+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy no motivation what so ever! HELP!

I am currently studying Business Admin and I have fallen behind by a few months due to no motivation for one and things going on at home. I would normally study when DS is napping but whenever I think about study I find that playing my pc games are far more interesting and never bother with it and when DS has gone to bed (which varies every night!) I like the ME time until I go to bed. The other thing that stops me is tiredness, I just cant seem to get any energy no matter how much I sleep or how well I eat as the minute I start any reading I nearly fall asleep! HELP!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Eek

A few things that help me study:

-studying at a proper desk
    -studying in the same place every time so it becomes an association
    -having some nice snacks to see me through
    -sometimes I set a timer for say, an hour and make myself study until it goes off. Then I'll allow myself 15 mins to do something like go on my phone, read a magazine, have a shower or even a quick clean up then get back into it
    -have a diary and schedule in study sessions
    -don't make the study sessions completely unattainable like 6 hours straight or when kids are awake etc
    -think of how good you will feel when you hand something in/accomplish something

Good luck

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

danik  (25-02-2014),IvyRain  (16-02-2014),mumbron  (19-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also for the tiredness maybe take DS for a walk before his nap, the fresh air and exercise may actually help your energy levels. And good diet etc always helps.

And somehow resist the lure of those PC games cause once you start you probably just won't stop! Perhaps save those as a treat for once DS is down for the night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tips but once DS is down for the night if I try to study I instantly get really tired and end up going to bed, its upsetting me so much I really want to get this course done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you get a baby sitter or daycare for a couple of hours uninterrupted each week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff86 View Post
    Thanks for the tips but once DS is down for the night if I try to study I instantly get really tired and end up going to bed, its upsetting me so much I really want to get this course done
    Try to study in his naps and then sleep at night then. Forget about the PC games if you can, they are a waste of time (I know it's hard!!). Sounds like you do need some fresh air and sunshine

And I agree with pp, having a solid block of uninterrupted time would be fab- is it viable to put him into care one day a week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    P.s. I get set back by procrastination all the time too, it's normal especially when studying online. But if you really want it badly you need to make it a priority. Trust me it feels so good to actually be in top of things and accomplish what you set out to do. I'm sure you will get there and you will make yourself proud!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you get up earlier than he does in the morning and study then?

I'm a bit of an iphone addict so I'll put my phone on the charger in another room when I study so I can't distract myself. If you use your PC for study, can you just not open the games? Like, say to yourself "I'll do x, y, and z, then I can play the games". Make little goals and use your games as a reward. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you got a friend or family member who can hold on to your games until your course is finished ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I studied a management subject for the old bachelor of business studies, and I found that readings were to be honest, quite alot - nowadays they have the ebook subscription, and an online testing site available it's much easier. Previously, We had one giant book for readings (like studies, essays etc.), and another big book for questions and outcomes - sort of like a summary for them all.

I'll get to the point, but I nearly passed that subject - really wish I had like yourself. The readings were difficult to keep up with at the time, but I keep thinking that if I had come up with a way to make the notes sink in - like audio notes to myself to playback in the car, or when I am out for a walk - it could have happened.

I keep thinking that if I had the kids in preschool just once a week - I would have the clarity of mind that I have now while they are in school. It's too late now to go back in time, but really babies yes are only babies once, but they also adjust to your lifestyle and it;s important to remember that they can only learn from examples that you set for them.