Hi everyone, I am finding it very difficult to come to a decision on this and would like your opinions please.
I have an 18 month old DS and we are ready to start TTC No.2. However, my family has a holiday booked to Bali (paid for in full) this coming April. If we try and I fall pregnant on my next cycle in March I will be 5 weeks along in Bali (this is very plausible as I fell first month with DS). If I don't fall pregnant in March or we choose not to try in March because of the holiday it will be at least June until we can try again. My nephew was born sleeping from Trisomy 18 at 23 weeks gestation and his due date would have been in mid January 2013, therefore out of respect for my sister I want to avoid a January due date and would have to skip TTC during April / May pushing it out to June.
I guess my question is, would you go to Bali when 5-6wks pregnant or would you wait to TTC? I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity of falling pregnant in March for a 5 day holiday to Bali but I don't know if it is irresponsible of me to knowingly TTC when there are so many risks over there.
PS. DH isn't really bothered either way, says the choice is mine