+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We were going to TTC after our holiday to Thailand but I ended up being 8 weeks pregnant. I checked with my OB and she had no issues with it. I was just careful what I ate and drank and made sure I had snack in my bag at all time to keep MS at bay. I had a lovely trip
    we now have a trip booked to Vietnam in May and are TTC again at the moment. I will still go unless there were complications with the pregnancy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stillwaiting For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
    The healthcare system in Bali is actually very good, just make sure you have travel insurance to cover you if anything goes wrong. But really at that stage in pregnancy there is not a lot they can do if you start to miscarry. Take some morning sickness remedies incase you do get pregnant and suffer sickness.
    Personally I would keep trying and go away on holidays, it took us 6 months to conceive our little man and I would have been devastated if we didn't go on holidays and not conceived anyway. Just keep doing what you would normally do really!
    Thanks ponytail, I am still a little undecided but I am definitely leaning more towards this philosophy, keep on going how we usually would and deal with it in a way we see fit at the time if something does happen. I think all the worst case scenarios (i.e I get morning sickness etc) can be dealt with. Its hard to explain but I do just have this overwhelming sense of, its the right time and we shouldn't put it off, no rhyme or reason, just a feeling, and it will work itself out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Plus the more relaxed you are the better chance you have of conceiving
    The people quick to rubbish Bali are the ones that have never been - totally their loss I say! I've been 3 times and even got married there we love it so much. A lot of your experience depends on where you stay too. If you stay in the heart of Kuta then it's bound to be less relaxing as there is so much activity and hustle n bustle. Seminyak, Legian and Sanur are lovely laid back places but still close to the action of Kuta, seminyak is quite upmarket with lots of boutiques and fine eateries, beach clubs and bars. Kate Moss had her birthday at Ku De Ta in seminyak so Bali can't be as bad as people say
    If you go make sure you check out potato head, it's a restaurant/bar/beach club - words can't describe it, it is AAAAAAAMAZING

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ponytail For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would put it on hold. For me, I'd hate to go on holiday pregnant as it would spoil my holiday if I couldn't eat/drink what i wanted!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would put it on hold. It's only a couple of months. I would rather be able to fully relax/enjoy Bali by not being as panicky about the food/water, and being able to have a few cocktails. Actually I could think of nothing worse than going on a nice relaxing holiday and not being able to take part in the festivities....
    - that's just me though I totally get that different people are different!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your honest opinions. I talked it through in depth with DH and we have decided to go ahead with TTC and what is meant to be will be. I booked this holiday as a surprise Christmas present for DH, he is an avid surfer so the idea was DS and I would laze by the pool all day at the hotel (we are staying 5* hotel in Jimbaran Bay) while DH went off surfing, its only a short holiday, 4 nights, so the intent of the holiday wouldn't change, I would still just relax and play in the pool with DS (IF we did end up falling pregnant), if not, lots of cocktails for me, either way I have come to the conclusion I would be happy with the outcome.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Addicted to Love For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (16-02-2014)