+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st timemama View Post
    We have a 23 month age gap now and looking at a smaller age gap between #2 & #3 given my age and hubby being 44. You've got to just think about how it's going to best suit your family in all aspects
    How do you find the age gap? My first isn't walking or talking yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I never ever wanted kids. I am (currently- my parents are young) the eldest of 18 (mum had 5) so being around kids all the time, and working in childcare, was enough.
    But H so obviously loves kids and yearns for more, and I'm not AGAINST it exactly, that I just couldn't say no.

Ideal number, everything being able, is 4. But H already has two and they have to be included purely because of financial reasons (and because I adore them of course!), so technically this is #3.... but it's not

I think we may have one more, and that will be our budget max. Which is sad as I am only 27 and the thought of "being done" so early is sad, especially as I was coming around to having 4...

Oh well. Life.

ETA: H's age is also a consideration. I mean, ya, I have to carry them so 27 is fine, but at 43 and not very good at home, it can only get worse as he gets older...
    Last edited by DT75; 16-12-2015 at 10:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always planned on kids, but am tossing up on how many I actually want. Before my first child, I said 4, maybe 5 (partner is from a family of 5) after my first I said 4. Now I'm pregnant with my 2nd and it's dropping down to 3. My thinking is we will have one of each after this point, but I don't feel done. If we have 3 then we can still have a nice sedan to get around in, won't need a massive house, and I feel like I would still be able to relate to my kids more. I'm not judging anyone for having a lot of kids at all, I just think that is what would be best for our family.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gamermummy For This Useful Post:

bunkx  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    How do you find the age gap? My first isn't walking or talking yet.
    The age gap can be hard, 2yo loves the baby but gets rough sometimes. I think for us 2yo DS has been hard work because he is so full of energy and we've had to step up discipline to counteract poor behaviour but this is not everyday. My hands are full but I wouldn't change it as I think in the long run it'll be a great age gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here I am thinking my family is going to be large.. Im pregnant with my 3rd at the moment and it was not planned at all. Didn't want any more kids as I already had my pigeon pair. It has grown on me now but it's still shocking to me. It will be my second to dp. No more kidlets after this one though. I might add that I had mine fairly young. I was 17 when I had my ds and 19 when I had dd and 21 when this little one arrives. Dp will be 26

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't plan on a big family till I had DD then realized its wonderful and I wanted more!
    We started at 28, now I'm 33 and I have two kids... No contraception since just hasn't happened as fast... I'm not sure a big family is possible now, on one hand id say I wish I'd started earlier but I don't think I was ready.
    Things rarely go as planned with family planning so one has to keep in mind it might take longer than anticipated to have a certain number of kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently found out I was expecting baby number 4, pregnancy number 3 since last time we had twins. I never planned on being a large family but having 2 at once changed that for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't think I would hsve 4 kids (and want more). I had my first child at 22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi
    i never thought about children married at 17
    we now have ds 17 ,ds 15 , dd 12 , dd 8, dd5 , dd3 . ds 11 months and i am 35 few that sounds like loads lol i think i would have 1 more

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first at 23. I am now 29 and they are 6, 4, 3 and 2. We are trying for one more if my cycle ever returns which seems forever away at this point. I would easily go for up to 8 if hubby let me but I think he is being awfully generous agreeing to number 5. He originally wanted 2...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

mum7  (08-07-2016)