+ Reply to Thread

Default Confused

Hi Everyone,

I am currently a single stay at home mum but i have been seeing a guy for a few months now, everything is separate and we only really see each other fridays and saturdays....we have briefly talked about moving in together and what not but i was just wondering what process you have to go through with centrelink?

I have a rough idea of his income and know that i wouldn't be eligible to any parenting payments but i would still get a little bit for family tax benefit...Would i have to call centrelink and cancel my spp and then apply for ftb? Or do you just fill out the partnered forms and they work it all out?

Has any one had any issues with centrelink when they became partnered? The lady i spoke to at centrelink wasn't very helpful and just told me that forms go in to get reviewed...I have no idea what this means Does that mean i can go without a payment until they decided? ...I am currently looking for full time work that has suitable hours with daycare so hopefully something comes up before any of this happens

TIA hope you're all having a good weekend

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been quite a while since I made this transition, but it still should be pretty smooth. I doubt they will leave you without enough money to by on but maybe make sure all your payments with stuff is up to date etc before making the switch.
    I don't recall having any issues, so just fill out your papers. If they are going to be paying you less they won't be phased and won't need to decide anything, they will just give it to you once they have the details.
    Good luck with your new relationship!