+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just got the letter from my old fs. The clinics he lists are the one I went to in Greece (Genesis) us a heap of American ones - I'll bet they're pricey! And two in South Africa cape fertility clinic, and medfem fertility clinic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the info guys

it it looks like we have chosen Prague! We have had great communication from the clinics, the prices are affordable and they have a return guarantee!

At this point Arleta is our front runner, fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh! So exciting!! When do you think you'll go? So much great stuff to do around Prague on non-treatment days too! One of my best friends is Czech, and so is her hubby. She is a tall willowy blonde (gorgeous!) and he looks like Brad Cooper ... We like those kind of donors

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exciting and very scary! Hubby will be heading over in April to leave his deposit. I'll be going over in June. We don't have anyone to stay and look after our animals so we have to go seperately.

It seems like such a long way away but I'm sure it will be here before I know it!

Wow! I hope we get a great donor, it's very scary not knowing what the donor looks like!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Prague. I'm also going to go and spend a week or so exploring Rome and Venice!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time is going to fly! I can barely believe hubby goes to Greece next week, feels like we only decided to do this a few minutes ago!

Having someone care for the animals is tough. It's so much easier for us this time because we're going seperately so one of us is always home to care for the pooches.

Not seeing the donor photo is weird hey. In a way, it will be easier if we get pregnant with boys who look just like hubby Better not be daughters that look like hubby - he'd make a pretty hairy chick!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting, you must be beside yourself! I can't wait to hear how it all goes!!

It is really hard, I think it's difficult for "non" dog people to understand the stress involved with leaving your fur babies!

Yep, it's a difficult decision to make. We really struggled with "what if it's a ungly donor and our baby is ugly" I know that sounds bad but it was a really big concern for us.

LOL, no you probably don't want hairy little girl babies! but sweet little non hairy girls would be nice though! I'd love to have a daughter!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha! When we are away from home for more than half an hour, hubby starts patting and whistling every dog he sees - hopeless While we're away I become desperate for photos of what my boys (2 pooches) are up to - poor dog/housesitter. And then when we arrive home after a trip, we race each other to the front door so as to be the first one through for the massive welcome - so we're both hopeless!

We thought about 'ugly donor' thing too - shallow as it sounds. I think its just that you want everything in your childs life to be easier rather than harder, and reality is, on most occasions good looks are more likely to make things easier! Serum talks about that on their website, but in reality who knows whether the donor is 'attractive' or not, and besides attractive can be pretty broadly defined - I'm pretty happy with the generous spirit the donor obviously has But if she can also have similar characteristics as me - that would be awesome!

I'm getting really impatient now - bring it on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL, you guys sound just like us! Our animals are our children and allways will be! We have 7 dogs, 4 cats and 3 horses

I agree, that's my biggest concern, that being ugly bring unnecessary hardships in life. You are right though, pretty is really in the eye of the beholder, the best I can hope for is that the baby gets her compassionate spirit!

I'm really looking forward to hearing how you go!

We have committed to a clinic and picked our donor last night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting for you! Do you get to pick your own donor? Can you see photos? That would be great - in Greece its totally anonymous so you don't see photos and only get minimal information. Which clinic did you choose? I'd love to google

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, very exciting!!

We went with Arleta IVF http://arleta-ivf.co.uk
    We got to choose the donor but with minimal information. It at least gave us the feeling of having some control though!