+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's awesome - in a situation where it all feels so out of control you've gotta grab control where you can! When DH goes over this week he's going to mention to Penny 9who runs the clinic we're going to) that if we can have a greek donor that would be appreciated. They often use polish and Ukraine donors - which given my pale skin might look more like me - but DH is greek, so greek characteristics wouldn't be out of place for us, we just think that it will be easier for our bubbas if they at least have a common ethnic hertiage as DH's family - rather than something different altogether. We are involved in some of the greek traditions etc (mostly food oriented!!!)... but at the end of the day, we'll be happy with whatever donor Penny says is best.

Love that you guys got on it and made your decisions and got it all happening so quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So true! You sometimes just feel like you need to have at least a little control!

Surely your nurse will take into account your wishes, after all it is going to be your baby!! That would be nice, having a baby with the same heritage

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my BFP today

Now I'm really looking forward to the 7 week scan - firstly because I'm hoping to see a heartbeat (previous two pregnancies never got there) and secondly cos we'll see how many munchkins are on board (POAS indicated high HCG, BT is next week).

Life is good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations!! That is awesome news! I can't wait to hear how it gpes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lukeandbeck For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (30-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeandbeck View Post
    Congratulations!! That is awesome news! I can't wait to hear how it gpes
    First BT on monday had hcg of 1399 and todays BT was 2738, so everything is great and might be twins. We have a scan next week and will find out how many munchkins are on board then - can't wait!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lukeandbec,
    my name is Sonia and I'm new to this site.
    Im hoping my story helps you.i too do IVF here in Australia for years and due to the fact I had cancer in my 20's I was left with very few eggs and was told I needed doner egg... i am now 42 and during one of my many iui I was looking up symptoms and came across a site called Fertility Crete... It's an IVF clinic on the island of Crete on the Greek islands... To cut a long story short we decided to combine a holiday to greece with a cycle of IVF... All I can say is that it has been one of the best experiences of my life! I now have a beautiful 5 month old gorgeous little girl! The doctor and staff were incredible and I felt so comfortable ...it wasn't all smooth sailing though,I fell pregnant the first time and unfortunately miscarried the day before we were to fly home.... But I gave it one more try knowing realistically that the first time is always not successful...so I went back for 3 weeks 3 months later and fell pregnant again straight away and now here I am with my little angel telling you my story and just wanting to give everyone hope that it can really work and don't be scared to follow your heart and your gut .