+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My Mammogram and Biopsy experience/worry

In December I found a soft lump in my breast. Contacted the breast screen place and booked in a scan. Earliest áppointment was January 28th.

All good - I wasn't stressing because Google and I are in a relationship and he told me that breast cancers are hard (like a dried pea).

Received a call back for today. Had a little sook at the call back, but pulled on my big girl panties, sucked it up and remembering what my boyfriend Google told me, I went in all positive. They took me in a room where a lady performed a physical feel of my boob. All good. I was then sent in for a second mammogram, then an ultrasound.

Had two ladies performing the ultrasound. Lots of half sentences, secret talk between them and some measuring. Still all good. Positive frame of mind. They then had the Dr come in look at results and advise they would like to do a biopsy.

Still all good. But, they would like a different view, so back in to get a third mammogram. Hmmmm concerned - but still good. Was then taken back into the ultrasound room where 5 people were waiting (lady that did the physical exam, two ultrasound ladies, the Doctor and another random lady). Hmmm, feeling very special by this time.

Surgeon then came in (so me and 6 others) who then performed more ultrasound (Im assuming to locate the spot/spots) and then the biopsy started. They took 4 / 5 biopsy samples and pushed and prodded and goodness knows what they did. They had to make a couple of incisions and put some grabber thing in which kept going off like an ear piercing gun (as they grabbed the samples). Even though I had a local, it still hurt and to top it off, I could feel the blood running around my side and to my back. All good, but starting to get a little worried. It was my belief from the brochure it would just be a long needle.

The Surgeon then took fluid from my lymph nodes (just because they were there). I am soooooo sore. Up to my 8th ice pack since it finished at lunch time.

I don't get the results until next Friday. Whilst I'm still fairly positive, I am a little worried. I am only 40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and not reply. Hoping for positive results for you next Friday. Sending big hugs and positive vibes your way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amazonbaby For This Useful Post:

Life is Good  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my goodness, how scary for you... I had a few moles removed recently and a wait to find out if they were anything to worry about. Google was not my friend and I had the worst week imaginable waiting. I do tend to catastrophise though. You sound very grounded (and quite rightly miserable). I hope you get some relief from the discomfort and wishing you the all clear for next week. Xx

Sent from my HTC One X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

Life is Good  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your well wishes.

I woke about 3am this morning and had a slight panic attack. I felt like my chest was caving in and fought the urge to have a good cry. I told myself I was being silly. I only feel upset when I think about my 8yo dd. I think if anything happens to me, no other woman will love her as much as I do and who will cater to her little idiosyncrasies like I do. That's when it hits me.

I've pulled myself together this morning and looking to be positive again. I'm all good when I don't think about it.

I'm not sure why I even wrote. I'm not one to really share problems. If Bubhub had a delete function (like facebook) I probably would have deleted my post about 5 minutes after I posted. I guess I'm glad I didn't because I feel I can share my feelings with everyone here without worrying my Husband.

Thanks for listening ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found Monday quite rough. DD is back at school and I had more time to myself to think. Broke down while putting the groceries in the car. Such a sook! But back to my positive frame of mind.

My bruising (from the biopsy site) has really improved. The pain is also nearly gone, just a twinge every now and again.

Looking forward to the all clear on Friday.

(Tried to attach a photo of the bruising - tape is still over incision spots. It surprises me how good it's looking now compared to 24 hours after).

WP_20140219_008.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hugs, I went into meltdown mode the other week. Convinced dh I had months to live, made him get someone in to value the house. I know how awful a scare is, fingers crossed for you xxx

Sent from my HTC One X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to veggiemama For This Useful Post:

Life is Good  (21-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm a bit of a mess.

Received the dreadful news today that I have breast cancer. Looks like I've got 2 cancers close together in my left breast and possibly a third in another spot (but may be thickening from aging - won't know till they investigate further).

I've got to get a referral to a Surgeon, who I'm told should see me within 48 hrs. Then an MRI and then surgery with Chemo and Radio.

When asked whether we got them early, the surgeon didn't really answer. Said we'd know further after the MRI.

The general feel I get from the surgeon (from her wording) is that it's fairly advanced and I'll be getting a masectomy, going through Chemo and Radio and then look at reconstructive surgery. She said they most probably can't save the skin and nipple to have reconstructive surgery at the same time because of the radiotherapy.

Lots of tears and fear. So much for my positive thinking.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Life is Good For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no. I am so sorry to read this. Sending much strength your way to get through all you have to. Do you have people around you who can support you & give you the care & understanding you need right now?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Life is Good  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh imsooverit I have just seen your original post, I'm so so sorry you are going through this. Please stay positive, keep up the good nutrition to help your body recover well from treatment and take comfort in the fact that survival rates are very high in breast cancer patients, especially when you are so young. This subject is close to my heart and I will be thinking of you. I hope the biopsy bruising has gone down, that looked painful.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so sorry to hear the results sending you some positive thoughts and lots of love!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post: