+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore an underwire panache sports bra pretty much my entire first pregnancy (from figleaves). It was super comfy and supportive. The wire is kinda in between flexiwire and normal underwire. My obs said it was fine to wear underwire as long as I was comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ok thanks jellybub! I think I will most likely go back to underwire. If you dont mind me asking, did you breastfeed? If so how did you nurse comfortably (especially out in public) if you wore the sports bras - they are usually pretty high cut. Thats my other concern if I go back to underwire.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had some cake lingerie bras for feeding (with flexiwire). Not as much support as a normal underwire, but I find these ones provide a much nicer shape. I find wire free tend to squish me together and make it look like I have one boob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybub For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had big boobs all my life, JJ cup and I'm now 17 weeks pregnant. So far, thankfully, they haven't changed, but I'm dreading going up anymore as they've caused me problems all my life having a tiny back and being short, so I'm terrified for when they start growing as I progress!Bravissimo have always been good, but I agree, just find the style you like then search on ebay or brastop.com and get it MUCH cheaper. I'm still wearing underwires, but have a few maternity bras already which I sleep in with no wires- never thought I'd actually be pregnant so that's weird, but at least they are going to proper use now. Good luck ladies x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've struggled finding bras before pregnancy (being outside the size range of most high st stores) and really can't afford online random purchases to guess at sizes. I've lived in target crop tops (size 20-22) and their sports crops (size 18 I think), and a xxxL ahh bra.
    I've also bought two bravado nursing crop tops in xxL from blestbras.com.au- the most generous sizing I've found (the rest of their range looks good too)

When bub comes I'm going to wear nursing tops (from big w, size 18 or 20) and then check out some bras- I may or may not get any.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickenandegg For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (01-07-2014),heartstringz  (17-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had to stay with wire free as my belly popped higher up & underwires hurt. But now I'm finding the chest band of all bras & crop tops get pushed up under my breasts by my belly & get rolled up & dig in & it's really starting to hurt. I've losened my bras but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Did anyone else have this problem? It's getting really uncomfortable to wear a bra/crop top at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hun I understand fully.
    Not many bras are going to fit our even be supportive enough.
    I'm a 14 HH.
    I have tried everything this last pregnancy but the best of got was a hot milk bra and some ahh bra kinda tops.
    I'm not bf ing and I'm still in my hot milk but have just bought a cake lingerie flexi wire. It took a bit to get used to the wire again but it's ok.

I do find the hot milk is not as great a support as we need but it's better than some.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie Stackedhouse For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (05-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok another question:

Where can I find reasonably priced bras in my size? IMO $70+ is not reasonably priced when I need more than one. Last bra purchase cost $150 for two!

I need more bras again, but as I said not long ago spent $150 & I can't afford that again. I also have no clue what size I'll be when my milk comes in so no doubt I'll need more bras then $150 each time is getting to be a stretch!

Nursing singlets & crop tops give me no support whatsoever, if I can even find one in my size to begin with.

I can't find anything on eBay cheaper & I'm reluctant to buy online anyway.

The ridiculous cost of bras is really unaffordable for me, especially given I only have 7 weeks left at work & we are trying to save as much money as possible.

I have no idea what to do! I really can't afford them but I need something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try Zodee online. Free delivery and returns, so you can try various sizes and styles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried going into the store you purchased them from and telling them that you're not comfortable? Maybe there is something they can do?

I've been rotating two bras for maybe 8 weeks now. It sucks having to wash and wear everyday but I've changed sizes 6 or 7 times now and it was getting too expensive. The lady who fitted me suggested going up in the body and cup to allow for extra growing room and comfort and so far, so good.

You can still wear underwire (I have been) as long as the wires aren't sitting on your breast tissue and you are completely in the cup (no four boob look).