+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No period post pill

Hi I am 31 and considering trying to conceive. I went off the pill in August last year and am yet to have a period. I was on the pill for 15 years. My GP started me on a cycle of hormones which did bring on a period but then next month has come by and nothing. All pregnancy tests have been -ve. All blood tests re hormones, pre-conception, prolactin, FSH are all normal. My GP wants to refer me to a gynae. I am really starting to worry. Has anyone been in my situation?

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It took 8 months for my body to ovulate after coming off the pill.
    Sometimes your body just needs to re adjust

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Postpill View Post
    Hi I am 31 and considering trying to conceive. I went off the pill in August last year and am yet to have a period. I was on the pill for 15 years. My GP started me on a cycle of hormones which did bring on a period but then next month has come by and nothing. All pregnancy tests have been -ve. All blood tests re hormones, pre-conception, prolactin, FSH are all normal. My GP wants to refer me to a gynae. I am really starting to worry. Has anyone been in my situation?
    Very likely your body is just trying to adjust but a pelvic ultrasound might put your mind at ease. They could check for things like pcos etc. Are you in a healthy weight range ? Being over or under may also be making complicating your cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. That is comforting that others took a while to start ovulation after the pill. I feel so alone as none of my friends have had any issues coming off the pill and their cycles started back normally. My BMI is 20 and lead an extremely active lifestyle exercising 5-6 days per week for an hour. My GP says I'm exercising too much (which I really don't think is the case) but I have scaled it back and doing less impact. I have looked into PCOS but I have never had any symptoms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Much the same boat here. 29 years old and been off bc since August (after 12 years on it).
    I had the breakthrough bleed straight after coming off the pill. I eventually got my period after 103 days.
    I am now day 90 and still nothing. I have a referral to a gynae in two weeks. I don't believe I fit the pcos profile either. But I can't be sure. I can't wait for this appt. as I am tired of the 'what ifs?' An just want to regulate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is it possible you don't have enough body fat? Body fat is very important in hormone production, and it's a known fact that once you get down to a certain level of body fat you stop ovulating. Having said that, the two times I conceived I was very fit, so in itself being fit isn't a bad thing when it comes to conceiving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you pinchka and Hollywood. I also have a referral to a gynaecologist and await an appointment end of this month. I have also seen a naturopath who has given me some herbal concoction based on my iridology and suggested changing my diet as per my blood group. She is also doing accupuncture to try and bring on my cycle. My BMI is in the healthy range so I assume that I gave enough body fat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It took my body 8 months to sort itself out after coming off the pill (had been on it for 12 years). I ended up seeing a naturopath who put me on herbs which regulated my cycle within 2 months. A few months later I conceived DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Took me a few months also... Naturopath herbs really helped! Tasted like crap but helped to regulate my cycles.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was pff off the pill for over three months, with no period (and can't even remember the last time I had a period before that as I was skipping it most of the time). Then I fell pregnant straight away when we started trying, even without any sign of my period. So you might be fine...just a waiting game x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app