+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Questions

Hi ladies, hope you are all going well.

I have a couple of questions that you may be able to help me out on.

I had egg collection done on Monday 10/2, then transfer on Wednesday 12/2 (we only had 1 egg fertilise). So, was Monday considered day 0, then Tues day 1 and wednesday day 2 - essentially did I have a day 2 transfer ? Or is it Monday day 1, Tuesday day 2, Wednesday day 3 ?

Also, when transfer is done is that classed as day 0, or 1 - essentially today (friday) am I day 2 or 3 post transfer ?

I hope that makes sense.

Also, how some of you ladies POAS before …. I think I have read somewhere that certain fertility meds can give you a false positive. I was on/am taking Puregon, Orgalutran, Ovidrel and Crinone… I will try and hold out till the blood test, but was wondering if I was to POAS would it potentially give me a false reading ?

My doc has told me to have the blood test on Friday 28/2 - which seems forever away… I am trying to remain hopeful but at the same time need to be realistic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi agirlikemel!

The day of epu is Day 0, so you had a Day 2 transfer. ie Day 1 is 24 hours after IVF/ICSI.

The day of transfer is also Day 0 so you are 2dpt (2 days past transfer).

In terms of drugs interfering with POAS, I'm not exactly sure but I do know the ovidrel trigger stays in your system for maybe 9 days or something? The other drugs won't affect the results. I always avoided testing but that was a personal choice. On a BFN cycle, I usually started bleeding a few days before my blood test. On my 2 positive cycles I POAS the night before my bt. I wanted to prepare myself if it was bad news as I had my hopes up. Good luck, I hope you get a BFP!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Agirllikemel  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby2010 - thanks a lot for providing that info.

I am going to try and avoid POAS but was just curious. I can only imagine how upsetting getting a false positive would be.

A 2 day transfer is quite an early one from what I understand - I assume they did that because of the 3 eggs they did collect only 1 fertilised - so they thought they would give me the best chance to succeed ? Apparenlty it was at 5 cells on transfer day and was told this was as good as could be expected for this time....

Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm actually a big fan of the early transfer. They usually transfer early if you have low egg numbers to make sure you get a transfer. If they leave it until Day 5, there's every chance something may go wrong and you don't get a transfer at all. There are plenty of FS who believe that an embryo that doesn't make Day 5 in the lab, may produce a pregnancy if transferred back to its natural environment. My 2 pregnancies have been from fairly average Day 3 embryos, and I had an ealy miscarriage from a very poor quality Day 2 transfer. The FS gave it a 5% chance of a pregnancy. I know it didn't make it, but it certainly did more than anyone expected! You really never know what will happen in a cycle. The first cycle is often a nit of trial and error, so stay positive, whatever the outcome. You are young and have evety chance of achieving your dream.