+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Confused

    Hi Everyone,

    I am currently a single stay at home mum but i have been seeing a guy for a few months now, everything is separate and we only really see each other fridays and saturdays....we have briefly talked about moving in together and what not but i was just wondering what process you have to go through with centrelink?

    I have a rough idea of his income and know that i wouldn't be eligible to any parenting payments but i would still get a little bit for family tax benefit...Would i have to call centrelink and cancel my spp and then apply for ftb? Or do you just fill out the partnered forms and they work it all out?

    Has any one had any issues with centrelink when they became partnered? The lady i spoke to at centrelink wasn't very helpful and just told me that forms go in to get reviewed...I have no idea what this means Does that mean i can go without a payment until they decided? ...I am currently looking for full time work that has suitable hours with daycare so hopefully something comes up before any of this happens

    TIA hope you're all having a good weekend

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's been quite a while since I made this transition, but it still should be pretty smooth. I doubt they will leave you without enough money to by on but maybe make sure all your payments with stuff is up to date etc before making the switch.
    I don't recall having any issues, so just fill out your papers. If they are going to be paying you less they won't be phased and won't need to decide anything, they will just give it to you once they have the details.
    Good luck with your new relationship!


Similar Threads

  1. So confused can u help me
    By littlerayofsunshine in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 30-09-2013, 17:05
  2. Confused
    By Burger12 in forum Pregnancy & Birth General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20-05-2013, 13:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

learn how you can become a reviewer!


forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
LCF Fun Languages Australia
We offer foreign language lessons for children 2-12 yrs in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or German as after-school and preschool clubs or private language tuition. This is play-based, full immersion language learning with proven results!

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!