+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blessed Be View Post
    I also want to add I find it really odd she is able to talk so calmly to the media already - and is already being so 'forgiving' towards the killer (father)

Its almost like she knew the day would come and she was already mentally prepared for it... like you would be with a loved one dying from a terminal illness. It still kills you, but you're more prepared. She seems so prepared already. I personally wouldn't even be able to stand, or speak ... let alone talk to the media.

Its not sitting too well with me TBH that she seems so prepared for this... i don't like the idea in my mind at all that she knew this would happen. Maybe she is in terrible shock, where it really just hasn't hit her yet. Not that I wish that upon her either.... But i just couldn't imagine living the rest of my life knowing i knew this would happen to my son eventually. And then it happening.... I just can't comprehend it. This is one of the worst stories I have heard in a long time. He sounds like a cold sadistic mongrel. Im so angry and upset about it. Glad he's dead. If only he could have suffered more. Should have left him to bleed out like he did his own child.

I am sorry if my post offends. I have been struggling with this all day. I think we all have.

I just have to ask - did she see it actually happen? Apparently she was very close to where it happened.... did she witness it? I know things can happen very fast ...
    You said you are "sorry if this offends", well yeah, its pretty insensitive to attack (maybe not attack, but to question?) a mother who just lost her child, because you don't feel comfortable about how she is grieving.

As for mental illness etc- yeah I tend to think obviously things aren't quite right, because 'mentally healthy' people don't kill their kids. I don't think 'empathy' is the word I would use to describe how I feel, towards the father, but maybe 'grace'?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdgirl View Post
    So yeh it's my opinion that the mother made an error in trusting him at all, anywhere.
    I think she focused too much on him trying to hurt her and went into fantasy land
    Please, please, can we not lay any blame on his Mum.

She is not at fault in any way at all, what so ever, no way, no how, the end.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

babyla  (14-02-2014),callmedragon22  (13-02-2014),HappyBovinexx  (13-02-2014),IvyRain  (14-02-2014),LoveLivesHere  (14-02-2014),majo  (14-02-2014),Mod-pegasus  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),Purple Lily  (13-02-2014),rainbow road  (14-02-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-02-2014),smallpotatoes  (14-02-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I can't comprehend how someone could (presumably) go from overwhelming love for their own child to willingly killing them, regardless of motive. It's chilling and frankly I don't want to understand.
    I hope that the mother and the boy's friends/witnesses take some comfort in the outpouring of grief that is being shown.
    Exactly- I feel the same way. The mother is obviously a very kind hearted generous woman. Maybe I'm not so much because if my sons father did this to him it wouldn't matter what I thought prior I would be very angry and would find it impossible to say anything good about him. It's just unthinkable. Didnt it say there was some sort of intervention order in place and this sporting event was one of the few places he was allowed to see his son? Something had to have been seriously wrong if his access was restricted that much, and rightly so obviously.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Bluebirdgirl every day in Australia children are ordered by the courts to spend unsupervised time with their abusive fathers. This because current family law favours children having a relationship with both parents over pretty much all else. I said in my previous post that it is not an uncommon scenario for court orders to contravene DOCS, placing women in a no win situation.

While we do not know the intricate details of this case, it is not the mothers fault that her child has been violently murdered by his father. She has done nothing wrong. Please do not blame the victims.
    Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    You said you are "sorry if this offends", well yeah, its pretty insensitive to attack (maybe not attack, but to question?) a mother who just lost her child, because you don't feel comfortable about how she is grieving.

As for mental illness etc- yeah I tend to think obviously things aren't quite right, because 'mentally healthy' people don't kill their kids. I don't think 'empathy' is the word I would use to describe how I feel, towards the father, but maybe 'grace'?
    I am not attacking or questioning, I am trying to understand. I stated that I acknowledge in my post that she is most likely suffering shock, but if she was also expecting this day to come from her history with the father, yes that does NOT sit well with me and never will. I don't care who i offend when i say that. I don't blame her. But I can't be content with it either. The police even said it, that it was going to happen no matter what... I personally do not doubt with her experience with the father that she also knew it was bound to happen. Otherwise why was he constricted to a 'public place' only arrangement? That's pretty damn serious even with how lenient the courts are with this sort of thing.

I am not having a go at her grieving, I am confused about why it even got to this. Why a man so dangerous and unstable was able to be left alone long enough for this to happen. Why she trusted.... but he was clearly a master manipulator as well. Its normal to have questions and concerns as a mother myself though. It sounds like the monster even waited for the mother to be distracted and then made his move. I respect we're not dealing with a black and white case here. It just hurt me to read the police state it was bound to happen at some stage.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, but how can you suggest that she would allow him access to her beloved son, if she 'knew it was bound to happen'? She stated that she was only ever fearful for her own safety, not for her son's.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

Mod-pegasus  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),Purple Lily  (14-02-2014),SoThisIsLove  (14-02-2014),Stiflers Mom  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cannot get this story out of my head, I feel so ill and upset. I truly hope everyone that had to witness this tragedy, the boys mother, family and friends can all find peace within themselves at some point and can heal. I don't understand why anyone has to bury their children, it's not fair. this will stay with me for a very long time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    Sorry, but how can you suggest that she would allow him access to her beloved son, if she 'knew it was bound to happen'? She stated that she was only ever fearful for her own safety, not for her son's.
    IMO it goes hand in hand. Think what you like Annabella, im not in the mood to debate this with you we're all entitled to our opinions. We're all upset over this. Sorry that you don't agree with me, i don't expect anyone to, im just processing it in my mind as much as you are. I wont deny though that I feel ****ed off a innocent child has lost their life in a brutal cold blooded way by someone they believed they could trust. Clearly all along the danger was not only just directed towards the mother. Now the kid is dead. It don't get much worse than that.

Edit: I commend her on coping with this the way she knows how in order to survive it, as i probably would have offed myself by now. Choosing love, and positivity - even to the one person who committed the horrendous crime. That's quite a stance that I personally have not witnessed before.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 13-02-2014 at 23:47. Reason: Added post quote

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is more to the story as it unfolds. I Just feel so sorry for this woman who is suffering the loss of her only child, her son Luke.
    Rosie has lost everything and there's nothing anyone can do.
    Please consider that since she was a domestic violence victim, it is possible that she has been taking anti-depressants and that would explain her 'calmness' that some people may be concerned about. Of course I'm not stating this as fact but just as a possibility since the dad had been tormenting the mum for many years.
    R.I.P Luke.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SixtiesChild For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),Serenity Love  (13-02-2014)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is absolutely heartbreaking for the mother, and all of Luke's friends and family.

I can certainly see how public places are seen as "okay". I know when I first met my children's biological mother, handover was to be at a public place as she had a history of violence against their father (my DH, and others). However, on the first meeting (a handover at a Maccas where she'd asked for me to be present), I ended up placing abuse charges on her due to her behaviour. In that situation, she'd planned her attack, waited till she had the children, drove the car away from where she was originally, parked it with the kids in and came back and started attacking myself and my husband. I won't go into the heartbreak and turmoil that came with the next 14years of access, but I can certainly empathise with parents that fear everytime they deliver their child to an access visit, every time they are even in the same vicinity as the other parent, and waiting to make sure the child is actually coming to an access visit.

I would imagine the mother is in the depths of both shock and grief and I applaud her grace in this situation.

I've had a great deal to do with people with mental health issues, but have to say, when I hear of a tragedy like this, mental health issues aren't the first thing I think of when trying to make sense of them - it's drugs. When I hear people acting in an irrational manner - it's frequently when they are under the influence - whether that's due to them trying to self medicate or otherwise, that's what scares me.

I don't want to speculate on this situation anymore at the moment - there is enough speculation that goes on with any news story. I'm sure we'll find out more in days to come as the media goes on their frenzy. I just hope they don't stake out the mother too much, as something that breaks my heart when hearing of tragedies such as this is seeing the loved ones with microphones shoved in their faces when what they need is to be surrounded by people they love not being pushed to say stuff when they are in the grip of something bigger than anything most of us can't fully imagine.

RIP Luke

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (14-02-2014),LoveLivesHere  (14-02-2014),Mokeybear  (14-02-2014)