+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Babies that wake during the night still

I'm just wondering what other mums do.

My son is 6.5 months and stopped sleeping through just before he hit the 5 month mark.
    My daughter (now 2.5) did exactly the same thing. It went on until she was 12 months.
    I can't complain too much because they have both been easy enough to get back to sleep with a quick boobie (I know feeding to sleep probably isn't ideal but we only do it at night)

I'm just wondering what other mums in my position have done? Just ride it out like I did with dd or try and take some action.

I'm happy to ride it out if needed because I know even if it does go on as long as it did with his sister - it's really only a short period.
    But on the other hand of there's a simple way to get him out of the habit I'm happy to try

He wakes 1-3 times a night.
    Goes down at 7pm
    Might wake at 9:30pm
    Might also wake at 12:30am
    Usually always wakes at 3:30am

His sister used to only wake at 3:30am.

Terrific day sleepers though.

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ride it out.

i certainly don't expect babies (under 1 yr) to sleep through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd 10months has spurts of sttn then nights were she can wake sometimes up to 6 times. I always try to pat her back to sleep in the cot first, if that fails will pick her up and nurse her then if that fails bf her which always works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    ride it out.

i certainly don't expect babies (under 1 yr) to sleep through.
    This.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Ride it out.

My now 8 month old slept through from about 3 months to 7 months then he got quite sick with an infection amd everything went to shi7 lol.

I feed and rock him to sleep each time he wakes and I have no intention of stopping that, I love it. I rocked my now 3.5yr old to sleep until he was 2.5

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    I'm just wondering what other mums do.

My son is 6.5 months and stopped sleeping through just before he hit the 5 month mark.
    My daughter (now 2.5) did exactly the same thing. It went on until she was 12 months.
    I can't complain too much because they have both been easy enough to get back to sleep with a quick boobie (I know feeding to sleep probably isn't ideal but we only do it at night)

I'm just wondering what other mums in my position have done? Just ride it out like I did with dd or try and take some action.

I'm happy to ride it out if needed because I know even if it does go on as long as it did with his sister - it's really only a short period.
    But on the other hand of there's a simple way to get him out of the habit I'm happy to try

He wakes 1-3 times a night.
    Goes down at 7pm
    Might wake at 9:30pm
    Might also wake at 12:30am
    Usually always wakes at 3:30am

His sister used to only wake at 3:30am.

Terrific day sleepers though.

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby
    Exactly the same wake ups as DD2 has (9 months).
    DD1 stole all the awesome sleep, she STTN 95% of the time from 8 weeks.

I just figure she'll sleep through at some point and at the end of the day its such a short period of time out of my life.

Thank heavens for boobies.

Totally in love with our two beautiful little girls.
    Feb 2011 and May 2013

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ride it out, doesn't sound too bad compared to my bub of similar age! If you're sure it's not hunger causing a wake up I would try to pat back to sleep rather than boobie though :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to ride it out as long as possible. With both boys I didn't have the intention of night-weaning until 12 months, but after months of 1-2 hourly wakings with DS1 I night-weaned at 9 months, and a similar story with DS2 who is 10 months and I'm currently night weaning. If it were 1-2 wakings I would just boob back to sleep because it's so much quicker than rocking/ patting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done controlled crying but whilst it works the results are never permanent- ie last a few weeks then teething/ developmental milestone/ wonder week hits so it's all gone again.
    I just feed back to sleep now. Dd is 12.5 months and has good patches ie sleeps 11-12 hours with one quick wake up, and awful ones waking 3+ times a night.
    Eta: controlled crying has gotten harder as she's gotten older- mobile and more vocal - so that's why I ride it out now. Bad patches never last too long. Just when I say I'm going to sleep train dd again, it ends and good sleep returns.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 14-02-2014 at 12:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd ride it out.