+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry to hear your devastating news - I just so sad for you... There is a fight ahead of you that you will get through and you will absolutely find strength here, even in the dark hours, so please take some comfort in that. Please remember that you are not alone in what I'm sure feels like a very lonely journey. Sending all my wishes that you kick cancer's a$$ and get through this ordeal as quickly as you can. Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Juzz For This Useful Post:

Life is Good  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing. My heart sank when I read your post.
    I had only a scare at 30 with biopsies and operations to remove the lump was awful. I can't imagine what you are going through, but as others have said stay strong, this disease can be beaten. Hugs xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mmumm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    So sorry to hear wishing you strength to get through this. I've really got to start checking my breasts more. I've sort of been too scared after removal of precancerous cells on my cervix, while that turned out ok in the end it was a wake up call that I'm not invincible to the big C and I'm scared of what I could find if I check :/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so very very much for your support and kind words.

I've been feeling very sick to the stomach ever since the diagnosis. Lots of tears. As I can't talk about it yet, I've texted a couple of girlfriends and they've been amazingly supportive. All want to see me and hug me and talk to me but I'm just not up to verbally discussing it yet with anyone.

I'm going to have to travel to see my family this weekend to break the news to them. They will be devastated. I'm not looking forward to it. I break down just at the thought of telling them.

My Husband has been amazing. We've shared our worries, shed lots of tears together and been a great support to eachother. I've not discussed it or shed any tears in front of my 8yo DD. I want everything to be as normal as possible for her until we have no choice but tell her. I know it's something I'm going to have to do soon.

I've made my peace with losing my breast. I've spoken to a friend that had a preventative double mastectomy. They tried to save her skin and nipples but couldn't so she needed full reconstructive surgery. She has offered to show me her breasts, so when I'm stronger I'll take her up on it.

I'm always the one supporting others, I don't know how to accept help and support from others. I've always been a very independent and self sufficient person. But I guess, I'll have no choice but to learn.

Thanks again everyone for your support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness, I just saw this. Imsooverit, I am so, so sorry to hear this. I'm sending you love and hugs, and am astounded by your bravery in sharing this with us.

Please don't feel that you can't ask for help and support. If you need to cry, rant and rave, whatever helps- do so. If you need to let it all out and talk about every single thing, or not say anything at all, know that we are all here for you no matter what.

Don't feel that you have to show a brave face for others, do what you makes you feel the best. It can be hard accepting support from others when you are so independent, but those around you will want to help and support you not because they don't think you are strong which you obviously are, but because they love you.

Your DH sounds wonderful and full of love for you. Together you can beat this b@stard.
    Sending lots of good wishes and love your way

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mamaof4 For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Imsooverit, I'm just checking in to see how things are going for you? No worries if you are not up to posting, as you probably have a million things going on.
    I just wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my thoughts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    You in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto, I've been thinking about you heaps too and your family. Wishing you lots of strength xx

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have been thinking of you too xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry you are facing this. Wishing you the best for your treatment and recovery.