+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post

DH and I both grew up with parents using 'nicknames' for our private parts, but I am not sure this is the way most people are doing it these days!!

?
    We use the proper names. I don't really get the need for nicknames, you wouldn't adopt a nickname for your elbow for instance....or maybe people do I'm not sure. Anywho, we use the actual names here.... penis, leg, ankle, arm etc etc

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Penis, testicles, vaginas and vulvas in this house. Collectively they are known as private parts or if I'm reminding him to wash himself I say something like "wash your bits".
    Undies too - both for DD and DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We use proper names. The other day we were at the shops and ds was looking at hair clips. Dd then said "you are not a girl you don't have a vagina"!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use the correct terms also - I don't want my kids to grow up being embarrassed to use the correct names if that makes sense. My almost 3 yr old DS laughed his head off in the shower recently, saying "Mummy has a hairy penis" lol. So he now knows that girls have vaginas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For some unknown reason we just call front and back a "bottom" at this point. DD is 3 so should probably learn about the various genitals but its just never come up in conversation. She hasn't shown interest in anyone's bits yet (doesn't ask questions if she she's us nude etc). Hasn't noticed a difference between males and females (or if she has she's never mentioned it or asked).

Now you've got me thinking whether to bring it up or wait til she asks questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mooey for girls bits. I don't have kids yet, but this is what we used at home when I was young & it's stuck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    We use the correct terms also - I don't want my kids to grow up being embarrassed to use the correct names if that makes sense. My almost 3 yr old DS laughed his head off in the shower recently, saying "Mummy has a hairy penis" lol. So he now knows that girls have vaginas.
    Bahahaha my 3yr old asked me why mummy has 2 bums a few months ago. DH now calls me 2 bum mum to annoy me LOL.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (16-02-2014),NewMrs  (16-02-2014),Redcorset  (16-02-2014),RipperRita  (15-02-2014),SpecialK  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    We use the proper names. I don't really get the need for nicknames, you wouldn't adopt a nickname for your elbow for instance....or maybe people do I'm not sure. Anywho, we use the actual names here.... penis, leg, ankle, arm etc etc
    Ha ha I recently found out that the stretchy skin found on your elbow is apparently called a Wenis!! Who knew!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

Wally90  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Penis and doodle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    We have got to a point with DS where we need to teach him the words for his boy bits and wanted to get an idea of what others do.

DH and I both grew up with parents using 'nicknames' for our private parts, but I am not sure this is the way most people are doing it these days!!

Help please!!??
    We say penis. Though with an older boy now in school, doodle and willy have been introduced. They all know that the proper name for it is a penis.

Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    On another note I'm curious as to what others call boys underwear?? I call theirs jocks and mine knickers. I've heard others calling them undies.
    We just say undies for all of us. I live in a male dominated house, no knickers for this mama