+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also planned to be "finished by 30". I was the eldest of 9 (DH of 2) and I told him I wanted a large family

However, I have the philosophy now that I'm open to whatever (or whomever) comes

We got married at 21 (DH was 22) and fell preg straight away to have our first 3 in 2 1/2 years and our D 2 yrs later so all 4 were under school age. Not bad for a SAHD (I've always worked full time)!

We had a natural gap then of 3 1/2 years and trained as foster carers but before we took the first kids on, we found out we were having E (I was 31), F (I was 33), G (35) and H after another 3 1/2 yr gap at 38. We miscarried I last year at 40.

I must admit that the older I get, the less energetic I feel but that could be just my general fitness. I was devastated at the loss of I but am just glad I've got so many healthy others.

We also took on an elder foster daughter between G and H who is now a single mum of 3 children under 2 1/2 so I get to be grandmotherly, too. DH began a business from home after G, too, and things got a bit more frazzled about then.

I would never tell other women how many children to plan (none of my business) but I like to reassure everyone that an extra here or there isn't too hard if they fall preg accidentally. If DH can do it, and run his business, anyone can!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsd For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (16-02-2014),KaraB  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't plan to have a large family either. I only planned 3 of mine. I'm having my 6th in 11 weeks. Actually my 7th but I lost a child to SIDS in 2000. I am really happy to have lots of children. I am so used to it like another poster said to me it doesn't feel large at all or crazy chaotic like it seems a lot of people assume it is. It's just more people to love and they're all so different it makes life interesting and fun. They all will have each other for support when they are grown and that makes me feel good. I only have one brother and we aren't close. I wished I had another sibling I could have been close to. Nothing is more important than family I'm really happy with how things turned out

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (15-02-2014),mrsd  (15-02-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    I would like a large family (hopefully ~ 4 kids). We started ttc when I was 23 (dh was 39) and just had our first at 24 (dh is 40). We want to have all our kids before dh turns 50 as its not really fair on him or the kids to have any when he is any older. I'm still very keen to have more ...hopefully we'll be able to have three more in the next 5 or so years, life permitting.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We never planned a large family but we wouldn't change a thing. We planned our first 2 in our early 20's then had 2 surprises in our late 20's - early 30's. Then we had a mmc which was a surprise pregnancy but mourned so we decided to go for #5 and I was 35. She's 2.5 now and I have the mirena....I'm a bit sad there will be no more surprises but a large family is costly...that's the only thing stopping us

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (15-02-2014),mrsd  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    Yes they are!
    Its not really the risks I'm worried about, it's space, time, money, being 40 when they start prep, lol!
    Oh lol age is just a number! It's how you feel and act that counts and young kids keep you feeling young.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Old at 30? Yikes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We always planned 4 children but I didn't want to have a baby in my 30's. I had our first when I was 25. After I had DD3 I was done and didn't want another but our little surprise came along and born a few days after I turned 30.
    I'm 32 in a few days and planning baby #5 for sometime this year.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    Old at 30? Yikes!
    Lol I know, I'm just starting

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We planned and have 4 but we married and started young we had our first at 20(me) and 19 (DH) we had our last 3 years ago when I was 27 and DH 26.

It's not a bit deal having four kids people make out like more two is HUGE it's not you adapt majority of people don't have four at once so you learn as your family grows.
    Last edited by TeamAwesome; 18-02-2014 at 14:08.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamAwesome For This Useful Post:

mrsd  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started my family at 27 and finished with -#5 at 38.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to my-fab5 For This Useful Post:

deku  (18-03-2014)