+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've read to sleep and feed with a muslin under you that you then lay on the bottom of the bassinet for them to sleep on, that way when you move them they still smell you. I tried this last night for his first sleep before he needed a feed again and worked. I have to admit I didn't try again mostly because we'd had such an awful night the night before and he was sleeping so well on me I didn't want to rock the boat!
    @Anjalee can you post a link for the wrap?

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my babies was exactly the same and I ended up co sleeping until she was around 6 months.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I co-slept with all my babies in the very beginning. My memory is the best for my DS7months. I just did it for the first 5-6 weeks, always trying to put him in his bassinet and some time around that 6weeks he just accepted going to the bassinet. Hang in there!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goosey01 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (16-02-2014),CLEO26  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I have a new problem!! He is now 4 1/2 weeks old. Im still co sleeping and my health nurse says I've created a bad habit.. they just say swaddle him and let him self settle but I dont want to do tbat yet. But anyway my problem is.....

Feeding to sleep. It worka and he goes to sleep but there is no way he is falling asleep at night without a boob. Seriously... dont know what to do now.

Anyone else do this at first and then got out of it somehow???

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEO26 View Post
    Ok I have a new problem!! He is now 4 1/2 weeks old. Im still co sleeping and my health nurse says I've created a bad habit.. they just say swaddle him and let him self settle but I dont want to do tbat yet. But anyway my problem is.....

Feeding to sleep. It worka and he goes to sleep but there is no way he is falling asleep at night without a boob. Seriously... dont know what to do now.

Please do what feels right for you and your baby. Everyone has their own opinions on what is right and wrong when it comes to babies but you really just need to listen to your instincts. If you are ok with cosleeping why not keep it going until you feel it's a good time to change? Your baby is still so young and needs his mummy so much for comfort. If it's depriving you of sleep and distressing him why not wait till he's a bit older?
    I am still cosleeping with my 3.5 year old and don't plan on moving her any time soon. It just doesn't feel right for us. It frustrates me that your child health nurse said that to you. They are meant to be giving you guidance not telling you that you have created a bad habit!
    Please listen to your instincts. Baby will tell you what he needs and by the sounds of it you are already responding to them wonderfully . Sorry I can't give you any help with the 'sleeping in his cot ' situation- as I said I'm still cosleeping so I haven't had that problem yet! !good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wannaBamumma For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (06-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEO26 View Post

Health nurses need a good kicking in the butt sometimes. Do what's right for you. They are only small for such a short period of time. I was thinking about this the other day and couldn't think of any other mammal that leaves dependent young to sleep on their own. It's either taken care of by mum or by the group.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (07-03-2014),Renn  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They so do need a kick u0 the **** sometimes. I had one visit me at my place as I was not yet confident to drive and she literally said in these words 5 mins after being in my house "have u tried to top yourself yet?" And the othwr4 one asks if I am on anything for anxiety!!! I dont need that stuff.. I needed time to adjust. Was so mad!
    Anyway, I agree.. we are the only mammal that makes them sleep alone. Okay I dont mind then for now. He is so small and doesn't want to be alone.

Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would make a formal complaint if a nurse said that to me!! That's outrageous!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (07-03-2014),smallpotatoes  (07-03-2014),Stretched  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your bubba is gorgeous. Do what works for you -- If you're happy cosleeping and feeding to sleep, do it.
    The nurses all say different things (most less awful than what that one said to you!) -- my sister actually told one that she was feeling anxious etc and they told her to just cosleep! It's worth remembering that so much of what they say is just one person's opinion and not some great medical or biological 'truth'.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

CLEO26  (07-03-2014)