+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Toddlers and Tiaras

One word.... Disgusting!

Discuss....!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol. I love putting my judgey pants on and watching this (there's heaps on Youtube!). This was what I was going to post in the "secret guilty pleasure" thread a few days ago.

While the whole industry is kind of weird and often inappropriate, some of the families on there are actually pretty cool. You know, the parents who only let their kids do it because the kids actually want to, and don't care if they win or lose.
    I think the worst I saw was a little girl crying because "mum doesn't love me because I didn't win". The mum was seriously acting like it too. Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Deku

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As a child that was forced into beauty contests by my mother constantly until i got to an age where i was able to flat out refuse (about 11 years old) I hate the show. But my mother also used when id win against me and make me feel guilty for the other children. So it involved a lot of emotional control and torment for me. When she gave me my trophies a while ago (she didn't have room to store them anymore) i became very emotional and threw them all in the trash. She to this day thinks i should be proud of my 'wins'.. pffft. Winning what exactly?

I feel my upbringing with being forced into beauty competitions from such a young age are what contributed to me being so confident in my early adult years. Thankfully that has all been over come now, as I am now 32. But i did spend a portion of my early adult years being insecure and hung up on my appearance.

So i hate the show and can't watch it.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 15-02-2014 at 12:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 3 yr old dd and I always watch the show, its our guilty pleasue also. I agree that there are some families that are really cool and you can tell the children enjoy it and its not all about winning. Others make me so angry like the mother who goes on and on about how one of her twin daughters is much more beautiful and has more personality then the other, and I hate seeing tiny babies forced into it. Personally if my dd got to an age where she knew what she was getting into and begged me to let her do it I think *maybe* I would let her do a natural pageant , then on the hand competing to be the prettiest doesnt sit that well with me. I think kids who enjoy performing could always do dance or acting instead. I dunno I'm glad its not a huge thing here.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The parents disgust me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It horrifies me and yet I can't stop watching it..... The fake teeth things they wear, spray tans, false eyelashes and those dresses..

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bizarre concept I think, making little girls compete against one another based on who is prettier and the shallow inadequacies of their parents.
    I have watched it and find it both shocking yet strangely addictive! I just sit there shaking my head- I can't believe how stupid some people are.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I'm soooo addicted!!! So wrong though :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    As a child that was forced into beauty contests by my mother constantly until i got to an age where i was able to flat out refuse (about 11 years old) I hate the show. But my mother also used when id win against me and make me feel guilty for the other children. So it involved a lot of emotional control and torment for me. When she gave me my trophies a while ago (she didn't have room to store them anymore) i became very emotional and threw them all in the trash. She to this day thinks i should be proud of my 'wins'.. pffft. Winning what exactly?

I feel my upbringing with being forced into beauty competitions from such a young age are what contributed to me being so confident in my early adult years. Thankfully that has all been over come now, as I am now 32. But i did spend a portion of my early adult years being insecure and hung up on my appearance.

So i hate the show and can't watch it.
    So sorry your mum put you through that. That's why I find it disgusting. Unless the child is old enough to ask to be part of it, then it's so selfish on the parents behalf. Even then, what is it teaching our daughters? They should love themselves, fake tan, false teeth and make up or not.