+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugsandsnails View Post
    He's in daycare 1 day a week, I really can't justify any more than that.

The worst thing is that I've worked in child care, as a nanny and an EC teacher and I never felt like this with other kids.
    It is completely different when its your own child, so dont feel bad. Being a mum is hard work, which never ends. Try not to be so hard on yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

The worst thing is that I've worked in child care, as a nanny and an EC teacher and I never felt like this with other kids.
    Don't be so hard on yourself It's a lot different when they are your own because It's 24/7 Do you go to a play group? Might be something else to keep him pre occupied.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I feel the same way. In fact, DH and I were just discussing last night that we have to step up our game. We've got the 123 Magic book and we're going to both read it and come up with strategies.

We have some really, truly wonderful moments and she's fun. I much prefer at this age to any other. But getting her to do things, the tantrums, the bossiness is getting to me at the moment. I feel like I'm failing her by not being a better parent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think being a mum we put soooo much pressure on ourselves! Even out in public, people frown upon the lady at the checkout with a screaming toddler... Instead we should be giving ourselves a pat on the back (or a glass of wine ) for surviving each day with with 5 fingers and 5 toes all in tact I think having a toddler is one of the hardest stages of parenting and I think we all have/will do a great job!!

Thanks
    Reviews

That's good. Enjoy that day to yourself and don't ever feel guilty . Parenting is hard work x

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi

just wondering whether something like 123 magic etc might help give you tips? i am also doing professional development training in child psychology topics currently (im a psych but always worked with adults so trying to skill up ) and i read something just yesterday about different parenting styles work better for children with different temperments..it was quite fascinating ie fiesty , reactive children dont do well with gentle softly approaches and shy, passive children do better with this but dont fair well with over protectiveness etc and it goes on....interesting research and made a lot of sense to me in relation to my two kids and what works and what doesnt with each of them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha @happygirl1982 I think we have the same newsfeed.

Do you have any friends you can invite over/pop over too to distract you for a few hours?

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Hahaha @happygirl1982 I think we have the same newsfeed.

Do you have any friends you can invite over/pop over too to distract you for a few hours?

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    I think we do!

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your a great mum because you can admit when it's getting tough.

It does get easier and harder and easier and harder and easier. Every age presents challenges.

You sound like a normal mum to me.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept