+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    samilia is offline Our family is almost complete <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Why do I worry about this?

Ok, so I am 9 weeks +1 and so far I had an US at 6 weeks and 7.2w.. Both times, heart rate fine, baby measuring fine etc.. I have never had a miscarriage and I have 2 beautiful daughters, but for some reason before every scan I think that there is going to be no heart beat! It freaks me out so much. Because I have a subchorionic hematoma on my uterus I have to have frequent US... So it's kind of torturing! I am so convinced on my next scan there will be no heartbeat.. Why do I think like this? how do I not think like this? How common are those missed miscarriages?? Arrgggh! I want to vomit from nerves of my upcoming US! Help!!

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29
    πŸ‘ΆπŸŽ€DD #1- 30.11.08 πŸ’—
    πŸ‘ΆπŸŽ€DD #2 28.03.11 πŸ’œ

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've seen a lot of your posts and you are definitely a worry wort!! There is no reason to worry until there is something to worry about. Anything can happen at any time and unfortunately constantly googling or questioning isn't going to change anything. Try to enjoy what you have and take each day as it comes.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-02-2014),Lauzy  (13-02-2014),NewMrs  (13-02-2014),ozeymumof5  (13-02-2014),Pumpkaboo  (13-02-2014),Purple Lily  (13-02-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess it's just the fear of being told that terrible news. Yes, I am a worrier, but I can't help it... I wish I could, but I can't take my anti anxiety meds in pregnancy. So In the mean time I'm constantly trying to seek reassurance. I'm sorry is that is annoying anyone. Yes, I know, if something's going to go wrong, I can't stop that... Like I said, Guess Im just looking for reassurance to calm my edgy nerves.

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too have read all your posts regarding your current pregnancy. You need to stop worrying. As pp said, if there's no reason to worry then why go through the stress?you say your only 9 weeks in and are already having your 3rd U/S, well that's quite odd. Most people only get an US before 12 weeks just to know the EDD. If you honest can't stop worrying then maybe you need to talk to a professional? A counsellor perhaps? To be honest, getting so worked up about it is not healthy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pusheen The Cat For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (13-02-2014),NewMrs  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *hugs* OP. I have massive anxiety and have been where you are. No medication must be making it really hard for you
    Do you have a good psychologist? Could you maybe speak to them about some coping strategies to use in place of medication?

One thing to remember is, you've seen a healthy heartbeat which means the chances of a MC now have dropped significantly, so try and think about that when you start to worry. Also, deep breathing is so good! I know it sounds cliche but it really help brings me back to calm when I'm on the brink of an attack.

Hang in there, it's tough I know! Hopefully you have a good support network who can work through this with you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two successful pregnancies, no cramping, no bleeding and your age are all good indicators that things are fine. I don't think there is much more reassurance we can give you. I agree, speaking with a counsellor is a great option as worrying for the next 31 weeks isn't going to be healthy for you.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Samilia I completely understand how you feel. It's really hard to sit back and let life take control especially if you are prone to anxiety. As I have had a previous stillborn baby I also find it impossible not to stress. Every cramp, every niggle, every symptom or even no symptoms make me think doom is around the corner! I have had one scan and everything was fine and I'm having another next week also purely to put my mind at ease. You will feel better once you get to 12wks, whilst bad things can happen at anytime, it's easier to relax once your percentage chance of miscarriage is lowered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel you.
    I am pregnant after a missed miscarriage, which was the first miscarriage I had had after 5 healthy children.
    I've seen the heartbeat and have been so sick but I still get so nervous about my next scan which is the 12 week one tomorrow.
    I've had anxiety as a child and in my early 20s when my ex husband cheated on me.
    I feel like with this pregnancy everything I haven't felt for years is coming back on me.
    What we have to remember that nothing in life is a guarantee. And just enjoy what we have and know that we will get through what we have to.

Statistics to me are cold comfort, you don't know when you will be that one in four or if you ever will.
    From one freaking out mum to another, we just have to let it go.
    Hope you feel better soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pusheen The Cat View Post
    I too have read all your posts regarding your current pregnancy. You need to stop worrying. As pp said, if there's no reason to worry then why go through the stress?you say your only 9 weeks in and are already having your 3rd U/S, well that's quite odd. Most people only get an US before 12 weeks just to know the EDD. If you honest can't stop worrying then maybe you need to talk to a professional? A counsellor perhaps? To be honest, getting so worked up about it is not healthy.
    Well obviously if I could stop worrying I would! I do speak to professionals about my anxiety. And all the scans I have had are because I have subchorionic hematoma and the dr requested I have scans every few weeks. Not because I'm worried, but because they are seeing if it's growing or not (it can cause miscarriage)... And my US today in fact showed it has gotten bigger. I'm not sure if your trying to help, or if your just annoyed at my persistent posting, but you can block me of you don't wish to read my worry stories.

Me 25 πŸ’‘ DH 29

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a hematoma with my third, it's important they keep an eye on it. I've had two ultrasounds for peace of mind this pregnancy! No other reason.
    I hope they find it's shrinking at your next ultrasound, that is quite scary.

When you're prone to worry it's pretty hard not to 😐
    Try to keep busy? I just try not think of things. Which sucks because it makes me feel detached.