+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if we as a country could take this tragedy and make it meaningful? If we could take to the streets and say no more. Women and children will no longer lose their lives because of family violence. To make law makers policy makers, politicians take notice? To make everyone in every community know that family violence will not be tolerated and victims will be supported and helped and not blamed.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-02-2014),Atropos  (14-02-2014),GluttonForPunishment  (14-02-2014),IvyRain  (14-02-2014),KaraB  (14-02-2014),LoveLivesHere  (14-02-2014),peanutmonkey  (14-02-2014),xyz987  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if we as a country could take this tragedy and make it meaningful? If we could take to the streets and say no more. Women and children will no longer lose their lives because of family violence. To make law makers policy makers, politicians take notice? To make everyone in every community know that family violence will not be tolerated and victims will be supported and helped and not blamed.
    I believe this is exactly why Rosie put her grief aside and spoke to the media. She appears a very intelligent lady who realised the media will move on quickly, another tragedy will become front page news and her window to honour her son and try to bring about something positive from such a horrendous tragedy would be gone. It makes me sad people can judge and see it as anything else.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xyz987 For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (14-02-2014),IvyRain  (14-02-2014),NoteToSelf  (14-02-2014),ourbradybunch  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    I am positively sickened by the victim blaming and the questioning of the mother's reactions by some in this thread. Comments like "how can she be so calm", "I would have offed myself", "I wouldn't have been able to speak with the media soon".
    As since you are clearly aiming your sickened reaction towards me, I would like to advise that you have misunderstood me completely. I respect this is a very upsetting story, as it has deeply effected me also as I still haven't stopped thinking about it all day at work, so i understand the sensitivity to reading other peoples opinions, but what I am basically trying to say is this man has clearly been tormenting her for years and years and to me it seems she has been through so much hell that she is quite conditioned now to the antics of this deranged man. That in itself gives me some insight to exactly the hell he has put her through for years. That's my take on this anyways. She even said herself this has been a 11 year battle.

When I say "Id off myself" etc, I am not having a go at her because she hasn't done that, or whatever else you seem to think I mean. I am saying i wouldn't be anywhere near as strong as her. I don't appreciate my words being twisted, but when i posted last night I was feeling very emotional about this so i see now I seem to have not made myself clear. But whatever. Just thought id respond to your post since you were picking out what I said and and portraying it to sound not like the way I actually meant.

This is the first time I have ever seen a mother be able to be so strong so soon after their child has been killed. I agree no one knows how we'd react until in the situation, but i certainly do not believe id have the courage and strength that this woman has in order to cope. That is why i have more so been intrigued with her. Not judging.
    Last edited by Serenity Love; 15-02-2014 at 15:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just read this excellent article on poor Lukes murder and similar domestic violence issues.

http://www.mamamia.com.au/social/luk...stic-violence/

Basically it's about time people recognise that these situations are somewhat forseeable and more $$ needs to be pumped into support services for couples experiencing custody disputes.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-02-2014),KaraB  (18-02-2014),Mokeybear  (18-02-2014),Serenity Love  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What an excellent article and I agree with every point.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokeybear For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (18-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Darling Luke was buried today. RIP little man.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1226833534752

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (22-02-2014)