when it came to charging the woman they had a hard time because my friend couldn't label her body parts correctly.
    *She was charged and received a very hefty jail sentence.
    Yes I didn't read this before I posted but it just confirms what I said above.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    This is going to sound really awful given the light heartedness of the thread.
    I've got quite a few lawyers in my family and we were all discussing it one day.

They said if in the awful event your child is sexually abused and they don't use the correct names for their penis/vagina then the defence can use that against them.
    Eg "a doodle/wee wee could be anything, how do we know that he/she is talking about his/her penis/vagina"

Not sure how truthful it is, none of them have dealt with that area of law but it's for that reason we tell our boys to call it their penis.

Plus it isn't a dirty word

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept
    I was sexually abused as a young child and it didn't matter what words I used...no one believed me!
    I'll teach my kids words I am comfortable with. The whole thing makes me sick thanks to my past.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 16-02-2014 at 13:52.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a boy and he knows what his "doodle it " since about 18 months he would grab it and say doodle .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I was sexually abused as a young child and it didn't matter what words I used...no one believed me!
    I'll teach my kids words I am comfortable with. The whole thing makes me sick thanks to my past.
    Im sorry to hear that, that is awful.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    I've heard this also. Part of my job, pre children required me to have child safe/mandated notification/child abuse training, and they always stressed this....in that exact way.

Makes me sad to think that could ever happen....but for me, I find it odd hearing "penis" from a 2yo. I do think that "doodle" is quite specific and well known enough that it would hopefully be considered the same as penis should something unthinkable happen though.

For a vagina, I'm not sure what we will call it.....it hasn't really come up yet.

Proudly brought to you by me and my autocorrect fail device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We only have girls but they know boy bits as penis (although they say peanuts). It's what it is. As a pp said its not a dirty word. And they call their bits front bottom and bottom (they know its a vagina but are more comfortable saying front bottom and bottom).

Me + he = dd1 (July 07), dd2 (July 10), dd3 (August 13), dd4 (due may 14)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Penis, testicles, vagina