+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Maternity bras

I had to buy new bras & given underwire ones are now uncomfortable I bought maternity bras. I had them properly fitted & they are so comfortable, but they are just not that supportive (or not compared to my pre-pregnancy bras anyway). The fitter was adamant that maternity bras are just as supportive as regular bras but the only way I can get any support is to pull the shoulder straps really tight which causes me too much pain.

It's exacerbating my neck issues & causing pain & headaches so I'm not really sure what to do. I don't want to buy more bras until I need to, these ones were expensive enough.

I bought flexiwire as well as unwired bras & they both seem the same in terms of support.

Any ideas of what I can do?

Btw I'm a small back size & large cup size so it's hard to find crop tops etc that fit me (DH suggested I could wear one over my bra).

I'm considering just going back to underwire, regardless of what the experts say.....
    Last edited by heartstringz; 13-02-2014 at 17:45.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to heartstringz For This Useful Post:

alexis243  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bravissimo, pricey but worth it. From a fellow small backed, big boobed girl! X

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carly Lou For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought some post-surgery bras instead of maternity bras (I haven't had surgery but am pregnant!). They are good for those of us with small backs and big boobs 👍 . Support varies though, depending on what you buy. They are available at most bra shops and even places like Target.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am pregnant and I just got the best, most comfortable bras! They look like those 'ahh bras' but I got them from kmart. A two pack is only $12. I got like 6! They do have thicker straps so can't wear them with singlets that's all. I find them very supportive, they have a padded cup so don't show any nipple and they are so super comfortable I can even sleep in them. They give a nice supportive shape too! No underwire either. I got a 12-14 size and I'd be about a 14DD-E at the moment (I'm a 12D-DD when not pregnant). You want to get them small enough so they are still supportive if you know what I mean.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (21-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second Bravissimo - their size guide is great too. There are also a couple of UK department stores (John Lewis and Debenhams) that stock reasonably priced bras for small backs / large cups. Once you know which ones suit you, you can buy them much cheaper on eBay.

I find that Target etc don't stock these sizes and Myer may have a couple of bras. There are specialty shops that have a larger range, however I've found that these are very expensive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cake lingerie, expensive but worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to ask - what size are you after?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Cake lingerie, expensive but worth it.
    Gorgeous stuff but very limited sizing unfortunately 😞

Figleaves online have 20% off at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, sounds like im going online shopping this weekend!

I was a 10F before pregnancy, now im a 10-12 FF/G. So i dont usually bother with department stores, they rarely have anything in my size.

By now im used to spending $65-$80 per bra but it is rather a strain on the budget when I change sizes a few times during pregnancy.

I'll try some of the recommendations but ultimately I think im going to have to go back to underwire. I tried a sports crop top over maternity bra yesterday & still ended up with bad neck pain & a headache, so im not sure that that option will work.

Does anyone know what the likelihood is of underwires causing problems? Cause I think at this point, given I still have to go to work every day etc, I need to choose the lesser of two evils. If the underwires causing issues is fairly unlikely then it makes more sense than neck pain & splitting headaches every day.

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app