+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine was really early and it cleared by 7 weeks.
    However with my first, 7 years prior to that baby, I had what they called unexplained bleeding that lasted until 16 wks on and off. Talk about nerve wracking.
    I'm not sure if they just didn't know so much 15 years ago or what was going on.
    My son was born healthy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

samilia  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    Have they looked at other meds? I have a GF with bipolar and when pregnant they were able to switch her meds to a pregnancy safe option. I'm not much help as my full blown anxiety came into play after I had my baby.

To the posters saying not to worry and using terms such as "worry wart"... Easier said than done if you've never suffered from anxiety. Please, show a little compassion!
    I know right? My family is like this although my mother knows she gets anxiety and that I've had it on and off. My 7 yr old is on meds for anxiety ๐Ÿ˜
    Sometimes feelings just overwhelm you. It's better to talk them out than to bottle them up

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I have huge anxiety over scans as well but mine is validated in a way as I have had 2 missed mc (healthy hb seen with both then nothing the next scan, still had symptoms & ms for weeks until the next scan where the losses were discovered)

I have no advice on reducing the worry as if I knew how to stop it, I would for myself as well. Just so you know you aren't alone in how you feel

Sent from my HTC Desire X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm sorry for your loss.. That just made me more anxious. The last thing I want to hear is after normal scans someone had a missed miscarriage, my biggest fear.. But I'm guessing mines not validated because I've never had a missed miscarriage before....

Me 25 ๐Ÿ’‘ DH 29
    ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐ŸŽ€DD #1- 30.11.08 ๐Ÿ’—
    ๐Ÿ‘ถ๐ŸŽ€DD #2 28.03.11 ๐Ÿ’œ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by samilia View Post
    IBut I'm guessing mines not validated because I've never had a missed miscarriage before....

When you've lost a baby, or several, it's pretty understandable there is fear bc it's based on a logical concern it will happen again. You wait for it to happen again bc it's happened before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I understand the fears, I was the same my entire pregnancy as I'd had three early miscarriages before my DS. A lot of women have the same stresses and anxiety, especially girls who have had losses or are doing Ivf and are finally pregnant.

You just have to get through it, one day at a time. Distraction is a good thing to stop you thinking about it. You have no reason to think anything is wrong right now and the odds of everything being fine are greatly in your favour.

Goggling and looking at percentages will only make you more anxious because at the end of the day, a normal pregnancy can end just like that and a seemingly troubled one can make it, there is nothing you can do either way.

Maybe stay away from the net, do things that make you feel calm and distracted and just take it one day at a time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your loss.. That just made me more anxious. The last thing I want to hear is after normal scans someone had a missed miscarriage, my biggest fear.. But I'm guessing mines not validated because I've never had a missed miscarriage before....

Me 25 ๐Ÿ’‘ DH 29
    I don't think she meant it that way at all.
    And yeh those stories horrify me as well and it happened to someone I know, where literally the day before her baby had a hb, next day it didn't.
    I know a few ladies who lost babies in the second trimester as well. Life is beautiful and cruel.
    Just when you have been there it's hard not to remember.

samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    To the posters saying not to worry and using terms such as "worry wart"... Easier said than done if you've never suffered from anxiety. Please, show a little compassion![/QUOTE]

THANK YOU! I don't think people realise how horrifying anxiety and panics attacks are until they have actually experienced them.

I actually with my last preg had a really bad bleed with my DD2 at 8pm, there was no US clinic open at that time and so I went to emergency. They checked my levels and then had dropped since my last hcg the week before .. They couldn't do an US until the morning and made me wear a pad, told me I was having a misscarriage, admitted me, and came in every hour checking my pad for fetal tissue!

The dr on duty said because my levels were dropping that I was miscarriaging .. She was rubbing my shoulder as she told me. .......
    I broke down and cried. I then waited to either miscarriage or have a D&c in the morning and they prepped me telling me I couldn't eat.

Then the next morning I woke up and got a phone call at 6am saying my granddad died ... Then I had to wait until 7:30 am for the first available US in the hospital.

Over that whole night and morning I barely slept and I begun the grieving process of losing my baby. Then just before my US, a new doctor on duty said, I'm terribly sorry, your HCG levels are ok, and we thought your hcg was dropping but it in fact was that you got the point in the first trimester where your levels begin to level out! And you actually may not be miscarriaging!

I was so confused and went on to have an ultrasound and there she was happy and healthy. She is now 3 in 1 month and perfect. BUT THE POINT TO TGIS STORY WAS, every since them, I have been terrorised and terrified by miscarriage. That coupled with my already standing anxiety = severe worry.

So that's why I'm a little scared of miscarriage. I hope people can understand that?

I actually started to grieve a miscarriage.. Went through all the motions.. But came our lucky I guess.

Me 25 ๐Ÿ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    When you've lost a baby, or several, it's pretty understandable there is fear bc it's based on a logical concern it will happen again. You wait for it to happen again bc it's happened before.
    That's the problem with anxiety... It's often irrational fears... Doesn't make them all less real and terrifying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's awful samilia ๐Ÿ˜”
    Hoping this lil scare has the same happy outcome

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

samilia  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [/

THANK YOU! I don't think people realise how horrifying anxiety and panics attacks are until they have actually experienced them.

I actually with my last preg had a really bad bleed with my DD2 at 8pm, there was no US clinic open at that time and so I went to emergency. They checked my levels and then had dropped since my last hcg the week before .. They couldn't do an US until the morning and made me wear a pad, told me I was having a misscarriage, admitted me, and came in every hour checking my pad for fetal tissue!

The dr on duty said because my levels were dropping that I was miscarriaging .. She was rubbing my shoulder as she told me. .......
    I broke down and cried. I then waited to either miscarriage or have a D&c in the morning and they prepped me telling me I couldn't eat.

Then the next morning I woke up and got a phone call at 6am saying my granddad died ... Then I had to wait until 7:30 am for the first available US in the hospital.

Over that whole night and morning I barely slept and I begun the grieving process of losing my baby. Then just before my US, a new doctor on duty said, I'm terribly sorry, your HCG levels are ok, and we thought your hcg was dropping but it in fact was that you got the point in the first trimester where your levels begin to level out! And you actually may not be miscarriaging!

I was so confused and went on to have an ultrasound and there she was happy and healthy. She is now 3 in 1 month and perfect. BUT THE POINT TO TGIS STORY WAS, every since them, I have been terrorised and terrified by miscarriage. That coupled with my already standing anxiety = severe worry.

So that's why I'm a little scared of miscarriage. I hope people can understand that?

I actually started to grieve a miscarriage.. Went through all the motions.. But came our lucky I guess.

Me 25 ๐Ÿ’‘ DH 29
    That is horrible I can totally understand that *hugs*

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

samilia  (13-02-2014)