+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I think people draw mental illness card because there's just no way a person of sound mind would do that!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-02-2014),Bluebirdgirl  (13-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),WiseOldOwl  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Makes me feel physically ill, how people can use their children as the ultimate act of revenge just is incomprehensible to me. I don't understand enough about mental illness to know what it can make people capable of, but I have no empathy and the west gate bridge haunts me every time I drive over it.

I can only assume the mother is so calm because she is in so much denial. I hate to think that she has had to prepare herself mentally for this day, clearly she knew how unstable he was. What a horrid time she must have had in her life. Regardless of her reaction I can't even begin to fathom how she must feel, beyond devastation.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am always one of the first to explore and take into account the mental illness side of things when tragedies such as this occur. I have fought tooth and nail to not defend, but highlight the existence and realities of certain delusion inducing mental illnesses, on this forum in the past and also in discussions/debates with people in my life. I am often the only one of my friends and family who thinks past the "burn them at the stake" mentality as I truly believe that it takes a sick, very ill mind to commit such atrocities. But I am honestly feeling like I really don't know anymore. Maybe evil really does exist in people, maybe he really was just a psychopathic narc hell bent on getting revenge. Yeah there are definitely cases where the killer was suffering a real psychological episode, but for the first time I am really questioning it before running with it. I know the mother stated that they (father and son) shared a loving relationship, but the details of this crime have really just made me sick to my core and I am leaning towards pure evilness with this man.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (13-02-2014),callmedragon22  (13-02-2014),cluckcluck  (13-02-2014),mrsoptomistic  (13-02-2014),RipperRita  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mental illness? Maybe. That is often used to help explain away some of the horror, maybe make such an unspeakable act a little bit... Less rough to hear?

Plain out bat sh-the revengeful hateful act of utter violence? Maybe. But no one really wants to hear that.

That poor boy. Can he have a few more minutes with his dad? Jesus. Can you imagine the shock that poor mother is in. How does one begin to process such an atrocity? Such a loss. How violent. I hope she can find something to help her get through this. But I know it'll be a loss forever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Theres no where near enough help for parents with real concerns about their childrens safety. Having going through it myself you just get treated like you're trying to be spiteful. Theres organisations that help with supervised visits etc but ultimately unless its court ordered you really cant do a thing. Getting it to court is just a nightmare in the first place, because no one ever believes you

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-02-2014),Atropos  (14-02-2014),HappyBovinexx  (13-02-2014),Stiflers Mom  (13-02-2014)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by *Chels* View Post
    I for one am disgusted at how many beautiful children are losing their innocent lives at the hands of the people who brought them into this world!! and its always the same excuse- "mental illness".Sorry,but its a copout and it just makes the people actually suffering look like fools.It just makes me soooo angry!!!!
    I don't think anyone is using it as an excuse for the actions. It's possibly the only way to make any sense of it. No one of sound mind would hurt their own child like that therefore they must not be of sound mind. Any rational parent wouldn't think twice about taking a bullet, severing a limb or jumping off a cliff if it meant keeping their child safe. The only way to make any sort of sense of it is to assume that he had serious mental health issues and I think that's all people are doing.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-02-2014),Atropos  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),Purple Lily  (14-02-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    I don't think anyone is using it as an excuse for the actions. It's possibly the only way to make any sense of it. No one of sound mind would hurt their own child like that therefore they must not be of sound mind. Any rational parent wouldn't think twice about taking a bullet, severing a limb or jumping off a cliff if it meant keeping their child safe. The only way to make any sort of sense of it is to assume that he had serious mental health issues and I think that's all people are doing.
    I agree. I think it's helpful to think of mental illness as purely being the opposite of mental health, rather than thinking in terms of specific conditions. A mentally healthy person simply would not do something like this. It's not the same as saying he had no control over his actions.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-02-2014),~Marigold~  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been in an emotionally abusive relationship, I got out when it looked like it was heading toward being physical.
    My ex was no where near what this man on his best day was and I still didn't trust him with my kids for a really long time and now it's his partner I trust more when he has them stay over.
    Why, because I could never trust him in the first place.
    So yeh it's my opinion that the mother made an error in trusting him at all, anywhere.
    I think she focused too much on him trying to hurt her and went into fantasy land that he was incapable of harming their child, which seems delusional to me because clearly these type of men know that hurting the mother hurts the child therefore have little regard for the child really.
    She was a victim yes and so was her son and in the end the ultimate victim.
    Are we to believe no one saw an outburst coming? I just don't see how she could trust him to love their son so much but not trust him at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Bluebirdgirl because you have been yourself a victim in abusive relationships then it's on to point the finger and blame another victim?!

the only responsible here is clearly the father. I can't believe what you wrote.

You realize this is a public forum and families could read this thread?
    Keep the blaming for yourself, Im sure this poor mum is blaming herself enough for everything and anything.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-02-2014),Atropos  (14-02-2014),HappyBovinexx  (13-02-2014),LoveLivesHere  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh really please you think that's what I was saying?

It's ok for you to attack me for my thoughts though?

Seeing as this is a trigger subject I doubt people who are distressed are reading this.

A forum is a place for opinion not personally singling out people got having one.
    You misconstrued me anyways

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (13-02-2014)